Just after an update, Facebook messenger started to lag and since then remained slow and difficult to open. I have tried to disinstall and reinstall it, without any improvement. Does it depend on the app, or it is a system problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. All the other apps work steadily on my DTEK 50

From my awesome Z30
    05-30-17 01:41 PM
    Does it depend on the app, or it is a system problem?
    App and FB Messenger isn't exactly known to be the best software. It's bloated and a hot mess right now, should try FB Messenger Light. You lose some functions but it's mostly the crap you don't want anyway - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger-lite/
    05-30-17 01:55 PM
    App and FB Messenger isn't exactly known to be the best software. It's bloated and a hot mess right now, should try FB Messenger Light. You lose some functions but it's mostly the crap you don't want anyway - Facebook Messenger Lite APKs - APKMirror
    I agree, Lite is just what I need and just what Messenger was some 5 years ago.

But why from apkmirror? Are FB's Lite apps not available in the US and Canadian Play Store?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...facebook.mlite
    05-30-17 02:12 PM
    But why from apkmirror? Are FB's Lite apps not available in the US and Canadian Play Store?
    They're THERE, but listed as not compatible because the app is only meant for areas like India, Indonesia, etc where networks are flaky.
    05-30-17 02:42 PM
    They're THERE, but listed as not compatible because the app is only meant for areas like India, Indonesia, etc where networks are flaky.
    And some parts of Europe apparently. Despite the fact that I get LTE pretty much everywhere.

Not that I'm complaining, on the contrary. I just thought that they started rolling it out everywhere when it came here.
    05-31-17 01:45 AM
    Well, thanks Bla1ze and everyone else for the support, Just installed lite, seems it works flawlessly, I will check whether it works well or not in the following hours

From my awesome Z30
    05-31-17 04:22 AM