Hi all,

Woke just bought the Dtek50 and am going the transfer process now.

Any tips or suggestions to make it as clean and simple as possible?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:21 PM
    Any tips or suggestions to make it as clean and simple as possible?
    Just set it up. Don't move anything but your media files. That's as clean and simple as possible and if you use a modern email service, chances are your contacts will move with you anyway.
    02-27-17 09:41 PM
    Thanks Blaze, what about my wife's BBM contacts, messages etc?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:42 PM
    Thanks Blaze, what about my wife's BBM contacts, messages etc?

Posted via CB10
    Your BBM contacts will move anyway as they are controlled by your BBID. As for your messages, you asked for a clean and simple way, not 'how do I transfer all the crap I'm probably never going to need again'. In any case, you can try using the built-in BlackBerry Content Transfer app, but really it just makes things messy. Maybe I'm a rare breed, but I have never moved anything from device to device other than my media card and I lived perfectly fine lol.
    02-27-17 09:47 PM
    'how do I transfer all the crap I'm probably never going to need again'.
    Isn't that the truth!? I suppose there are times when "conversations" need to be kept but all too often people "hoard" words like their lives depended on them.
    02-27-17 09:56 PM
    Haha. Very true. Have to just convince the boss!

The Dtek50 looks like a nice phone so far. Not the BB10 experience but good experience thus far.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:58 PM
    So far so good.

Question...calendar events didn't seem to transfer. How do I go about doing that?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 05:41 AM
    So far so good.

Question...calendar events didn't seem to transfer. How do I go about doing that?

Posted via CB10
    When you add your email accounts to the hub that should populate your calendar events
    02-28-17 05:44 AM
    When you add your email accounts to the hub that should populate your calendar events
    I think it depends on your settings. I'm sure I've seen a setting where it only brings over future ones. Also with the email set it to only bring messages from the last 30days to stop it pulling everything in.

I find using a cloud storage service ( Dropbox) for files and my contacts and calender synced with outlook is pretty much all I need on a new phone. Otherwise you end up feeling like it's not a new phone and full of crap again

Setting everything else up is part of the buzz of having a new device and discovering the features imo

A trick I can't take credit for Conite showed me was to change the settings for the display which makes the dtek50 menus a lot snappier. Go into the settings and tap "about Phone". About four times, this gives you a " developer" menu. Change all three animation settings to 0.5 and make sure you don't Knock developer mode off or it will default back to original.

Certainly worked for me. Transferring from Leap to Dtek50 - advice?-notable-00018.jpg
    02-28-17 03:44 PM
    Thanks for that.

Another question...how do I best use the memory card my wife had in her Leap? I see there are two options or settings for the card. Primary use is to save pics and vids of the kids, nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 06:23 PM
    One of the downsides of the dtek50 I think you'll find is the 16gb internal memory is going to use up pretty quick.

If you have anything on the card I would save that to your computer first. Also make sure the card is decrypted if it encrypted in the leap. Can only be done by the same phone then set the card up in the dtek50 as part of the phones storage rather than a separate card. That way you'll feel the benefit further down the line when you've installed a few apps. You can then install apps to the memory card rather than the device.
    Also change your settings so that vids and photo auto save to memory card even though the phone will see the card and device both as system memory.
    02-28-17 06:34 PM
    Still can't get calendar events to transfer to the Dtek, nor can I get all of my wife's contacts to transfer over.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 08:49 PM
    Thanks for that.

Another question...how do I best use the memory card my wife had in her Leap? I see there are two options or settings for the card. Primary use is to save pics and vids of the kids, nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    Set it up as portable storage. That allows you to move it between devices. If you set it up as adoptable it essentially becomes your device memory and can't be used in other devices without being formated. Also, depending on the card type and speed, using adoptable could lead to Lag so i would leave it as portable storage. When you open the camera after you put the card in, it will ask if you want to save photos to SD card.
    02-28-17 10:21 PM
    Still can't get calendar events to transfer to the Dtek, nor can I get all of my wife's contacts to transfer over.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    When you set up your email account, it should have a calendar synch option make sure you didn't uncheck that. Delete the account from the hub and set it up again.

As for contacts, a couple options. You could send them over by Bluetooth or NFC but the easiest way would be to go into contact on your leap, Export them to SD card. They will be saved a a vcf file. Once you move the sd card to the Dtek and set it up as portable storage, go into the contacts app and click import in settings and import that vcf file.
    02-28-17 10:23 PM
    His calendar items might be native in the bb10 leap. If so, you need to use the bb transfer ap. the ap has worked well for me. It also worked well in stransfering SMS message history .

I couldn't get bbm message history to transfer. I would very much like to know how to transfer bbm message history.

I went from z30 to dtek50
    03-04-17 07:44 AM