My wife has a Z10 and it works for her. She is not complaining but she has commented on some pictures her friends take or apps they use. The only reason I don't like it is when I call so often it goes right to voice mail. Not sure if it's the phone or Virgin mobility doing that. I can call any one else no problem but her phone goes straight to voice mail 80% of the time.

Guess I'm asking is a dtek 50 a good replacement to the z10. Can get them pretty nice price here now in Canada

BlackBerry = word substitution
    05-12-17 04:28 PM
    I'd say go for it. There's definitely an adjustment period, but she'll probably like it. That's what I did. A Dtek60 for myself and a Dtek50 for my better half. She loves it
    big_time2 likes this.
    05-12-17 04:41 PM
    her phone goes straight to voice mail 80% of the time.
    Can you determine why incoming calls go to voicemail?

Does she not hear the ringtone (volume too low or phone is in a purse muting the sound) Try a different ringtone or increase volume.

Can you increase the number of rings before going to voicemail?

Is your wife frequently in areas of poor coverage by Virgin? Perhaps try the SIM card in a different phone to compare reception, if you can.

Have you tried carrying your wife's phone yourself to test it's receiving capability?

The concern would be if your wife's usage habits result in circumstances whereby incoming calls are missed and go to voicemail, changing device may not solve the problem.

That being said, DTEK 50 is a terrific Android phone if you decide to get one. I have two of them.
    05-12-17 05:59 PM
    there seems to be no reason. We have excellent coverage and the phone does not even show she has a call as I never leave a message. Seems fine from any land line. I have not called virgin to see if there is a reason on their end but Im pretty sure the reply I would get. I know I am trying to find a good excuse to get her this phone. I would love to get the 60 for her but she would freak as its not a big deal for her.

thanks for replies
    05-12-17 06:58 PM
    I would go with a KEYone unless you can get a Dtek50 for really really cheap.
    05-12-17 07:01 PM
    I would go with a KEYone unless you can get a Dtek50 for really really cheap.
    I would too if I could afford it. This phone is 300 shipped. pretty inexpensive in the world of phones I think. Anyway I pulled the trigger on it so it will be a bit of a decider how we like android. I am really struggling with the fact bb10 is over. My classic is still working awesome and q10 as well.
    05-12-17 07:31 PM
    Yeah, its a huge let-down for sure. You guys will adjust though.
    05-12-17 07:34 PM
    I too would be concerned if 80% of my calls to my other half went straight to voice mail. It would lead to all sorts of thinking,or maybe she just doesn't want to speak to you until you get home ,joking aside maybe it's more likely to be a network issue. Regarding the Dtek50 it's a great phone IMHO.
    05-13-17 01:03 AM
    Even I moved from. Z10, although initially had quite issues moving to android,however now quite satisfied..getting somewhat the similar z10 experience, sincerely hope she would lov dtek50.. Ofcourse, after those initially adjustments..
    05-13-17 03:46 AM
    Left field here...have you thought of using an autoloader and reinstalling the OS on her Z10? It would be a pain having to set up the phone again for sure BUT the phone probably would now run a whole lot better, it fixes the call automatically going to voicemail bug, AND you don't have to buy the wifey a new phone!

You can thank me later
    05-16-17 06:33 PM
    Left field here...have you thought of using an autoloader and reinstalling the OS on her Z10? It would be a pain having to set up the phone again for sure BUT the phone probably would now run a whole lot better, it fixes the call automatically going to voicemail bug, AND you don't have to buy the wifey a new phone!

You can thank me later
    I think your correct in this as when I gave her the z10 from the one she was using it was fine for a while then started to do same as old one. That said the dtek50 showed up today and I pretty much got it setup for her
    05-16-17 07:41 PM
    I think your correct in this as when I gave her the z10 from the one she was using it was fine for a while then started to do same as old one. That said the dtek50 showed up today and I pretty much got it setup for her
    Hope she enjoys it as much as I have mine.
    05-16-17 09:35 PM
    Once she gets used to Android she will like it.

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>
    05-21-17 07:13 PM