I inserted a UHS-l Sandisk 64GB card into my DTEK50 and tried to format it as internal memory. I got the warning that the memory card seems to be slow and I should consider switching to a faster card. ( The card package shows Speed up to 48 MB/s). I can not find anywhere if DTEK50 supports and can take advantage of a UHS-3 card. If anybody has experience with it please let me know.

Thanks

\
    08-29-16 04:59 PM
    if it says it's too slow to be used as device memory then it probably won't be used. WHy would you buy one if you didn't check to see if it would work to begin with??
    08-29-16 06:52 PM
    I inserted a UHS-l Sandisk 64GB card into my DTEK50 and tried to format it as internal memory. I got the warning that the memory card seems to be slow and I should consider switching to a faster card. ( The card package shows Speed up to 48 MB/s). I can not find anywhere if DTEK50 supports and can take advantage of a UHS-3 card. If anybody has experience with it please let me know.

Thanks

\
    Your card is indeed to slow. You need a card with a read speed of 80-90mb/sec. I have a 128 GB Samsung EVO Select (80mb/sec) UHS-1 and it runs fine as internal memory. Remember this is internal memory we're talking about here. Get the fastest card you can get!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-16 07:54 PM

Thanks

\
    My Class 10 UHS-1 card gave the same error. I was advised to go ahead. It works just FINE. UHS-3 is faster because they are built for 4K video recording. We are not shooting 4K with this and rarely get fast streams like that.
    I don't see any stuttering from apps stored or that have data on the SD.
    08-29-16 08:25 PM
    My Class 10 UHS-1 card gave the same error. I was advised to go ahead. It works just FINE. UHS-3 is faster because they are built for 4K video recording. We are not shooting 4K with this and rarely get fast streams like that.
    I don't see any stuttering from apps stored or that have data on the SD.
    I'm not even sure the DTEK50 has the second row of pins needed to support the U3 spec.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-16 08:37 PM