Not sure if it's tied to a particular update but recently I notice that swiping left and right to delete or mark read various messages can be a real time consuming process. Sometimes it will take half a minute before the gesture registers.

Anyone else having this problem?

Hub version: 1.6.1.50954
    06-30-18 07:03 PM
    The Delete swipe has a delay by design (can't stand it though it saved me more than once from deleting the wrong email).

The rest should be pretty swift.
    06-30-18 08:12 PM
    I'm aware of the momentary delay permitting the user to undo the gesture but what I'm referring to is delays in the order of half a minute or so (for both deleting and marking messages read).

This is a relatively new phenomenon on my DTEK50.
    06-30-18 09:09 PM
    I've been seeing all kinds of delays in the hub. Audible notification with nothing new in the HUB, then later seeing something new there without an audible notification at that time. Really delayed text messages (I use Signal, so there could be a secondary correlation there). And, like the OP, tremendous delays in deleting messages...indeed, on one account I can select several messages and then delete them en masse, but nothing changes whatsoever in that account display for quite some time.

I've yet to do any controlled experiments, so all of this is as observed in a non-objective fashion. But I definitely can confirm sluggishness in the HUB. As to if it started when the OS updated or when the HUB or HUB Services was last updated, I really don't have a feel for that.
    07-01-18 05:54 PM
    This is the most conspicuous example of the problem (and plagues me also). Text, messages, emails, phone calls...if they're in the hub they're glacial in their response to gestures.

....indeed, on one account I can select several messages and then delete them en masse, but nothing changes whatsoever in that account display for quite some time....
    07-01-18 06:12 PM
    This is the most conspicuous example of the problem (and plagues me also). Text, messages, emails, phone calls...if they're in the hub they're glacial in their response to gestures.
    FYI - My reference was NOT to gestures...rather, multi-select/delete. Gestures are also slow, but my point here was for non-gesture interactions with messages in the HUB.

EDIT - I even have one SMS in the HUB that displays as if it's from one sender, yet when I tap it I see that it's from a completely different sender. No interactions at all, really...just that it's showing the wrong sender in the HUB. I have frequent SMS interaction with both of these senders, but it's never before confused them in the HUB.

When I get time, I'll try rebooting and see if that clears any of it up. I did earlier try rebooting for the general sluggishness, but that didn't help.
    07-01-18 06:14 PM
    I'm starting to think that this is not necessarily a Hub-only issue. Beyond the above, I am noticing that auto-locking doesn't seem to be behaving as configured...I have it set to shut off the screen after 2 minutes of inactivity, and then lock 5 minutes after that. But I frequently pick it up after what I'm sure is longer than 7 minutes yet it's not locked (and not kept unlocked via SmartLock).

I've rebooted, then cleared several app cache's and rebooted again -- to no avail regarding all of the symptoms in this thread. But, these newest symptoms lead me to believe this to be an OS rather than an app problem. Perhaps when we receive the next update it will be cured.
    07-04-18 02:20 PM
    Update

Things got worse, to the point of SMS's not being received on this device, but sent from this device arrived OK elsewhere. On the thought that Signal was the culprit, removed and unregistered...no help.

Battery drain also increased dramatically. Looked at battery consumption and determined that the Weather app I had was the killer (22% since last charge, but little to no direct usage). Deleted that app and everything seems to have returned to normal.

Result - HUB gestures take immediate effect, no more phantom new message notifications, and SMS now goes both directions immediately (haven't re-installed Signal yet, but suspect it won't be detrimental).

Advice - look for a badly behaving app. If things were fine until recently, look to see what apps received a recent update...could be the culprit. If like me you also experience significant battery drain, then look at battery consumption since last full charge...whatever is on the top of the list is the likely culprit.

Good luck!
    Last edited by sdgardne; 07-06-18 at 11:31 AM.
    07-05-18 03:15 PM
    i have been noticing bad lags everywhere. I even wiped my phone and started from scratch but same issue.
    I notice it in the hub issues as already mentioned but also notice it horribly in Facebook. It stutters when scrolling and sometimes doesnt scroll at all for a few seconds as if its frozen, then jumps huge all at once.
    Also notice when this happens the whole device becomes sluggish, pressing home or recent or back has delays.
    Sides of phone and screen get hot but not the back.
    Battery drain is horrible too. Down from 100% to 50% between 7am-1pm and Im at work. basically no usage. So I charge it between 1-5 when done and i use it for the hour bus home and im down to 60%. usually around 10% by time i get to bed buy 10p
    I was coming on here to see if anyone else was experiencing these issues.
    07-06-18 12:45 PM
    i have been noticing bad lags everywhere. I even wiped my phone and started from scratch but same issue.
    I notice it in the hub issues as already mentioned but also notice it horribly in Facebook. It stutters when scrolling and sometimes doesnt scroll at all for a few seconds as if its frozen, then jumps huge all at once.
    Also notice when this happens the whole device becomes sluggish, pressing home or recent or back has delays.
    Battery drain is horrible too. Down from 100% to 50% between 7am-1pm and Im at work. basically no usage. So I charge it between 1-5 when done and i use it for the hour bus home and im down to 60%. usually around 10% by time i get to bed buy 10p
    As posted above, others indeed experience similar issues...and possible methods to diagnose and remedy are likewise posted. See my results in post #8...especially since you are experiencing battery drain issues, you may find a method to follow there.

Note that while I considered a full wipe/reload, I managed to avoid it by diagnosing the offending app. Do note however that you should wait up to a few days after such a remedy attempt before determining if symptoms remain...after wipe/reload, it can take time to "settle down".

Good luck and let us know!
    07-06-18 01:54 PM
    Had same issue on wife's DTEK50 and found that culprit was Netflix. Deleted and all fine. Checked Developer options, Inactive apps
    There one by one you can see what the apps ar currently active, if you toggle it goes to inactive or vice versa. Kept seeing there also Netflix always active plus drain on Battery summary...so deleted.
    07-07-18 06:59 PM
    Netflix was a problem on my son's DTEK50 as well a month or two back. I deleted it and rebooted and all was rectified. We have not experienced issues with the June patch.
    07-12-18 01:31 AM
    Solved most of mine. Facebook and Facebook Messenger were installing to my SD card which since both run in the hub were slowing down my hub. Plus those apps themselves were sluggish and overheated my device. Thus causing major battery drain. After uninstalling them and reinstalling (which is when I discovered they went straight to SD card. I then immediately moved them to internal and things are much smoother now
    07-16-18 09:52 PM