Hi guys,

Any idea on how to set different wallpapers ?

I am using nova launcher. Even with nova I could not find any way to set different wallpapers...

Thanks
    02-24-17 12:26 PM
    Have you tried setting the wallpaper from the picture itself?
    02-24-17 09:00 PM
    Have you tried setting the wallpaper from the picture itself?
    Yes I did, but it applies it to both, home and Lockscreen...
    02-25-17 04:44 AM
    Yes I did, but it applies it to both, home and Lockscreen...
    What app do you use to view your photos with?
    02-25-17 05:11 AM
    What app do you use to view your photos with?
    Google photos , that's the only one.

Is there another photo app which allows setting different Lockscreen / home screen wallpapers ?
    02-25-17 11:21 AM
    Google photos , that's the only one.

Is there another photo app which allows setting different Lockscreen / home screen wallpapers ?
    Do you get this list when you tap the top right three dots and select "Use as"?

Set different wallpapers Lockscreen/homescreen-screenshot_2017-02-25-14-49-47.jpgSet different wallpapers Lockscreen/homescreen-screenshot_2017-02-25-14-49-53.jpg
    02-25-17 02:51 PM
    To answer your other question, I use Piktures, Google Photos, Gallery (built in), Solid Explorer, and MiXplorer. All of them allow photos to be set as shown above.
    02-25-17 02:54 PM
    [QUOTE=Fret Madden;12778619]Do you get this list when you tap the top right three dots and select "Use as"?

Yeah, I get this list. But when I tap on use as, I can adjust the wallpaper and only click save which leads to setting the wallpaper as lock and home screen I am simply not offered to choose...
    02-25-17 03:12 PM
    Hello,

i also have this problem.

I only have in google photos one way to set as wallpaper and after pushing it, i have the wallpaper as lockscreen and homescreen.
    02-25-17 03:12 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-02-25-14-49-47.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	418087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-02-25-14-49-53.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	418088
    I have tried piktures, solid explorer .
    None of them offers to differ between home and lockscreen, too !

Mixplorer is not available in my country (Germany).

And I don't have a stock BlackBerry gallery app - just Google photos.... I cant find it on play store , too.

What app did you install which offers you to set a picture for the lockscreen after you clicked on use as ? I mean the one with the green background and the white dots on the screenshot you have sent ....
    02-25-17 03:14 PM
    Then it's possibly a limitation of the DTEK50 OS, although I don't understand why that would be left out. You both could try using a different app, such as Piktures, and see if it allows a choice.
    02-25-17 03:16 PM
    I have tried piktures, solid explorer .
    None of them offers to differ between home and lockscreen, too !

Mixplorer is not available in my country (Germany).

And I don't have a stock BlackBerry gallery app - just Google photos.... I cant find it on play store , too.

What app did you install which offers you to set a picture for the lockscreen after you clicked on use as ? I mean the one with the green background and the white dots on the screenshot you have sent ....
    That's Piktures. MiXplorer is available from XDA, follow this link.

Or did you mean the more teal colored with the dot grid? That's the icon I've been waiting for you to get - that's the lockscreen itself.
    02-25-17 03:18 PM
    That's Piktures. MiXplorer is available from XDA, follow this link.

Or did you mean the more teal colored with the dot grid? That's the icon I've been waiting for you to get - that's the lockscreen itself.
    Now I have tried mixplorer as well.....
    No offer to set different

I just don't get it. Do you use a dtek50 ?
    02-25-17 03:25 PM
    And yeah, I mean teal coloured one !
    But I don't get it through piktures, mixplorer , solid explorer, Google photos ....
    All of these are installed.

