I logged a ticket with Blackberry Tech support asking why I was on an old build (AAH108) with Oct 5th. security patch. I mean given all their "zero day patching" talk I thought 6 weeks overdue was a little much. I'm using an unlocked Shop Blackberry unit on Rogers in Ontario. They took my information and said they would get back to me in 24-48 hours ... Blackberry time.
    I also did this, and got a useless reply blaming it on the carrier, even though I mentioned a few times that I purchased it unlocked frome them.
    12-15-16 03:51 AM
    I logged a ticket with Blackberry Tech support asking why I was on an old build (AAH108) with Oct 5th. security patch. I mean given all their "zero day patching" talk I thought 6 weeks overdue was a little much. I'm using an unlocked Shop Blackberry unit on Rogers in Ontario. They took my information and said they would get back to me in 24-48 hours ... Blackberry time.
    I'm right there with you too tjs. ShopBB phone and STILL on October update on Rogers in Ontario. I did some digging and went to the Rogers support page re:software updates and for the Dtek50 it was blank .. meaning no firm date for OTA update. Who knows when we'll get it.

Also..and take this with a huge grain of salt.. that something could be coming on/around Dec. 17. Just a rumor I read.

My take.. I think the update will come but not until the end of December.
    12-15-16 10:15 AM
    The update has been Chenned!! LoL!!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 01:09 PM
    I also did this, and got a useless reply blaming it on the carrier, even though I mentioned a few times that I purchased it unlocked frome them.
    Same here. Last night a week after I logged a request they got back to me with their 24-48 hour reply. I needed to remove my SIM, restart the phone, and then I could get the update. I told them again it was a direct Shop BlackBerry unlocked purchase and that this has never been the case previous. I did it just to prove them wrong. Restarted and checked without a SIM in and no update. Did the procedure twice actually.

Someone is either stupid or full of crap. It could be me but all indications are it is the tech support person. Since when did the carrier impact updates on a direct Shop BlackBerry purchase. Didn't work regardless.

I told them I did it and it still didn't work. Waiting for their response. I'm sure I will get it in their "24-48" hour window.

OMG how the mighty have fallen. I didn't realize how far till now.
    12-22-16 12:04 PM
    My wife is also still on the October update and is locked to Rogers Canada. So much for the "Most Secure Android Smartphone". If BlackBerry is going to be a "software company" and tout it "security", it has to deliver.
    12-23-16 07:53 AM
    My wife is also still on the October update and is locked to Rogers Canada. So much for the "Most Secure Android Smartphone". If BlackBerry is going to be a "software company" and tout it "security", it has to deliver.
    That's right - I honestly wouldn't give a damn at this point if they exit hardware in full (ie. No licensee's).

They're focused on software yet can't even deliver on it loll

I feel bad for TCL they're going to regret their business decision.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-23-16 08:53 AM
    How do you know that your wife's phone is 'locked' to Rogers? Curious.
    12-25-16 11:56 PM
    How do you know that your wife's phone is 'locked' to Rogers? Curious.
    Because we bought it from Rogers.
    12-26-16 04:07 AM
    Same here. Last night a week after I logged a request they got back to me with their 24-48 hour reply. I needed to remove my SIM, restart the phone, and then I could get the update. I told them again it was a direct Shop BlackBerry unlocked purchase and that this has never been the case previous. I did it just to prove them wrong. Restarted and checked without a SIM in and no update. Did the procedure twice actually.

Someone is either stupid or full of crap. It could be me but all indications are it is the tech support person. Since when did the carrier impact updates on a direct Shop BlackBerry purchase. Didn't work regardless.

I told them I did it and it still didn't work. Waiting for their response. I'm sure I will get it in their "24-48" hour window.

OMG how the mighty have fallen. I didn't realize how far till now.
    That worked for me before. I wasn't getting one with virgin mobile. Turned off the phone, removed sim, started the phone and it showed up. That was for the October update. not sure why it got hung up but that helped the one time. After that i always got the updates as scheduled.
    12-26-16 11:37 AM
    That worked for me before. I wasn't getting one with virgin mobile. Turned off the phone, removed sim, started the phone and it showed up. That was for the October update. not sure why it got hung up but that helped the one time. After that i always got the updates as scheduled.
    You probably did not receive updates as scheduled loll

Because after that, no one got their updates for November until December.

