I'm still plugging along with my old Z10, but between battery life and needing better access to Android apps for work, I need to get a new phone.

I'd love to get the KEYone or even DTEK60, but with car and house payments and a second baby on the way, budget is pretty limited.

Compared to the Z10, how does it compare in 1) battery life, 2) camera, 3) overall operation (other than different OS). Also, what BlackBerry apps come pre-installed/free? BB10 Hub and File Manager are amazing, and BlackBerry calendar smashed my experience with Android calendar.

BlackBerry Curve (2010), BlackBerry Torch (2011-2013), Android junk (2013-2014), BlackBerry Z10 (2014-present)
    07-27-17 10:33 AM
    DTEK50 would be an upgrade from the Z10... and it's cheaper.

Plenty of comparisons of both in their respective sections, suggest that you check both out. But on most accounts both have better battery life and cameras, and both have the full HUB+ suite of apps (no independent file manger though)
    07-27-17 10:56 AM
    I have the Z30 but set it aside about 5 months ago and have been swapping between the Dtek50 and the iPhone 6. Battery life on the z30 was outstanding and always made it through the day. I found the Z10 battery life disappointing. The Dtek50 is better battery life than the Z10 but not as good as my Z30. But needed apps like sports scores and push notifications so had to make the move. It sounds like budget would make you gravitate to Dtek50 and you will like it. My next phone is hopefully KeyONE or it's successor
    07-27-17 11:22 AM
    I found and am finding the whole Android experience a little daunting, but am catching on... the DTek50 strikes me as a "cheaper type" phone than the Z10 which I think was a hardy little thing, but it was time to go for a new phone, really, and when my Canadian Bell mobility account got hacked, they think from using wifi on the Z10 somewhere and picking a carrier I shouldn't have, I ended up with a lot of international texts on my account but not showing in my Hub -- strange -- so Bell, as I am a longtime customer, cancelled those charges and sent me a new DTek50,instead of a new SIM for Z10, and I am sadly bidding goodbye to my Z10 -- I would have liked to try the Passport but was unsure of the longevity of BB OS 10...

At first I didn't like it, I liked the more "dignified" businesslike design of the home screen and the way one could set it up under OS10, I sure wish Canadians had gone enthusiastically for OS10....

But, I am setting up the DTek Hub and so on, and compared to a Moto G I think it is from 2015 that I have seen, the DTek is a typical Android but does have the BlackBerry Hub to combine in one place one's texts, call history, and emails. I am not experienced enough with cell phones to know or appreciate more, but I like it, and I would like to see BlackBerry keep providing phones, I can't afford at the moment their more highly priced ones but I would like to have access to them.
    07-27-17 04:56 PM
    I have both Zs and both Dteks. until recently the Z30 was my favorite. Unfortunately, it was becoming less useful due to lack of apps and updates. I decided to learn Android by getting a used Dtek50. (did a trade on the Marketplace). Turned out to be a good plan. It took a while to get used to it, but after a few months I bit the bullet and bought a Dtek60. I finally found something to truly replace my beloved Z30.
    To compare:
    Z10 - love the size, build, OS.
    Battery and speakers could be better. It now lives in my car with a second number as an emergency phone if I forget my main phone.

Z30 - great battery, great speakers, my favorite but outdated.

Dtek50 - A good choice if you are on a budget. Battery better than Z10 but not as good as Z30. Only 16 GB internal storage. Although you can use an SD card, unless you want to set it up as internal storage (I didn't want to do that) it slightly limits the number of apps.

Dtek60 - good battery, 32 GB internal storage, fast, wish it was smaller!!! Happy with it.

If you can afford a 60, I would recommend it. They are hard to find. Maybe used? Otherwise, there is a lot to like about the 50.

Good luck with your choice.

Razr>BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    07-29-17 11:03 PM
    I have a Dtek50, which I like but don't love. Have used Android and my current tablet runs it. [The Lenovo launcher (tablet) makes Android almost lovable]. However, my main squeeze is the Z30. (also have a Z10). The big reason I prefer the Z30 is it just seems to work better (same for my Z10). By that I mean it connects to wifi better than my Dtek50, better than my Android Tablet, better than my laptop, especially in marginal conditions. Was in Italy recently and only my Z10 and Z30 alone would connect to the hotel wifi. W/O them my cloud services were useless. Moreover, they both have wifi-calling capabilities (T-Mo). I noticed on an Apple forum there is a list of countries where wifi-calling on iPhone will not work. Been to two of those countries and the BBerry phones connect no sweat. Right now use the Dtek as a backup company line... and as a Sonos controller.
    07-31-17 10:50 AM
    I had a z10 with 2 extra batteries on the battery life was bad on that phone. I then went for a leap and it had amazing battery life. I have a dtek 50 now and it is okay. No thing can come close to BlackBerry 10 experience and fluidity but the dtek is okay I got rid of BlackBerry launcher and use Nova. I turned down the brightness all the way, turned off feedback keyboard and tweaked permissions on the apps. With all that I get all day battery and snappy performance but is an upgrade and worth it if your on a budget.
    07-31-17 12:49 PM
    I just upgraded to DTek50 from a Z10. Still finding my way around it but it is
    great. Battery life is much better and a lot of apps avaliable.
    Last edited by mario6161; 07-31-17 at 07:11 PM.
    07-31-17 06:12 PM