For working reasons I had to set up the company account on my DTEK 50, it happened not without trouble, but it all eventually went well. The only, sensibile, shortcoming was that battery duration immediately got down from the day (10-12 hours) to six-eight hours, with the necessity of frequent recharges. Till now I coped with a car charger and by keeping it charged in office, but I want to complain, as I find it unacceptable that in such an advanced phone battery duration is so short!!! As I frequently have to go around for work, it'a shortcoming to spend time finding plugs to let the phone recharging. Moreover, keeping a powerbank might not be a solution, as the devices are bulky and keep away space in the bag or in one's pockets. I read other threads, in short a 2600 mA battery is too much undersized for a phone designed to fulfill working necessities. And keeping some apps disconnected to prolong battery duration may not be a solution, if those apps are necessary. I'm kindly asking some sort of solution, thanks to anyone who can provide it

From my awesome Z30
    03-29-17 03:24 AM
    I have to agree battery drains faster than my previous Z30. Can only suggest a small powerbar for top ups or a quick charger. I still remember always carrying spare batteries for my older Blackberrys. There is also a Battery Saver mode in the settings you could try.
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-29-17 08:11 AM
    FYI... you aren't going to want to upgrade to Android Nougat... when it comes out.

If you want a solution... do a search on Google for "improving battery life with Android Marshmallow".

There are apps and features that can be turned off. There are settings that can be adjusted. Doing a Factory Reset is usually a big suggestion. There are LOTS of things that can be done... just a matter of what works best for you.
    Ethynil and zephyr613 like this.
    03-29-17 09:37 AM
    You probably have some apps running in background or settings that are affecting your battery life. You must go to the battery tab and find out what's causing this
    Ethynil likes this.
    03-29-17 11:05 AM
    I agree with the feedback that background activity is likely the cause of battery consumption. When I did a survey of which apps were draining the most, I was unexpectedly surprised that it included apps I would never have thought to be power hogs.
    03-29-17 01:42 PM
    Thank you all for your kind suggestions,

I did the survey on apps, and I found out that the most active were facebook and WhatsApp, that is the commonest of them all. I do not chat up a lot with them, so I wonder how to optimize their use. As on the other phone there are the well-known problems, I have to rely on the DTEK for their use (my other phone is a Z30). I do not use group chats a lot and I correspond regularly with a few people and not throughout all the day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

From my awesome Z30
    03-30-17 07:10 AM
    Thank you all for your kind suggestions,

I did the survey on apps, and I found out that the most active were facebook and WhatsApp, that is the commonest of them all. I do not chat up a lot with them, so I wonder how to optimize their use. As on the other phone there are the well-known problems, I have to rely on the DTEK for their use (my other phone is a Z30). I do not use group chats a lot and I correspond regularly with a few people and not throughout all the day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

From my awesome Z30
    You can try and turn off background data and sync?

But if you use messaging apps a lot, even sms, in my experience - your battery will drain. Doesn't matter the phone. On android that is.

But if you just have them but not using them much, try to turn off background data

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    03-30-17 12:08 PM
    FYI... you aren't going to want to upgrade to Android Nougat... when it comes out.
    Can you elaborate on this, just need to know why.
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-30-17 03:08 PM
    Dump the stock FB app. Get the Facebook Lite apk from somewhere or try a replacement FB app from the Playstore.
    That alone should help quite a bit.
    03-30-17 06:16 PM
    post up a picture of your battery stats and screen on time. Im curious how good your battery really is
    03-30-17 07:20 PM
    post up a picture of your battery stats and screen on time. Im curious how good your battery really is
    Here you are, the text is in Italian, but charts are quite clear. This at 14:18 CET, after six hours use
    Attached Thumbnails Unacceptable battery drain in such a smartphone-screenshot_20170331-141715.jpg  
    03-31-17 08:19 AM
    And this is the battery chart, to provide further help
    Attached Thumbnails Unacceptable battery drain in such a smartphone-screenshot_20170331-141710.jpg  
    03-31-17 08:23 AM
    And this is the battery chart, to provide further help
    Some other app that relies on Google play services appears to be the source of the problem. My Moto G4 is current at 0%, so I'd check what is integrated (example attached) and try disabling some to experiment. It is possible that some data replication can't complete for some reason, like in your contacts, but it just keeps retrying.

04-01-17 01:03 PM
    Some other app that relies on Google play services appears to be the source of the problem. My Moto G4 is current at 0%, so I'd check what is integrated (example attached) and try disabling some to experiment. It is possible that some data replication can't complete for some reason, like in your contacts, but it just keeps retrying.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4e50bfc9e1.jpg
    I appreciate your kind suggestion, as a matter of fact some of those fuctions have been already disabled, i.e. location (hoping not to be localized... But I know this is just a wish). Now I am monitoring what happens, so as to decide which app can be disabled and which has to be maintained, instead.
    04-01-17 01:42 PM
    I appreciate your kind suggestion, as a matter of fact some of those fuctions have been already disabled, i.e. location (hoping not to be localized... But I know this is just a wish). Now I am monitoring what happens, so as to decide which app can be disabled and which has to be maintained, instead.
    Ti consiglio di cancellare l'app di FB e usare uno shortcut dal browser. It helps a lot. With reference to the messages from messenger, you can always use FB Metal.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 10:21 AM