Hey,

Just wanted to share what I am using with the DTEK50.

As for microSD cards, I'm using the SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC 128GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card (Upto 80 MB/s Speed) , works great so far.

A inexpensive tempered glass to protect the screen.

As for the case I went with "Ziaon Triple Layer Holster Kickstand Back Cover Case for Blackberry Dtek50" it feels solid and I have no complaints, has a nice grip and a cool stand. Not very business like but very durable.

Do share what your using and if it works for you, makes it easier to make a choice, thanks.

What kind of case / accessory / microSD card are you using with the DTEK50-case1.jpg
    What kind of case / accessory / microSD card are you using with the DTEK50-case2.jpg
    What kind of case / accessory / microSD card are you using with the DTEK50-case3.jpg
    What kind of case / accessory / microSD card are you using with the DTEK50-case4.jpg
    What kind of case / accessory / microSD card are you using with the DTEK50-case5.jpg
    Last edited by iSh0w; 01-22-17 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to add tempered glass ;)
    01-22-17 05:22 AM
    Same SD card. Too early to tell if it is going to get corrupted like 2 other 64GB SanDisks that I have.
    No other accessories. I like the smudge resistant glass screen too much to put a protector on it and to get smudge back on it.
    01-22-17 08:07 AM
    Same SD card. Too early to tell if it is going to get corrupted like 2 other 64GB SanDisks that I have.
    No other accessories. I like the smudge resistant glass screen too much to put a protector on it and to get smudge back on it.
    Yeah. was wondering if 128GB was toouch, 64GB would have been enough, plan to use the phone long term so decided to get the 128GB

Hope it passes the test of time

Wish there was a otterbox case for this phone, this was the closest I could get.

I have no clue of screen replacement and blackberry authorized service centers, hence the tempered glass.

Thanks for sharing
    01-24-17 08:05 PM
  4. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Hey,

As for microSD cards, I'm using the SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC 128GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card (Upto 80 MB/s Speed) , works great so far.

As for the case I went with "Ziaon Triple Layer Holster Kickstand Back Cover Case for Blackberry Dtek50" it feels solid and I have no complaints, has a nice grip and a cool stand. Not very business like but very durable.

Do share what your using and if it works for you, makes it easier to make a choice, thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	case1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	416265

Name:	case2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	416266

Name:	case3.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	416267

Name:	case4.jpg 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	416268

Name:	case5.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	416269
    Where do I get that case?

I'm posting from Germany.
    01-24-17 10:37 PM
    Where do I get that case?

I'm posting from Germany.
    I have no clue :/ , that's the reason I wrote them name in my OP, I bought it off eBay.

I'd suggest googleing the name and replace DTEK50 with Alcatel Idol 3, the phone designs are identical.

I bought it here in India and it was reasonably priced, I doubt this link will even load for you there in Germany - http://www.ebay.in/itm/262754349479?...84.m1439.l2649

01-24-17 11:08 PM
  6. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    I have no clue :/ , that's the reason I wrote them name in my OP, I bought it off eBay.

I'd suggest googleing the name and replace DTEK50 with Alcatel Idol 3, the phone designs are identical.

I bought it here in India and it was reasonably priced, I doubt this link will even load for you there in Germany - http://www.ebay.in/itm/262754349479?...84.m1439.l2649

Do you think it would be possible to arrange a shipping to Germany?

I'm willing to pay for it.

I found the case for the Samsung S5.
    01-25-17 02:53 AM
    Hey iSh0w, that sounds and looks like a pretty sweet set up. Belt and braces for protection haha.

I was temped to purchase a 128 GB card but ended up picking up a 32 GB simply because it was so cheap at the time and i cant take 4K video so i didn't need to worry about huge file sizes. normally stick to 720p anyway.

That case looks like military grade protection haha. Definitely will keep your device looking brand new for years. Do you know if they offer one for the DTEK60? might pick one up soon. I personally really like the "DTEK50 Smart Flip Case" its going for $20 at the moment.
    01-25-17 03:45 AM
    Do you think it would be possible to arrange a shipping to Germany?

