I have been having issues with SD cards lately and decided that it would be best to replace my phone as it is currently under warranty. After speaking for hours on the phone with customer service, they agree to replace my device.

When I went to the store today, the representative said they would not replace my device because the water damage indicator is red. How can this be when my phone has never been exposed to water? How sensitive are these water damage indicators?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 03:46 PM
    How can this be when my phone has never been exposed to water?
    Moisture, steam, etc.

How sensitive are these water damage indicators?
    Varies really. Sometimes when they're inside near the headphone jack, folks get the tip headphone plug-in wet and can trigger it. I forget where it is on the DTEK50 though.
    07-10-17 03:54 PM
    It's located right next to the SIM card slot. I just don't understand how this could have happened. My phone has never been exposed to water.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 04:54 PM
    85 of our fleet of the DTEK50 have the red indicator under the sim tray cover. We never had this kind of problem with the BB Classic, Q10, older BBs. With the DTEK50 I'm not even surprised anymore if I see a red indicator when any of these phones get in my hands. I think they placed it to an unfortunate place, where it can easily get in contact with sweat.
    07-11-17 09:09 PM
    It's located right next to the SIM card slot. I just don't understand how this could have happened. My phone has never been exposed to water.

Posted via CB10
    I got a similar problem lately. My Dtek50 won`t occasionally charge anymore, so I contacted Blackberry here in Europe and asked for a repair which they agreed to since the phone is still under warranty. Three days ago the phone came back and they repair center says that it has a water damage and they won`t be able to fix this.

My Dtek50 got never anywhere near water, since the water indicator is misplaced in my opinion right under the sim card and SD card tray I assume that sweat or humidity from keeping my phone in my pocket doing sports outside turned the indicator red.

I will try to fix the problem myself, since I believe it is only caused by a loose charging contact or defective contact. This will certainly be my last BlackBerry, because I feel really mistreated in this case, had BlackBerrys for almost 10 years now and never had an issue with water damage.
    07-31-17 06:23 AM