Today my wife's phone started with the almost full notification. Says 15.65 gb used. We have added nothing to it and all pictures and any apps that are allowed are on SD card. Even when going through apps there really is none there I can delete. Most came with phone. BBM, textra which is only really big one. Not sure what to do. Deleted everthing I can. No games. Got rid of some apps that we had but seldom used. Have not added an app for months. I'm so frustrated with devices that supposedly has 16gb and really can nothing. I have same issue with a Samsung tablet I have. Like my classic with no apps to tempt me

Posted via CB10
    03-24-18 08:24 PM
    Factory reset it. Seems as though something is gumming up the works if all is as you say it is.
    03-24-18 09:13 PM
    Kind of what I expected as a solution. Little leary on the backup restore part. I see it as an option but hope it won't restore whatever is corrupt. I still have nightmares from issues with bb10 and restores.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-18 08:16 AM
    One more question. I did the reset and it's doing its thing. Is it good to use the SD card as internal storage? Will this actually extend the phone storage as it says? Right now there is a really limited amount of apps that can be run on the SD card

Posted via CB10
    03-26-18 08:54 AM
    Just my opinion but I won't use SD as internal storage. Have heard too many stories about issues.
    03-26-18 11:15 AM
    don't used external SD as internal storage,phone will causing lagging .
    03-27-18 02:13 AM
    My wife and I both have the DTEK50 - same issue - been fighting it for a couple months now. I've deleted almost every app from my phone to free up space, there's not much functionality left. I had 3 email accounts on it before, now just one. And it quickly comes back up to the 15.5gb used level. Something has to be chewing up this space. Leftovers from OS upgrades maybe?
    04-26-18 09:24 AM
    The reset to factory worked. Bit of time to put few apps back but all good for now

Posted via CB10
    04-26-18 09:43 AM
    Today my wife's phone started with the almost full notification. Says 15.65 gb used. We have added nothing to it and all pictures and any apps that are allowed are on SD card. Even when going through apps there really is none there I can delete. Most came with phone. BBM, textra which is only really big one. Not sure what to do. Deleted everthing I can. No games. Got rid of some apps that we had but seldom used. Have not added an app for months. I'm so frustrated with devices that supposedly has 16gb and really can nothing. I have same issue with a Samsung tablet I have. Like my classic with no apps to tempt me

Posted via CB10
    Internal 16GB storage is can't handling basic operation apps and OS .I estimated have 58 apps include photos ,apps, and operation system total 12.48GB.

I had cut down some apps and deleted some sent items( in apps) storage. It seems that 16GB storage can't meet in near future smart phone market, higher operating software, higher features apps will exceed 16GB storage.*Apple is no longer use 16GB storage's iPhone .
    04-28-18 10:42 PM
    Internal 16GB storage is can't handling basic operation apps and OS .I estimated have 58 apps include photos ,apps, and operation system total 12.48GB.

I had cut down some apps and deleted some sent items( in apps) storage. It seems that 16GB storage can't meet in near future smart phone market, higher operating software, higher features apps will exceed 16GB storage.*Apple is no longer use 16GB storage's iPhone .
    Neither do BlackBerry licensee OEMs now. The DTEK50 was the last 16GB
    04-29-18 08:44 AM
    Beware of all those "free" apps that seem appealing and useful but more often can become unnecessary aggravation. There are really no free (but AD-full) apps out there. App developers and phone manufacturers simply need to make money and big profits too! If you don't buy their apps and higher-end phones, then you'll probably have to put up with and suffer performance pains with low-end / low-cost ones such as the DTEK50.

Quite frankly, I think that the DTEK50 is a fairly good, entry-level to Android from BlackBerry, basic phone for light mobile use. However, with only 16GB of internal storage, it lacks not just memory space but also processing power to run many apps, especially the free ones with bloatware (ads, weak programmming codes, etc.).

Also, don't use your external SD card to boost or emulate internal storage, since you may regret it as happened to me recently. It proved to be only a quick but temporary and disastrous fix. Not only performance is affected but the likelihood of a totally crashed and unrecoverable SD card with loss of all data stored on it. My first experience was when it happened to a friend of mine and I thought it was probably a little freak accident that I could help fix but without any success. Then later when it actually happened to me, I really felt that agonizing pain of sudden, unexpected and unrecoverable data loss on a 64GB card.

BlackBerry also found out too, quite disastrously, why it doesn't make money sense manufacturing cheap phones. It's not only unprofitable and unpopular but also a quick slide to becoming obsolete. The phone brand has become forever tarnished and not even the production of better, more expensive versions seem able to restore image and profitability. They have since, almost quietly so, left that hardware business for others to manage. Apple has always been wiser and smarter with greater success. They made fewer but more improved versions of almost the same phone. Samsung, on the other hand, has huge sums of money to burn into both hardware and software. They are able to exploit and sway consumers with all the new, expensive as well as cheap styles and features, often of small or unnecessary user value.
    Last edited by Winstorm; 05-26-18 at 01:00 PM.
    05-26-18 10:01 AM
    Beware of all those "free" apps that seem appealing and useful but more often can become unnecessary aggravation. There are really no free (but AD-full) apps out there. App developers and phone manufacturers simply need to make money and big profits too! If you don't buy their apps and higher-end phones, then you'll probably have to put up with and suffer performance pains with low-end / low-cost ones such as the DTEK50.

Quite frankly, I think that the DTEK50 is a fairly good, entry-level to Android from BlackBerry, basic phone for light mobile use. However, with only 16GB of internal storage, it lacks not just memory space but also processing power to run many apps, especially the free ones with bloatware (ads, weak programmming codes, etc.).

Also, don't use your external SD card to boost or emulate internal storage, since you may regret it as happened to me recently. It proved to be only a quick but temporary and disastrous fix. Not only performance is affected but the likelihood of a totally crashed and unrecoverable SD card with loss of all data stored on it. My first experience was when it happened to a friend of mine and I thought it was probably a little freak accident that I could help fix but without any success. Then later when it actually happened to me, I really felt that agonizing pain of sudden, unexpected and unrecoverable data loss on a 64GB card.

BlackBerry also found out too, quite disastrously, why it doesn't make money sense manufacturing cheap phones. It's not only unprofitable and unpopular but also a quick slide to becoming obsolete. The phone brand has become forever tarnished and not even the production of better, more expensive versions seem able to restore image and profitability. They have since, almost quietly so, left that hardware business for others to manage. Apple has always been wiser and smarter with greater success. They made fewer but more improved versions of almost the same phone. Samsung, on the other hand, has huge sums of money to burn into both hardware and software. They are able to exploit and sway consumers with all the new, expensive as well as cheap styles and features, often of small or unnecessary user value.
    Lucky for us, BBMo/TCL is already selling 3/32 and 4/64 devices with the soon to be announced new devices with even higher specs.
    05-26-18 01:34 PM