Has anyone encountered any problems on automatic volume reduction on the DTEK 50 when Earphones are plugged in. This happened to me after I updated my phone to security patch for October.

Please check the below Link and please let me Know your thoughts ?? and how to overcome it.

10-31-16 08:20 PM
    1) Your videos are private. There's no way anyone can watch them.
    2) The resetting of volume is pretty standard as far as I know as the volume controls are independent and set lower so as to avoid ear damage, hence the loud sound warning that comes up when you go past a certain volume level.
    11-01-16 06:05 AM
    Thank you for your info.
    11-01-16 07:53 PM
    It is not "decreased". Simply in case switch to earphones or BT, volume is set to last value for that output.
    Each sound output have own setting of volume and is remembered.
    11-06-16 05:40 AM
    When I use my headphones / earbuds, I can never increase the volume past the halfway mark.

Is this the problem you're encountering?

Posted via CB10
    srini96 likes this.
    11-08-16 02:27 PM
    Same with me in UK looks like a BlackBerry software imposition which I want removed. I want to decide MY volume levels. This phone goes from bad to worse
    11-09-16 03:19 AM
    Same with me in UK looks like a BlackBerry software imposition which I want removed. I want to decide MY volume levels. This phone goes from bad to worse
    Can you not increase your volume once you acknowledge the warning? I used to but I no longer even get a warning!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 05:20 PM
    Works perfectly well for me. Have you tried using the default radio app or YouTube to see what happens. If it works okay with that it may be the app you use for music !
    11-10-16 01:13 AM
    I use the default radio app but volume won't go beyond 50%. Same with music library. Only message I've had was that it was limited due to EU regulations but, as I've said elsewhere, it wasn't an issue with OS10 or my Wileyfox Swift (cyanogen Android). Looks like it's built into software for UK version of dtek50 and I want it gone in the next update. Blackberry please note.....if you ever bother to read these posts that is
    11-10-16 03:40 AM
    Bla1ze the media volume control is LOCKED so it can't exceed 50%. There is NO WAY I can find to unlock it so I can choose my volume setting. With the locked max setting I can barely hear the native fm radio. I am in UK. Do you know how I can get around this frustrating problem? Another nail in Blackberry coffin with me. Wife already given up on dtek50 and bought iphone 7.
    11-11-16 11:10 AM
    Hi.

I actually have the same problem. before when i used to click the volume warning i can raise the volume all the way, but recently the warning message disappears before i can click it. I dont know if this is an update issue.

Cheers
    03-03-17 05:10 PM
    Hi.

I actually have the same problem. before when i used to click the volume warning i can raise the volume all the way, but recently the warning message disappears before i can click it. I dont know if this is an update issue.

Cheers
    https://www.google.ca/amp/forums.cra...1084362/%3famp
    03-04-17 06:49 AM
    Thanks. This has been driving me up the wall for a week now. The fix in the link above fixed it for me
    04-30-17 07:04 PM
    The link is dead. Any help? I am ready to send my BlackBerry back due to this stupid glitch.
    05-31-17 01:27 PM
    1) Your videos are private. There's no way anyone can watch them.
    2) The resetting of volume is pretty standard as far as I know as the volume controls are independent and set lower so as to avoid ear damage, hence the loud sound warning that comes up when you go past a certain volume level.
    Yep. Bla1ze is right. Because my device is new, everytime I plug in the headphones I get a disclaimer telling me that listening to the headphones at a high volume can damage my hearing. The volume is preset at a lower level...
    06-02-17 10:03 AM
    even i can't increase the volume after half way mark, when plugged into earphones .
    07-05-17 01:21 PM