My screen was replaced with something inferior after I dropped the phone - the touch is off by a few mm near the bottom, but that's not my question. A couple issues since:

Issue One: Right after replacement, my mic stopped working for phone calls. The video mic is fine. Is there maybe a way to massage that with software? Is it something that could have been damaged by the work done? Is it easy to damage it by inserting a paper clip or whatever (thinking it was the SIM tray)? It's at the opposite end where it hit the floor and broke the screen, but could it still have been damaged by that?

Most importantly, is this an easy fix at home without spending more money to a pro fixer?

Issue Two: there's some sort of pendulum or whatever it's called built into the phone. An app I was using, called Carrot Rewards, used it to track steps I took and reported the total to me. It worked oddly right after the screen replacement then finally quit altogether a couple weeks back. Is it possible to damage this item during a screen replacement? Or from the drop? Is it fixable at home?

Thanks as always. This forum has been so helpful to me over the (extended) life of my DTEK50. Just one more time, please - you're the best.
    04-09-19 08:09 PM
    No way for us to know if the drop or the fix is what caused your issues.

I think you are at the point where a repair shop is going to charge more than getting a used DTEK50 would be cheaper.
    04-10-19 01:36 PM
    No way for us to know if the drop or the fix is what caused your issues.

I think you are at the point where a repair shop is going to charge more than getting a used DTEK50 would be cheaper.
    Thanks, DDD, but I wasn't trying to be a judge of who went wrong as much as I wanted to know what I could do about it. I mean, before going to another phone, whether that's a used DTEK50 (which I'm very happy with) or something else, I was hoping to learn if there was a way to do a home repair. Of the microphone I mean - I can get used to the less-than-perfect screen.

I can also live without the gyroscope, if that's the other defective part, but wouldn't mind knowing how easy it would be to replace at the same time as the mic.
    04-12-19 08:45 PM
    Thanks, DDD, but I wasn't trying to be a judge of who went wrong as much as I wanted to know what I could do about it. I mean, before going to another phone, whether that's a used DTEK50 (which I'm very happy with) or something else, I was hoping to learn if there was a way to do a home repair. Of the microphone I mean - I can get used to the less-than-perfect screen.

I can also live without the gyroscope, if that's the other defective part, but wouldn't mind knowing how easy it would be to replace at the same time as the mic.
    I'm not sure about the actual repair logistics but I believe DDDs point was simply how replacement could be the best solution as inexpensive as DTEK50 is now.

Even after mic fix, there could still be other hidden damage or infamous battery issues next.
    04-13-19 09:12 AM
    I'm not sure about the actual repair logistics but I believe DDDs point was simply how replacement could be the best solution as inexpensive as DTEK50 is now.

Even after mic fix, there could still be other hidden damage or infamous battery issues next.
    Thanks, Chuck, but I AM looking for a response about repair logistics. I fully understand the economics, life expectancy, etc., but I only need this baby for the camera and a phone. And dictation would be nice.

I found the teardown procedure - it's excellent. Looks like a home repair is possible but I'm not sure I'm the one to take it on. Lacking tools, patience, nerves and eyesight.

DTEK50 TEARDOWN: https://inforesheniya.ru/informacia-...rry_DTEK50/en/

I'll close this thread now, unless some guru knows a way to use the video microphone for the phone and dictation. It's working fine.
    04-13-19 02:35 PM
    Thanks, Chuck, but I AM looking for a response about repair logistics. I fully understand the economics, life expectancy, etc., but I only need this baby for the camera and a phone. And dictation would be nice.

I found the teardown procedure - it's excellent. Looks like a home repair is possible but I'm not sure I'm the one to take it on. Lacking tools, patience, nerves and eyesight.

DTEK50 TEARDOWN: https://inforesheniya.ru/informacia-...rry_DTEK50/en//MyWegmansConnect Login

I'll close this thread now, unless some guru knows a way to use the video microphone for the phone and dictation. It's working fine.

I wanted to know what I could do about it. I mean, before going to another phone, whether that's a used DTEK50 (which I'm very happy with) or something else, I was hoping to learn if there was a way to do a home repair. Of the microphone I mean - I can get used to the less-than-perfect screen.
    Last edited by Delhiminate; 02-26-20 at 03:54 AM.
    02-25-20 03:25 AM