Hi,

A couple of weeks ago there was a notification for a system update. When I tried to download it - it got stuck and since the wi-fi connection was poor, I just left it.

Then the device began behaving strangely (don't remember the specifics) + google play pushed updates for most of the android/google apps and many more apps. So I figured out something had happened (probably a new version) and tried to manually check for system updates (via settings -> about phone -> system update). That's when I found the update from a couple of weeks ago still stuck in queue. This time I was home with good wi-fi - both connection (signal) and speed. But the download would start and pause immediately, saying "waiting for wi-fi". I tried the 2.4Gh connection, the 5Gh connection - and nada - won't acknowledge that the device IS connected to wi-fi (and other apps that require wi-fi - all work as before).
    Now the notification appeared again - and again it won't recognize the wi-fi connection.

Another thing that happened, and I'm not sure whether it's connected: when I turn off and then on (or just restart) the device, it used to load the BB part of the system, then prompt for my PIN and only then load Android. Now when it loads - it goes straight to the home screen - no authentication at all (?).

Any ideas?
    Gus2013 likes this.
    12-06-17 06:06 AM
    Not a very optimistic update:
    1. reboot (both restart and complete shut down and then turning back on) didn't help, neither before nor today.
    2. Pretty much full battery (started with some 90+%, now down to 70+%)
    3. Getting closer to the router didn't help
    4. Seems that the update is also pushed by Google Play, so I configured Google play to autoupdate over cellular data, turned of wi-fi on the dtek and FINALLY managed to start the download. The progress slider seemed to... well... progress and when it reached the end - is said "Couldn't update - verification problem".
    5. Then I checked the BB account (same as the primary android account) in settings - knows who I am, syncs regularly (bb hub etc.).

6. Finally, went to www.blackberry.com/bbsirt (needless to say - the link from the update screen doesn't work, had to type the url manually) and found out that there was an Android security update issued on Nov. 8 and that in the device's settings under Android Security Patch Level it should be Nov 6. MY device shows Sept. 5 - All these patches were not installed - and something prevents them from being installed (this is the part that worries me most).

Anyone? Please?
    12-06-17 10:16 AM
    Have you tried clearing cache (Settings -> Storage -> Cache) and rebooting?
    mindedge likes this.
    12-06-17 11:38 AM
    Restore Google Play Services to original version, apply OS update, update Google Play Services.
    mindedge and isab0bBB like this.
    12-06-17 11:45 AM
    Will this work on my STH 100 -2 Indian variant
    12-06-17 01:14 PM
    Will this work on my STH 100 -2 Indian variant
    If this is the issue you are having, then yes.
    12-06-17 01:25 PM
    Have you tried clearing cache (Settings -> Storage -> Cache) and rebooting?

ALL cache? Of the whole device?
    ystyberry likes this.
    12-06-17 01:55 PM
    Restore Google Play Services to original version, apply OS update, update Google Play Services.
    Where can I find the restore option? I only have "disable" and "force stop", both un-clickable.
    12-06-17 01:58 PM
    Where can I find the restore option? I only have "disable" and "force stop", both un-clickable.
    "Uninstall updates"
    Last edited by conite; 12-06-17 at 02:15 PM.
    12-06-17 02:03 PM
    ALL cache? Of the whole device?
    Clearing cache won't help.
    12-06-17 02:04 PM
    Disable. You will then be asked if you wish to revert to original version.
    I can't tap on it. It's disabled.
    12-06-17 02:12 PM
    I can't tap on it. It's disabled.
    Select 3 dots at top right and select uninstall updates.

If it gives you grief, you probably have to disable Find My Device first.
    12-06-17 02:14 PM

OMG! It seems that it worked! Installing now. Will post an update.
    12-06-17 02:28 PM
    @conite It DID work! Now I have the Nov. security patch. THANK YOU!
    Re the update of Google Play Services - in Settings - Apps - Google play services now I can only "force stop" or "disable" and I don't have the 3 dots. So I can update it only when google play pushes it to my device?
    12-06-17 03:11 PM
    @conite It DID work! Now I have the Nov. security patch. THANK YOU!
    Re the update of Google Play Services - in Settings - Apps - Google play services now I can only "force stop" or "disable" and I don't have the 3 dots. So I can update it only when google play pushes it to my device?
    Figured it out myself. Some apps couldn't update without updating play services first, so when I tapped on one of these notifications it sent me to google play for update.

Thanks again!
    12-06-17 03:22 PM
    Thanks a lot, it worked
    12-06-17 09:37 PM
    I've been trying to figure this out for so long posted few threads in here and no one helped me ! Thanks , updating now
    12-08-17 11:56 PM
    Dtek60 is my backup phone and I've had this issue for over a week. Thanks to Conite, it's updating now.
    12-09-17 01:22 AM
    My Dtek60 was also not downloading the update so I followed @conite's instructions and it worked but during installation an error screen appeared. Then it went to "Blackberry BootLoader Menu" and won't do anything else. How can I get my phone back?
    12-13-17 10:11 AM
    My Dtek60 was also not downloading the update so I followed @conite's instructions and it worked but during installation an error screen appeared. Then it went to "Blackberry BootLoader Menu" and won't do anything else. How can I get my phone back?
    That's an unrelated issue, and it's not a good one.

Because BlackBerry hasn't posted a recent enough autoloader, recovery is not possible. If it won't boot when selected, you will have to return it for repair.
    12-13-17 11:04 AM
    Thank you conite, that was the outcome with Blackberry support also. Unfortunately no miracle fix.
    12-13-17 05:43 PM

Hi Conite

I'm not able to disable Find my device. Settings app craches
    Last edited by StefLab; 12-15-17 at 11:01 AM.
    12-15-17 10:46 AM
    now my mac address and BT mac had changed on my DTEK50, don't know how from BlackBerry a4:e4:b8:xx:xx:xxx to Airgo networks 00:0a:f5:yy:yy:yy (Wi-Fi) and 00:a0:c6:zz:zz:zz (Bluetooth)
    Last edited by StefLab; 12-15-17 at 01:09 PM.
    12-15-17 12:46 PM
    i did this and the update (phone of my wife) did load, but in the end it did not install the update becauso of some Update Check Error.

Don't know what to do now....
    12-15-17 02:19 PM
    did all that and it could not verify
    12-15-17 05:29 PM
48 12