So i got the wifi file transfer pro software to pull data from the phone to my pc but how do I get files from my pc onto the phone? Another app?
    When I try to drag drop a file into my phone directory it just says that that directory is not writeable and opens the file on the pc instead...
    08-23-16 06:00 PM
    you need to move the files to a folder on your DEVICE MEMORY. you can't just drop it wherever you want. Download folder is usually where everything goes and then you move it around after on your phone
    08-23-16 06:07 PM
    Use Solid Explorer in your device and set up a LAN drive.
    jas1978 likes this.
    08-23-16 06:13 PM
    Use Solid Explorer in your device and set up a LAN drive.
    Is this the File manager you recommend for Android?

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    08-23-16 06:28 PM
    Thank you for the reminder your a GEM!
    Since this is such a CLUSTER F***
    I essentially have to go to the downloads folder on my pc then select a file to upload to the phones internal memory from which I then must use the phone to copy it to my sd card(can't do this directly from the pc program)
    Is there an easy way I can make an icon on my home screen as the download folder on the phone so I can easily transfer things that I dump there to my sd card?

What is hilarous is that I really thought going to android would solve all these extra screw around steps that I was used to playing around with for BB10 sideloading LOL
    you need to move the files to a folder on your DEVICE MEMORY. you can't just drop it wherever you want. Download folder is usually where everything goes and then you move it around after on your phone
    08-23-16 06:38 PM
    Is this the File manager you recommend for Android?

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Absolutely.
    08-23-16 06:43 PM
    Absolutely.
    Thank you. The other recommended was File Manager. I value your input so any pros and cons between the two?

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-16 12:32 AM
    Thank you. The other recommended was File Manager. I value your input so any pros and cons between the two?

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    You'll have to try it. I just find the layout very clean. It also can split screen for moving files, and supports a long list of cloud support.
    08-24-16 06:21 AM
    On other android phones (I do not own the DTEK50 yet) I use an app called Airdroid for wifi file transfers to/from the PC. No setups or anything, it just works...
    Last edited by Pablo Dartnell; 08-24-16 at 06:55 AM. Reason: typo
    bruce73 and duckduke like this.
    08-24-16 06:54 AM
    I was pretty happy with Link to transfer files from PC to BB10 and vice versa. Glad I happened upon this thread and a "thanks" to the one who recommended Solid Explorer. Now my Android experience is getting closer to my BB10 experience as far as getting work done.

Solid Explorer was easy to set up. It gives you some time to try it out for free, but I quickly bought it. Nice and clean layout, too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-16 09:12 PM