seems they cannot get a systems update correct without a bug. what a joke BlackBerry should be ashamed.
    12-15-17 05:33 PM
    Initially got the 'Waiting for WiFi' error and went through the steps (detailed above) to get past that. Then there were many, many failures to download and install this update. Last few failures resulted in repeated 'Verification problem' errors. So I give up. Never experienced this with earlier updates for my DTEK50. And clearly BlackBerry knows there are problems if the initial screen contains a reference to an error. I'm not at all impressed.
    12-15-17 05:43 PM
    Downgrading Google Play services solved it for me! Thx!
    12-18-17 09:06 AM
    I had the same general problem, and gave up. Then, a few minutes ago, I searched for OS updates, and it said that I was updated as of about an hour ago. But my Android version is still 6.0.1. I have a STH100-2. Confused.

Gus2013
    12-20-17 10:29 AM
    I had the same general problem, and gave up. Then, a few minutes ago, I searched for OS updates, and it said that I was updated as of about an hour ago. But my Android version is still 6.0.1. I have a STH100-2. Confused.

Gus2013
    You would still be on 6.0.1 if the update installed, it was just the December security patch. I think BlackBerry pulled the update until they can put out one that works.
    12-20-17 12:31 PM
    now my mac address and BT mac had changed on my DTEK50, don't know how from BlackBerry a4:e4:b8:xx:xx:xxx to Airgo networks 00:0a:f5:yy:yy:yy (Wi-Fi) and 00:a0:c6:zz:zz:zz (Bluetooth)
    Yesterday I was able to install the December security patches with the workaround downgrading Google play Services. And BTW my mac address and BT mac both return to its original : a4:e4:b8:xx:xx:xx... Very bizarre
    12-22-17 04:08 PM
    This worked for my wife's 50. Thanks.
    12-23-17 10:13 AM
    Hi Conite, after reading everything, I was able to download and install the update. I did actually what you said. Thank you.
    Jacksona5 12/25/17
    12-25-17 10:52 AM
    Hi Conite

I'm not able to disable Find my device. Settings app craches
    Hi Steflab,
    I had the same issue as you for weeks and I've tried everything listed in these forums and nothing worked. I had the same problem when I tried to disable Find My Device, my settings app crashes every time. I finally tried something that worked. Under Settings/Apps, I restored all App preferences. After doing this I was able to disable Find My Device and apply the update. I hope you can give this a try and it works for you too.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    12-28-17 11:42 AM
    Hi Steflab,
    I had the same issue as you for weeks and I've tried everything listed in these forums and nothing worked. I had the same problem when I tried to disable Find My Device, my settings app crashes every time. I finally tried something that worked. Under Settings/Apps, I restored all App preferences. After doing this I was able to disable Find My Device and apply the update. I hope you can give this a try and it works for you too.
    To be able to disable Find my device I had to installed the App Find my device from Google play store so then I disabled Find my device as mentionned
    12-29-17 12:46 AM
    Since I installed the december update, I'm not able to pair my DTEK50 with my car
    12-29-17 12:52 AM
    Interesting. I did not have the App Find My Device installed on my phone, but it was marked as active Administrator and that was causing my issue (why I couldn't apply the update). Very strange. I do not know much about Android. Still learning how to use this phone and wondering what phone I am going to get next......
    12-29-17 01:36 PM
    Since I installed the december update, I'm not able to pair my DTEK50 with my car
    I've noticed similar behavior with intermittent failure to connect to the cary phone / audio system. Rebooting the phone seems to correct the problem, for a while.
    12-29-17 06:05 PM
    ask conite he seems to know all and be BlackBerry can do no wrong guy.
    12-30-17 03:53 PM
    I've noticed similar behavior with intermittent failure to connect to the cary phone / audio system. Rebooting the phone seems to correct the problem, for a while.
    You may wish to consider a factory reset to clear out whatever gremlins may have accumulated on your device.
    12-30-17 04:41 PM
    I'm just not someone who gets bogged down with feeling "disrespected", by being "disgusted", or by getting "angry". I just try and solve my own problems as best I can.
    12-30-17 04:53 PM
    I've always thought of him as the "has an IQ above 50 points" guy.
    12-30-17 05:38 PM
    I've always thought of him as the "has an IQ above 50 points" guy.
    Clearly punching below my weight.
    12-30-17 05:56 PM
    thank you...it works with STV100-3 Korean variant as well...
    01-02-18 09:35 PM
    Clearly punching below my weight.
    Naw, it's all good. Like when I "fix" someone's computer or get a motor started or solve an IT issue....I'm a frekin' genius. For BlackBerry, you da go-to guy. So thank you and get over it bruh.
    01-03-18 06:04 PM
    Thanks a ton for taking the time to help conite. I was having the exact same problem as Grownup Daria.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    01-17-18 02:26 PM
    I guess I spoke too soon. I restored "google play services" to the original version, then the OS update installed, and I updated google play services. After the dust settled it seemed OK but now I get a message saying "Your account @ isabob....msn.com can't be authenticated, and another saying the password is incorrect for isabob....msn.com. I gather it has something to do with "play services" not authenticating but I'm a total noob. Help?
    Last edited by isab0bBB; 01-19-18 at 08:15 AM. Reason: changed text
    01-18-18 09:41 AM
    Just got the '50' today and I was really worried about updating after reading this thread. I finally disabled the apps as described by Conite as the download wouldn't work. And hey presto, it worked. Reinstalling Google updates... So, thanks a lot for discovering this work around. But as mentioned by others, it's unacceptable ,isn't it? Only forum geeks are going to find this, and the rest are going to be frustrated.

So, my dtek 50 journey begins.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-29-18 12:11 PM
48 12