Maybe it is because you got a stock bb gallery app ?
    I don't have this one, neither do i now how to install it (not available on Play store )
    02-25-17 03:28 PM
    Now I have tried mixplorer as well.....
    No offer to set different

I just don't get it. Do you use a dtek50 ?
    Nope, I wasn't impressed enough to move from my LG G3, and from your troubles it sounds like that was perhaps a wise call. Like I said, it sounds like it was stripped out to save something but I don't quite follow that logic - it's a pretty basic thing that almost every OS can do.
    02-25-17 03:28 PM
    Nope, I wasn't impressed enough to move from my LG G3, and from your troubles it sounds like that was perhaps a wise call. Like I said, it sounds like it was stripped out to save something but I don't quite follow that logic - it's a pretty basic thing that almost every OS can do.
    Ah, ok ...

I think you are right, it will be some stupid security limitations. All in all, it is not possible for me but was worth a try ....

But anyway, thanks for your effort
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-25-17 03:31 PM
    Anytime, at least we tried
    02-25-17 03:53 PM
    Method 1: Long Press the Home Screen:

Step 1. Unlock your Android phone and then long press on a clear region of your home screen.

Step 2: Then tap on the three dot on the top right corner on your device screen and select Use as from the dropdown list.

Step 3: It will give you several options. Just select Wallpapers and it will set as lock screen wallpaper.

Method 2: Use Photo or Phone Gallery:

If you already have the picture you want to set as lock screen wallpaper saved in Photo/Photo Gallery, this easy method will work perfectly for you too.

Step 1: Open Google Photo or Photo Gallery on your device. Find the picture you want to set as Android lock screen wallpaper.

Step 2: Then tap on the three dot on the top right corner on your device screen and select Use as from the dropdown list.

Step 3: It will give you several options. Just select Wallpapers and it will set as lock screen wallpaper.

Set Online Images as Wallpaper Directly:

With this method, we can directly set online images from browsers as homescreen or lock screen wallpaper on Android devices, without downloading the images to the device first.

Step 1: First open the browser on your Android device and find the picture you would like to set as wallpaper. Or better yet, whenever you come accross a beautiful picture online, you can follow the steps below to set it as wallpaper.

Step 2: Once you have found the picture, long-press the picture until a new window pop up. Tap on Save Image As from the options and then Wallpaper. It will be set as lock screen wallpaper on your Android device once you confirm the operation.
    03-06-17 03:49 AM
    Method 1: Long Press the Home Screen:

Step 1. Unlock your Android phone and then long press on a clear region of your home screen.

Method 2: Use Photo or Phone Gallery:

If you already have the picture you want to set as lock screen wallpaper saved in Photo/Photo Gallery, this easy method will work perfectly for you too.

Step 1: Open Google Photo or Photo Gallery on your device. Find the picture you want to set as Android lock screen wallpaper.

Set Online Images as Wallpaper Directly:

With this method, we can directly set online images from browsers as homescreen or lock screen wallpaper on Android devices, without downloading the images to the device first.

Step 1: First open the browser on your Android device and find the picture you would like to set as wallpaper. Or better yet, whenever you come accross a beautiful picture online, you can follow the steps below to set it as wallpaper.

Step 2: Once you have found the picture, long-press the picture until a new window pop up. Tap on Save Image As from the options and then Wallpaper. It will be set as lock screen wallpaper on your Android device once you confirm the operation.
    Complete rubbish concerning dtek50. Does Not work at all, sadly.....

sent from Blackberry Passport (160GB)
    03-06-17 07:58 AM
    You should try "Next lock screen " by microsoft corporation, which is similar to the BlackBerry 10 lock screen.
    03-06-17 10:07 AM
    Its launcher limitations.. Use Nova Launcher you can set different wallpaper
    03-06-17 10:12 AM
    Its launcher limitations.. Use Nova Launcher you can set different wallpaper
    No you Can Not. Even Nova does Not allow it on dtek 50, That's what we already found out. See the First posts...

03-06-17 12:03 PM
    No you Can Not. Even Nova does Not allow it on dtek 50, That's what we already found out. See the First posts...

Does the Dtek50 have picture password?

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-06-17 04:32 PM
    Does the Dtek50 have picture password?

# soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    No it does not...

03-07-17 12:13 AM
    No it does not...

Wow. They told it will get it with an update....

03-07-17 01:11 AM