I'm willing to pay for it.

I found the case for the Samsung S5.
    No, I'm sorry, I keep traveling and I'm in India at the moment any will be somewhere else soon.

I think it would cost the same amount to ship as the case...

Update:
    Ok. I did some digging and realized the BB DTEK50 is the same as the Alcatel Idol 4, not Alcatel Idol 3 as I mentioned earlier.

When I say the same I mean identical.

What I could find on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/Zizo-Protecto...UvbUpU12741644) it is not the same but pretty close.

I also wrote to the seller on eBay telling them there might be a market for it internationally bases on this thread, so I'll let you know if they get back.

The reason for me sharing was in case there was a case like the otterbox someone was using then maybe I could have switched ot that.

The google for the similar in Alcatel would be "Ziaon Triple Layer Holster Kickstand Back Cover Case for Alcatel idol 4 5.2 inch"
    http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ziaon-Triple-...YAAOSw44BYSanY
    Last edited by iSh0w; 01-25-17 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Update
    01-25-17 03:46 AM
    Hey iSh0w, that sounds and looks like a pretty sweet set up. Belt and braces for protection haha.

I was temped to purchase a 128 GB card but ended up picking up a 32 GB simply because it was so cheap at the time and i cant take 4K video so i didn't need to worry about huge file sizes. normally stick to 720p anyway.

That case looks like military grade protection haha. Definitely will keep your device looking brand new for years. Do you know if they offer one for the DTEK60? might pick one up soon. I personally really like the "DTEK50 Smart Flip Case" its going for $20 at the moment.
    Hmm, the DTEK60 is a classy pick doubt it will have military grade/style cases

It feels good in hand to hold and I never worry about dropping the phone, I'm sure if you look around you'll find something similar, eventually ...

The 128GB is working out fine, I bought a 128GB because I like watching a lot of movies on the go and I don't have to keep moving them around as I used to with the 32GB card I previously used, I can just let quite a few movies on there and then watch what I like/am in the mood to watch when I'm on the move

To each their own, for sure I'm definitely not getting a 2TB microSD card for example as BlackBerry advertises anytime soon.

Just for kicks I actually Googled and couldn't even find a 2TB microSD card I think it would cost more than the DTEK50
    Matty likes this.
    01-25-17 03:54 AM
  10. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    No, I'm sorry, I keep traveling and I'm in India at the moment any will be somewhere else soon.

I think it would cost the same amount to ship as the case...

Update:
    Ok. I did some digging and realized the BB DTEK50 is the same as the Alcatel Idol 4, not Alcatel Idol 3 as I mentioned earlier.

When I say the same I mean identical.

What I could find on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/Zizo-Protecto...UvbUpU12741733) it is not the same but pretty close.

I also wrote to the seller on eBay telling them there might be a market for it internationally bases on this thread, so I'll let you know if they get back.

The reason for me sharing was in case there was a case like the otterbox someone was using then maybe I could have switched ot that.

The google for the similar in Alcatel would be "Ziaon Triple Layer Holster Kickstand Back Cover Case for Alcatel idol 4 5.2 inch"
    http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ziaon-Triple-...YAAOSw44BYSanY
    Thank you! That's helpful.
    01-25-17 05:56 AM
    To each their own, for sure I'm definitely not getting a 2TB microSD card for example as BlackBerry advertises anytime soon.

