Hey,

So the space bar on my beloved KeyOne is knackered, it only works intermittently. I've only ever used pkb phones, so I was going to get a Key2 - but I'm moving to another country in six months and don't want to get stuck in another phone contract.

So, because I'm on a budget, I've had to pick up a used DTEK50 on Ebay. Pretty cheap but looks to be in good condition.

My question is - what's it like using one of these in 2019? I trust it's quick enough. I don't use my phone for anything other than business. No gaming or anything like that.

My biggest worry is battery life.

Other than having to learn to use a touch keyboard, is there anything I need to know about using one of these in 2019? Do you think I'm going to be alright, or should I invest in a portable battery to take out places with me?

Thanks all!
    08-15-19 08:05 PM
    Hey,

So the space bar on my beloved KeyOne is knackered, it only works intermittently. I've only ever used pkb phones, so I was going to get a Key2 - but I'm moving to another country in six months and don't want to get stuck in another phone contract.

So, because I'm on a budget, I've had to pick up a used DTEK50 on Ebay. Pretty cheap but looks to be in good condition.

My question is - what's it like using one of these in 2019? I trust it's quick enough. I don't use my phone for anything other than business. No gaming or anything like that.

My biggest worry is battery life.

Other than having to learn to use a touch keyboard, is there anything I need to know about using one of these in 2019? Do you think I'm going to be alright, or should I invest in a portable battery to take out places with me?

Thanks all!
    It's $23 CDN for a new KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard. They aren't difficult to replace.

https://www.esourceparts.ca/blackber...waAvjREALw_wcB

Or $17 US:

https://www.parts4repair.com/blackbe...d-replacement/

If you use your DTEK50 heavily, you may wish to grab a battery pack just in case. But with normal use, you should get through the day - at least at first, with a new battery.
    jackbuck93 likes this.
    08-15-19 08:20 PM
    Thanks. I never thought of this. I'm not exactly handy or experienced when it comes to this stuff. I've taken a laptop apart in the past but that's about it. Reckon this is something a novice could do?
    08-15-19 08:22 PM
    Thanks. I never thought of this. I'm not exactly handy or experienced when it comes to this stuff. I've taken a laptop apart in the past but that's about it. Reckon this is something a novice could do?
    If you're at least a bit careful and patient and can follow YouTube instructions, you should be fine.
    jackbuck93 likes this.
    08-15-19 08:53 PM
    You can use a DTEK50 perfectly fine. The numero uno issue is simply battery life. It will get through a day but have your charger handy (or the battery pack) they shipped with. Hardware wise I think they are solid. We kept one of the two we purchased in late July '16 and I use mine @ the house on Wi-Fi. I did a factory reset after our then 10 yo son used it for a year and possibly downloaded and deleted more games than I can imagine. With the device cleaned up it has been glitch free.
    09-07-19 10:15 AM