I have a classic got wife a dtek50. She made an appointment for me so I thought she could send it to me. Nope. I cannot find an option on android to share an appointment. How far ahead is bb10. Will android ever catch up to basic things I need to do. Keep thinking to get a keyone but this old phone keeps doing what others struggle with and I don't need an app. Unless I'm missing something of course.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    10-29-17 10:55 PM
    I just tested. It appears you can share (forward) an apt you are invited to.
    But not for ones you create yourself. In this case you can invite others. Which is the + beside 2ppl icon under location.
    Qorax likes this.
    10-30-17 05:55 AM
    Yes BB calendar is missing ICS/ical filesharing since beginning and BlackBerry seems not having it as priority to implement it:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12532814

You could use the calendar apps aCalendar+ or BusinessCalendar2 which can do this sharing a ical file.

With BlackBerry Calendar you can only invite via shared calendar.
    Qorax likes this.
    10-30-17 06:52 AM
    I just created an appt on my DTEK50 calendar. While creating in the default calendar with default email, the space immediately below Location shows the 'participants' icon with a plus sign. You should be able to enter a contact name or email address. Aaaaaaand, it works! Invitation sent same as good ole' BlackBerry.

What a CLASSIC!
    Qorax likes this.
    10-31-17 01:34 AM
    I just created an appt on my DTEK50 calendar. While creating in the default calendar with default email, the space immediately below Location shows the 'participants' icon with a plus sign. You should be able to enter a contact name or email address. Aaaaaaand, it works! Invitation sent same as good ole' BlackBerry.

What a CLASSIC!
    What is your "default" calendar provider?

Google? It then only works if you have also the same Google-mail account connected.

Invitations only work in one ecosystem, whereas ical / ics file attachment sharing would work independent from calendar-provider / mail-provider and the recipient can also add it to any of his calendar-providers.
    10-31-17 02:12 AM
    What is your "default" calendar provider?

Google? It then only works if you have also the same Google-mail account connected.

Invitations only work in one ecosystem, whereas ical / ics file attachment sharing would work independent from calendar-provider / mail-provider and the recipient can also add it to any of his calendar-providers.
    Invitation works with any email associated calendar.
    The invite is sent via any email address. When excepted by the other party it adds to their calendar. This is normal meeting calendaring.
    10-31-17 06:10 AM
    Thank you for all the info. I really just like the share and be able to text or BBM an appointment. So now my wife will text me appointment and I will add it to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 10:42 PM
    Thank you for all the info. I really just like the share and be able to text or BBM an appointment. So now my wife will text me appointment and I will add it to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    I repeat myself:

You could use the calendar apps aCalendar+ or BusinessCalendar2 which can do this sharing a ical file.
    You can share it as something like this as plain-text:

Appointment from wife
    07.11.2017 10:00 - 11:00

Or like this as file event.ics, you can then add to calendar:
    BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    PRODID:aCalendar
    VERSION:2.0
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    METHOD:PUBLISH
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    SUMMARY:Appointment from wife
    DTSTART:20171107T090000Z
    DTEND:20171107T100000Z
    UID:20171107T000400Z-10259@acalendar
    DTSTAMP:20171107T000400Z
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR
    11-06-17 06:01 PM
    All good. I don't want to put to much stuff on her phone. She is not into it. So for the bit we do she can let me know. Was easy when she still used z10. ICal sounds way to much like an iPhone thing.

Again thank you for info

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 06:41 PM
    I have to admit, I enjoy the Keyone but I miss having the capability to text meetings/appointments as well.
    01-29-18 01:17 PM