Probably something to that. I bet it's because of Nougat. Probably pooling resources to push it out faster
    I'd be amazed if DTEK 50 gets Nougat at all.
    01-06-17 01:27 AM
    I'd be amazed if DTEK 50 gets Nougat at all.
    The DTEK50 was released July 26th, 2016.

Quoted from Blackberry's site itself:
    Updating the Security of Your Device - Long After You Purchase it

Many popular smartphones put the user’s private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates. BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches. Other smartphones can take weeks, months or even years to deliver security patches, leaving you vulnerable and at risk. So even though you can’t see it, know that extra precautions are taken at both the hardware and software level to protect the DTEK series from malicious tampering.
    If they leave the DTEK50 behind, their first DTEK sub-branded phone and the first one to be offered by Carriers, and the most likely to be used for corporate roll-outs - it will be the nail in the coffin for them.
    01-06-17 09:46 AM
    Yeah they pretty much lied to our faces when it comes to timely security updates on the '50.
    Wmsi likes this.
    01-06-17 09:56 AM
    Another pointless promise, brazenly broken.
    Wmsi likes this.
    01-06-17 10:27 AM

If they leave the DTEK50 behind, their first DTEK sub-branded phone and the first one to be offered by Carriers, and the most likely to be used for corporate roll-outs - it will be the nail in the coffin for them.
    My DTEK 50 is already "weeks" and "months" behind in security patches. So much for "other smartphones".
    01-06-17 10:29 AM

The first one to be used for corporate roll-outs - in fact that is exactly how they marketed the phone. They kept using the word "fleet device" and "enterprise". They also kept focusing on security.

Maybe there is a difference in perception as to what people consider "leaving behind" - in my view, they've already left the dtek50 behind.

It will not be a shock if they cannot get nougat on it - they cannot even get security patches on time for it.

#whatisclassic
    Matt J likes this.
    01-06-17 10:55 AM
    Well I am here to say that I am still on October security Update. This is bullcrap and extremely dissappointing. Seems that BB screwed the pooch yet again. This is an unlocked shopbb Dtek50 on Fido. I keep checking update on phone, with LTE, WIFI, SIMless WIFI. Nothing. And I too don't use google services and have most of those disabled and removed and don't want to go the autoloader restart from scarch root.

This sucks.
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    01-06-17 04:03 PM
    Well I am here to say that I am still on October security Update. This is bullcrap and extremely dissappointing. Seems that BB screwed the pooch yet again. This is an unlocked shopbb Dtek50 on Fido. I keep checking update on phone, with LTE, WIFI, SIMless WIFI. Nothing. And I too don't use google services and have most of those disabled and removed and don't want to go the autoloader restart from scarch root.

This sucks.
    Yeah I'm in the exact same boat except using Rogers for service on a shop BlackBerry unit. I don't use google backup services so having to autoloader and / or factory reset is a huge pita.
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    01-06-17 05:29 PM

This sucks.
    Same issue being stuck on the October security update with an Amazon purchased DTEK50 on the Rogers network. I called BlackBerry technical support to at least make them aware of the problem, but am skeptical they will do anything to resolve it. In the meantime I inserted another carrier's SIM (Wind/Freedom) and it at least brought me to the November update.
    01-08-17 09:58 AM
    Same issue being stuck on the October security update with an Amazon purchased DTEK50 on the Rogers network. I called BlackBerry technical support to at least make them aware of the problem, but am skeptical they will do anything to resolve it. In the meantime I inserted another carrier's SIM (Wind/Freedom) and it at least brought me to the November update.
    Same here, on Rogers but they don't know that as I don't have a SIM inserted and still no update.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    01-08-17 10:27 AM
    The DTEK50 autoloader available for download on Blackberry's official support page is still AAH990 which is the November 6, '16 update.

Blaze any idea why the DTEK50 is being treated as a second class citizen?
    01-08-17 10:37 PM
    Just received the December 5th update, so back to being 1 month behind
    01-09-17 10:49 AM
    What's the build number you received?
    01-09-17 10:59 AM
    Should be AAI482, I think.
    01-09-17 11:01 AM
    What's the build number you received?
    AAI482
    01-09-17 11:32 AM
    Are you enrolled in the Beta program? Autoloader support page is still showing the old build version.
    01-09-17 01:14 PM
    Are you enrolled in the Beta program? Autoloader support page is still showing the old build version.
    The AutoLoader page from BB is NOT necessarily updated as quickly as new releases officially come out. Hence, it is not useful as a source of information concerning what is "the most recent" build available.
    01-09-17 02:43 PM
    No, just a normal phone, no betas or strangeness at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 03:05 PM
    Lol

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    01-10-17 03:23 AM
    Just got the December update this morning on three of our DTEK50s purchased from BlackBerry on black Friday. The 4th purchased from Amazon in mid November still hasn't received the update.
    01-12-17 06:59 AM
    Just got the December update this morning on three of our DTEK50s purchased from BlackBerry on black Friday. The 4th purchased from Amazon in mid November still hasn't received the update.
    Curious, what country / carrier?
    01-12-17 07:29 AM
    Received the Dec update (build AA1482) yesterday. DTEK50 purchased from shopblackberry. Carrier Bell Canada.
    01-12-17 01:15 PM
    Dec update (build AA1482) downloaded 49.1 MB. this morning on 2 DTEK50's in U.S. purchased from ShopBB.com
    01-12-17 01:34 PM
    Dec update (build AA1482) downloaded 49.1 MB. this morning on 2 DTEK50's in U.S. purchased from ShopBB.com
    I'm in Canada. I checked for updates yesterday and got the same. My phone works... that's all I care about. Oh, and Spotify. ;P
    Ethynil likes this.
    01-12-17 01:47 PM
    I got the update notice yesterday too. I haven't actually installed yet. Unlocked Shop BB unit on Rogers in Ontario.
    01-12-17 05:39 PM
259 ... 56789 ...