OK, seeings as the Dtek50 is borked, and refuses to connect to any networks, (sim not detected, or.. technical problem, despite the sim(s) (tried 2 different ones) both work in another phone) I have dug out an old android phone (marshmallow) and want to transfer the files to this from the Dtek50. (contacts, notes, tasks etc.) Can I just use the content transfer on the Dtek to do this, if so, where do I get the app for the non BB phone? There's nothing on the playstore as far as I can see...
    05-12-20 03:17 PM
    OK, seeings as the Dtek50 is borked, and refuses to connect to any networks, (sim not detected, or.. technical problem, despite the sim(s) (tried 2 different ones) both work in another phone) I have dug out an old android phone (marshmallow) and want to transfer the files to this from the Dtek50. (contacts, notes, tasks etc.) Can I just use the content transfer on the Dtek to do this, if so, where do I get the app for the non BB phone? There's nothing on the playstore as far as I can see...
    Google backup takes care of most things. Put your docs and media on an SD card.

Have you tried the autoloader again to ressurect your DTEK50?
    Last edited by conite; 05-12-20 at 05:07 PM.
    05-12-20 04:42 PM
    Google backup takes care of most things. Put your docs and media on an SD card.

Have you tried the autoloader again to ressurect your DTEK50?
    [IMG=540x810]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200512/a7774bc9c7f41440c71130bc4ba8a8b1.jpg[/url]
    Sadly the list that Google Drive saves, doesn't include notes or tasks (the 2 I most need to save!! ) And it also appears that there is no way to save them to the SD card, (looked,and tried all the options but no luck..) Contacts I've just copied to the Sim card itself, that's easy, and the photos and videos are in my Google account anyway, its them notes & tasks. (really don't want to write them all out by hand on paper, and then have to re-enter them again...)
    Re the autoloader, don't want to do that until I have got the tasks/notes, etc safely copied/backed up somewhere, as autoloader wipes the lot )
    Not too sure that will solve the problem though, as have had the same problem with my Z10 recently, and the autoloader wont fix that either, I think its a hardware failure somewhere in the mainboard...
    05-13-20 05:49 AM
    Sadly the list that Google Drive saves, doesn't include notes or tasks (the 2 I most need to save!! ) And it also appears that there is no way to save them to the SD card, (looked,and tried all the options but no luck..) Contacts I've just copied to the Sim card itself, that's easy, and the photos and videos are in my Google account anyway, its them notes & tasks. (really don't want to write them all out by hand on paper, and then have to re-enter them again...)
    Re the autoloader, don't want to do that until I have got the tasks/notes, etc safely copied/backed up somewhere, as autoloader wipes the lot )
    Not too sure that will solve the problem though, as have had the same problem with my Z10 recently, and the autoloader wont fix that either, I think its a hardware failure somewhere in the mainboard...
    Unfortunately, Notes and Tasks are only useful if you have an exchange account and therefore can sync them to the cloud. But I guess you have already discovered that.

I'm not aware of any other way to back them up.
    05-13-20 08:36 AM
    Contacts I've just copied to the Sim card itself, that's easy
    SIMs are very, VERY limited on what they can save as "contacts" - just a name and a phone number, and limited to only about 100. That tech was developed 25 years ago when those limits weren't seen as overly limiting. LOL. Anyway, I *strongly* recommend that you sync your contacts to a cloud account (Google/Gmail or Microsoft/Outlook), which will hold ALL of your contact data and will constantly be backing it up for you. I would avoid saving anything to the SIM or to the phone itself (aka "local" contacts), as the former is so limited and the latter isn't backed up at all.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-27-20 02:59 PM