I' trying to transfer 200+ MP3 files from my desktop to my new DTek50.

I plugged the DTek50 into the win7 pc using the USB cable provided. I got an error saying that the "Driver Installation was unsuccessful", specifically:

Device Driver software was not successfully installed
    __________________________________________________ ___

Blackberry X No driver found

Anyone know what's wrong or how to fix this?

Thanks.

PS. I'm a new member to Crackberry forums after buying DTek50. If this issue has already been covered my apologies.
    04-28-17 03:27 PM
    Does anything pop up on your phone... allowing you the change how the USB connection is treated?

Assume you rebooted both devices...?

First taught would be to skip the USB connection and use either Google Drive or OneDrive... Install on your PC and move the files into the drive folder.
    04-28-17 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, transfer via cloud worked fine and all 300+ MP3's are now on my Dtek.

I'm still a bit concerned about why the USB transfer wouldn't work though?

If no one else has had this problem maybe it is my platform/environment? So just to ask the question one last time....has anyone had the same problem as I've described above?
    05-02-17 07:26 AM
    ... I'm still a bit concerned about why the USB transfer wouldn't work though?
    You didn't mention it, but I assume you switched form Charging Only to File Transfer Mode after you connected to your PC.
    05-03-17 10:43 PM
    Good question....I didn't switch anything either on the Dtek50 or my desktop...so the answer is probably No........how would I switch to File Transfer Mode....and is that on the Dtek50, my desktop or both?

Thanks for your help.
    05-04-17 01:11 PM
    Good question....I didn't switch anything either on the Dtek50 or my desktop...so the answer is probably No........how would I switch to File Transfer Mode....and is that on the Dtek50, my desktop or both?

Thanks for your help.
    You switch to File Transfer Mode on your phone. Upon connecting via USB to your computer you should see on your phone's notification bar the option to switch connection modes.

So plug in then pull down from the top of your phone's screen.
    05-04-17 01:28 PM
    I either didn't see the notification bar the first time (more likely) or it wasn't there. Either way I've copied a few files over from the desktop to the DTek and it worked. Thanks again!!
    05-04-17 02:45 PM