Just for kicks I actually Googled and couldn't even find a 2TB microSD card I think it would cost more than the DTEK50
    I think the highest card you can buy thats widely available is a 256 GB card from Either Sandisk or Samsung. There is a 512 GB card coming 'soon' from Microdia but they haven't gotten it fully working yet. Should be out by July or somewhere around then. Retailing for around $1,000 hahah. Absolutely madness.
    iSh0w likes this.
    01-25-17 09:50 AM
    Bought clear case idol 4 .fits perfect.bought it in Montreal at Videotron store..
    01-25-17 02:18 PM
    Here is a pix of the idol 4 clear case. Spongy plastic keeps the phone safe.
    Attached Thumbnails What kind of case / accessory / microSD card are you using with the DTEK50-img_20170125_1519233.jpg  
    iSh0w likes this.
    01-25-17 02:20 PM
  14. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Got that as well. Nice one.
    01-25-17 11:03 PM
    Wow.
    01-26-17 02:44 AM
  16. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Hey,

Name:	case1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	416265

Name:	case2.jpg 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	416266

Name:	case3.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	416267

Name:	case4.jpg 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	416268

Name:	case5.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	416269
    Yay! I was able to find an American seller on eBay and got hold of the case.

Thanks again for your help. =o)

It's got a skull on the back, but I don't mind.

Will share pics after its arrival.
    iSh0w likes this.
    01-26-17 02:42 PM
    Yay! I was able to find an American seller on eBay and got hold of the case.

Thanks again for your help. =o)

It's got a skull on the back, but I don't mind.

Will share pics after its arrival.
    Awesome!
    01-26-17 07:40 PM
    I went for the Smart Pocket and I really like it. First of all I partially credit it with saving my phone when it fell into the bath. I think it absorbed a lot of water in the second or so before I snatched the phone back out. It looks good and it protects the screen in pocket. Not for everyone but I like it. I don't check my phone all the time because of the work. If do so if you check your phone every few mins then maybe not for you.
    01-26-17 09:33 PM
    Finally getting around to sharing real photos. I hate removing the case

BTW, I only use the 3rd outermost shell when mounting it in the car while driving for GPS/Google Maps when traveling via road

This one below is of an old one I had, liked it because it had a nice back with a BlackBerry logo but turned out to not be so protective , I felt

Last edited by iSh0w; 01-26-17 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Update!
    01-26-17 10:48 PM
    I went for the Smart Pocket and I really like it. First of all I partially credit it with saving my phone when it fell into the bath. I think it absorbed a lot of water in the second or so before I snatched the phone back out. It looks good and it protects the screen in pocket. Not for everyone but I like it. I don't check my phone all the time because of the work. If do so if you check your phone every few mins then maybe not for you.
    Cool, do share photos/links , if/when you get the time!
    01-26-17 11:01 PM
    I used to like these a lot, but they are dust magnets, and then it would drive me crazy to see the dust, so I would spend more time cleaning the dust than using the phone I'm pretty OCD that way ...

Cases with the top lip, not only protects your screen when it falls face down but also prevents the dust from entering

Just sharing!
    01-26-17 11:04 PM
    I also have the Smart Pocket. And I like it too. Some pieces of advice to those considering getting it :

1. It has the sleep magnet built into the case, which is standard for BlackBerry. This means you can just lay the phone on top of the case, say on your desk at work, and the phone immediately goes into battery saving mode. No need for double tapping. I find this very convenient.

2. You can speak on the phone with the phone inside the case which is very convenient.

3. At first this case will be tight and it will be difficult to remove the phone from the case. What I did to remedy this was to put my Z30 into the case for a few days to stretch the stitching. The Z30 is just a little bit bigger and after say 4 days just sitting in the case, it was a lot easier for the smaller DTEK50 50 to slide out.

4. When removing the phone from the case, push the phone up from the open bottom at the same time that you pull the phone from the exposed top phone frame.

5. This case allows you to hold the phone in your hand to use it. I really like the feel of this phone

I hope this helps current and future owners of this great case.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 11:51 PM
    64gb SanDisk card set as internal storage, blackberry flip case with notification window and a leather pouch. Also just use the supplied earphones for music /video as I find them good enough for me. Also pair it up with a smartwatch ( Sony sw 2) most of the day. More than happy with this phone
    iSh0w likes this.
    01-27-17 02:56 AM
    10 Gb Sd Card and i use this case :
    01-30-17 01:17 PM
    Got the same case 👍
    01-30-17 03:00 PM
34 12