So for anyone reading and worrying, don't worry - there has been no December update for your dtek50 yet.

If you received an update in December and the patch says November, that's normal.

Everyone is on the same schedule of your phone was factory unlocked from BlackBerry.
    12-28-16 06:53 AM
    Still nothing here either - stuck on Oct patch. Yanked out SIM tried, nothing. Maybe BlackBerry not aggressively pushing out updates pending Nougat upgrade.
    12-28-16 10:00 AM
    Still nothing here either - stuck on Oct patch. Yanked out SIM tried, nothing. Maybe BlackBerry not aggressively pushing out updates pending Nougat upgrade.
    You did try manually checking for the November patch at Settings >About Phone >System Updates>Check for Updates?
    12-28-16 10:32 AM
    Because we bought it from Rogers.
    Doesn't mean it's locked to Rogers. Still waiting for someone who paid to have their Rogers bought DTEK50 unlocked, or someone in the know to say one way or the other.
    12-28-16 01:46 PM
    That is weird, I'm from Romania and I got the update (6 November) the moment I inserted the sim card and started up the phone for the first time (2 weeks ago).
    It is factory unlocked and I use a prepaid sim.
    12-28-16 02:03 PM
    Doesn't mean it's locked to Rogers. Still waiting for someone who paid to have their Rogers bought DTEK50 unlocked, or someone in the know to say one way or the other.
    Of course it means it's locked to Rogers. Carriers sell phones that are locked to their system.
    12-28-16 02:04 PM
    What is your carrier and location. Where did you buy your unit.
    12-29-16 09:21 AM
    This must be a bad joke?

What happened to day zero patching?
    Its gone.
    I'm scared, the phone is not secure enough without montly security patch.
    12-29-16 11:24 AM
    Its gone.
    We are all doomed!!!
    12-29-16 02:39 PM
    Keep drinking the BlackBerry koolaid fellas
    12-29-16 08:54 PM
    Keep drinking the BlackBerry koolaid fellas
    Time to all go to Apple for more security!!
    12-30-16 01:15 AM
    Its gone.
    According to BlackBerry yes! It is not secure enough.

That's what some fail to grasp. It is what they promised and emphasize in their marketing. And they can't even deliver on it.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    12-30-16 06:20 AM
    According to BlackBerry yes! It is not secure enough.

That's what some fail to grasp. It is what they promised and emphasize in their marketing. And they can't even deliver on it.
    Have your phone ever got hijacked or something without security patch?
    12-30-16 06:58 AM
    Nah, that guy just goes to every thread to complain for no reason.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-30-16 07:49 AM
    Again, according to the executives at BlackBerry, it is not secure without the most up to date patches.

Not sure what is so difficult to understand about that
    sidtek50 likes this.
    12-30-16 04:45 PM
    I've posted in other threads that overall I am happy with my '50 that I have had for a month. I'm not happy with the lack of monthly updates which was a main marketing point for them and the fact that the other 2 models (priv and '60) are on that schedule. This certainly cheeses me a bit but I am keeping my unit for the overall experience I like. As an update to my open tech support ticket on this item.

The first couple of responses I got from Tech support were too long to reply and very amateurish and useless info. Since that more followup has been helpful and timely. I have this feeling that I am dealing with a different level of Tech support now, as if my case got escalated when it wasn't quickly resolved.
    The last thing they had me do was remove my SIM. Do a checkin on the phone with the OTA server (which was successful) and then restart and check for the update. Still didn't work.
    They are telling me that for me IMEI on an unlocked direct purchase unit I for sure should have gotten the update the day it was released. They say the last thing to do is to factory reset/reload to get the device back on track or Autoload the latest update. This seems plausible to work. At this point, I am going wait for the "December" or "January" or whatever update comes out and see if my device gets it. If not I will autoload then. I'm just not rushing to autoload because I will loose some information and have to set up my device again. I don't use Google to back up any if my stuff. I just don't like to use their services anymore than I need to.
    mike kootnikoff likes this.
    12-30-16 06:30 PM
259 ... 23456 ...