Does anyone use Smart Lock? As far as I can tell, it should automatically unlock your phone under certain circumstances. I have set my home and my voice but I still have to unlock my phone.

Is there some trick to activating Smart Lock, or has BlackBerry disabled it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    10-12-16 03:34 AM
    I use it whit my pebble smartwatch

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 05:33 AM
    I use Bluetooth to unlock and it works perfectly. My phone is also relocked after losing the Bluetooth connection without failure. Location unlock can be finicky. For voice unlock, adjust your voice model to be recognized by "OK Google" .
    10-12-16 09:05 AM
    Does anyone use Smart Lock?
    Yes, works for me on my DTEK50. I've enabled on-body detection, trusted places, trusted devices. Have not enabled face or voice..find them unnecessary.

I thought the "home" feature was partially inaccurate because it relies on location services. I would have preferred to see the "home" recognition to be tied to the network rather than physical location.

Most often used for me is on body and trusted devices

Each has inherent risks, however, so I mitigate those risks by using my security software to lock certain sensitive apps, requiring a secondary PIN to launch them.

Steve
    10-12-16 09:11 AM
    I use Bluetooth to unlock and it works perfectly. My phone is also relocked after losing the Bluetooth connection without failure. Location unlock can be finicky. For voice unlock, adjust your voice model to be recognized by "OK Google" .
    Yes, I've added my voice but it makes no difference. If I speak the OK Google command (usually a timer while I'm cooking), I still have to unlock the phone.

10-12-16 03:23 PM
    Yes, I've added my voice but it makes no difference. If I speak the OK Google command (usually a timer while I'm cooking), I still have to unlock the phone.

How ironic! There are threads on these forums that claim that there is a security breach because the phone is unlocked when they say OK Google, not realizing Smart Lock is turned on.

The only suggestion I have is to double check if the Smart Lock for voice unlock is turned on.
    10-12-16 03:49 PM
    Just want to add that when the phone is unlocked by Smart Lock, the lock screen stays on and you are limited to what you can do in the lock screen as if the phone is locked. You need to swipe up to get rid of the lock screen to truly unlock the phone.
    Ethynil likes this.
    10-12-16 04:05 PM
    Any ideas why being at home and have my home address set as unlocking area, K1 screen is still locked?
    05-28-18 11:51 AM
    Any ideas why being at home and have my home address set as unlocking area, K1 screen is still locked?
    As you know, the phone doesn't unlock because it recognizes the address of your home, but rather based on location services, using GPS.

Could the difference in remaining locked have occurred because you happened to be standing in a different location in or around your home when you activated Trusted Places, which might be a significantly different location from where you typically are located, that the GPS doesn't recognize it?

You might consider adding another Trusted Place in the area of your property that is not recognized so the blanket of coverage can be expanded.
    06-01-18 09:16 AM