I am still on the July security patch. I can't seem to get any updates. Bought my DTEK50 from clove in the UK. Unlocked apparently. Do I need to remove the sim or something in order to to get the latest updates?

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the DTEK50
    10-08-16 11:41 AM
    I'm not sure how Blackberry can tote the DTEK50 as the most secure android in the world when the Priv seems to get the updates first AND nexus phones are already on the October patch.
    ajwan and big_time2 like this.
    10-08-16 12:17 PM
    i am guessing its not unlocked from the carrier so you sitll have to wait for them to push the update
    10-08-16 01:02 PM
    Yeah, Clove must be holding you out to dry. That�s why I never buy from carriers. Check in their forums or something.
    10-09-16 06:01 AM
    Strange, because I bought mine from Clove too but I got the 6 Sept update. I am waiting for the October update though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-09-16 07:01 AM
    I bought mine directly from BlackBerry and still no October update.

I'm honestly surprised by this because the "most secure phone in the world" should be getting security updates on time, right BlackBerry?
    10-09-16 07:16 AM
    I'm thinking the BlackBerry tardiness in releasing the latest security update might be due to bundling the update with OS updates?

Who knows we could get picture password finally!

Blackberry? Yes we still do phones.
    10-09-16 07:27 AM
    http://www.androidauthority.com/octo...update-719625/

So, what does happen with BB?. I thought i had bought the most security device.

10-09-16 07:48 AM
    I bought mine directly from BlackBerry and still no October update.

I'm honestly surprised by this because the "most secure phone in the world" should be getting security updates on time, right BlackBerry?
    If it makes anyone feel better, even the beta people don't have it yet.
    10-09-16 08:27 AM
    So I bought directly from clove, who, and I'm not sure, are not actually a carrier. I'm on Vodafone UK if that helps any. Not had a single update so far. Wondering if I need to remove the sim and do a restart to make it happen.

10-09-16 08:27 AM
    So I bought directly from clove, who, and I'm not sure, are not actually a carrier. I'm on Vodafone UK if that helps any. Not had a single update so far. Wondering if I need to remove the sim and do a restart to make it happen.

I highly doubt it.
    10-12-16 01:37 PM
    So much for the most secure phone in the world.
    10-13-16 11:27 AM
    Well, they never mentioned it was the most secure phone in the world, only the most secure Android phone, but is a shame, many will take this to criticize BlackBerry for not keeping their promise of day one patches.
    CDM76 and big_time2 like this.
    10-13-16 01:17 PM
    Why is that ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    10-13-16 03:41 PM
    Well, they never mentioned it was the most secure phone in the world, only the most secure Android phone, but is a shame, many will take this to criticize BlackBerry for not keeping their promise of day one patches.
    And majority just won't care. Samsung, iOS and other Android users don't care about security or updates. So I predict majority won't care. However, it would be nice if they just released an update already. LoL

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    10-13-16 03:43 PM
    Most phone user don't even know there phone can update or don't care too

Last edited by mikedolo; 10-13-16 at 04:49 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-13-16 03:56 PM
    Most secure android device

10-13-16 04:51 PM
    Yes, of course... because BlackBerry has a long and we'll documented history of not keeping their promises, over and over and over and over again.

No surprise really...

big_time2 likes this.
    10-13-16 05:11 PM
    It's just a joke isn't it. It's borderline unacceptable. I bought two dtek50 phones on the promise that they would be the most secure android smartphones. I wouldn't touch Blackberry again after the issues I've had. Poor battery life I can almost accept but no Oct security update and we're midway through the month. Honestly, Blackberry are killing themselves and digging their own graves with this kind of stunt. How can Priv and Nexus owners get the update before the so-called "Most secure android smartphone in the world". Bitterly disappointed. I was planning to keep my Dtek50 as a backup phone but because of this latest issue I'm going to sell it. This is now my 3rd bad experience with Blackberry and I think....sadly, it will be my last.

Fyi: I work in digital security and I am currently the laughing stock of the office. Bought a dtek50, told people it was more secure than their android - vulnerable to quadrooter out of the box. Told people Blackberry will be quick to patch - wrong again. Too bad because I liked the hub and keyboard on it. Ah well!
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-13-16 08:32 PM
    It's just a joke isn't it. It's borderline unacceptable. I bought two dtek50 phones on the promise that they would be the most secure android smartphones. I wouldn't touch Blackberry again after the issues I've had. Poor battery life I can almost accept but no Oct security update and we're midway through the month. Honestly, Blackberry are killing themselves and digging their own graves with this kind of stunt. How can Priv and Nexus owners get the update before the so-called "Most secure android smartphone in the world". Bitterly disappointed. I was planning to keep my Dtek50 but because of this latest issue I'm going to sell it. This is now my 3rd bad experience with Blackberry and I think....sadly, it will be my last.

Fyi: I work in digital security and I am currently the laughing stock of the office. Bought a dtek50, told people it was more secure than their android - vulnerable to quadrooter out of the box. Told people Blackberry will be quick to patch - wrong again. Too bad because I liked the hub and keyboard on it. Ah well!
    Let me check the latest os for dtek50

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-13-16 08:35 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...uilds-1083171/

You were right September patch is the latest for dtek50

10-13-16 08:38 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...uilds-1083171/

You were right September patch is the latest for dtek50

AAH108 just got certified, lol.
    10-13-16 08:49 PM
    AAH108 just got certified, lol.
    I speak too soon lol

10-13-16 08:58 PM
    Oh we can wait some days... not such a drama

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-14-16 12:02 AM
    It's just a joke isn't it. It's borderline unacceptable. I bought two dtek50 phones on the promise that they would be the most secure android smartphones. I wouldn't touch Blackberry again after the issues I've had. Poor battery life I can almost accept but no Oct security update and we're midway through the month. Honestly, Blackberry are killing themselves and digging their own graves with this kind of stunt. How can Priv and Nexus owners get the update before the so-called "Most secure android smartphone in the world". Bitterly disappointed. I was planning to keep my Dtek50 as a backup phone but because of this latest issue I'm going to sell it. This is now my 3rd bad experience with Blackberry and I think....sadly, it will be my last.

I'll buy it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for DTEK50
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-14-16 12:52 AM
145 123 ...