His answer when I asked about availability at Verizon and other big carriers this morning on Twitter.

"nope"

Not sure cause I didn't even know who he is but a couple CrackBerry peeps re- tweeted it.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    07-27-16 12:34 PM
    Roger Cheng answered my tweet about carriers and DTEK50 availability... "nope"-37138.jpg

07-27-16 12:35 PM
    There's no sign of a CDMA model at the FCC, or on the spec sheet on the BlackBerry website.
    07-27-16 01:01 PM
    I see this as yet another failed BlackBerry Device then. I was waiting for this phone to be released to get one for my other half. He doesn't like the Priv because of the slider. We are on Verizon so (of course) I can't order this phone.

Beyond this, Verizon has a lot of corporate accounts that I would think would be very interested in this phone because of the price and security aspects. They are excluding a huge base of potential customers.

I can't believe that I either have to leave Verizon to stay with BlackBerry or buy a competitor's phones. It's a sad day indeed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    baspeed likes this.
    07-27-16 01:34 PM

Beyond this, Verizon has a lot of corporate accounts that I would think would be very interested in this phone because of the price and security aspects. They are excluding a huge base of potential customers.
    This phone is based on the Idol 4, which doesn't exist in CDMA form.

It's also questionable whether Verizon would want to carry this phone at this point. Maybe after they see BB have some success with it.
    07-27-16 01:36 PM
    I see this as yet another failed BlackBerry Device then. I was waiting for this phone to be released to get one for my other half. He doesn't like the Priv because of the slider. We are on Verizon so (of course) I can't order this phone.

I can't believe that I either have to leave Verizon to stay with BlackBerry or buy a competitor's phones. It's a sad day indeed.

It's not always that a phone won't be made by an OEM - sometimes it's as simple as carriers don't want to carry that phone
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-27-16 01:44 PM
    According to Forbes, it is only a best buy, amazon, and other online retailers.

No carriers lol

I sure they don't need to move a lot of numbers to hit profitablity.

#whatisclassic
    07-27-16 02:48 PM
    I am glad that I am not on Verizon.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-27-16 04:53 PM

Not necessarily. Most of the world uses GSM, so perhaps they factored in the loss of Verizon, et al. Remember they're software focused, hardware is just a selling point at this juncture, and think of the bigger picture.

Personally? I'd exclude CDMA customers as well, their numbers probably don't justify the expense given the global picture.

Presumably there's a reason that Alcatel made the same decision?
    07-27-16 05:07 PM
    Presumably there's a reason that Alcatel made the same decision?
    I bet Verizon made the decision. Why bother when you got Apple and Samsung. Takes a whole tech department to service a phone. Why bother

For anyone who doesn't think Verizon is a big market you would probably agree politicians are honest.

07-29-16 10:31 AM
    I am glad that I am not on Verizon.
    Your wallet is probably glad as well...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-29-16 03:14 PM
    I bet Verizon made the decision. Why bother when you got Apple and Samsung. Takes a whole tech department to service a phone. Why bother

For anyone who doesn't think Verizon is a big market you would probably agree politicians are honest.

Sure Verizon is huge and they're also CDMA in the US. How is this Blackberry's fault? Unless Verizon commits to allowing on their vast network and placing in their numerous stores, what is blackberry supposed to do? Field of Dreams was just a movie.

07-29-16 03:26 PM
    Verizon won't carry this phone even if there was a CDMA version.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-29-16 05:04 PM
    BlackBerry can't sell its phones in the traditional channels in the United States and other parts of the world. Since this hasn't been working well they are changing the game. Alex Thurber has been working on new channels such as selling in the security software channel. This is because BlackBerry is focusing on services around the phone, such as the BBOS days for BIS and BES instead of the actual phone.

As long as BlackBerry can sell into new channels, they may not need the American carriers.

Basic rule of business, if the current rules don't work for you, change the rules. This is the simple strategy that Apple used for the iPhone and Uber used to become a dominant service.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-29-16 07:04 PM
    For the record a person can get three smart phones with 30 gigs of data with one month rollover for about $240 per month on Americas biggest and baddest network. NFL mobile free to boot.

Your wallet is probably glad as well...

08-08-16 07:22 AM
    Or Verizon can join the rest of the world with GSM.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-08-16 08:46 AM
    Or Verizon can join the rest of the world with GSM.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    Isn't that already in the works?

08-08-16 10:17 AM
    For the record a person can get three smart phones with 30 gigs of data with one month rollover for about $240 per month on Americas biggest and baddest network. NFL mobile free to boot.

So how much for one or two? That's a bit too specific of a situation. And I'm sure that includes the so-called "connection fee" right?

Edit: oh, and is that 30gb shared? Or each? Because I actually pay about 1/3 that for one line (so about the same per line as your example) and I get unlimited data and 22GB without throttling on my own...
    Last edited by slagman5; 08-08-16 at 11:25 AM.
    08-08-16 10:31 AM
    Isn't that already in the works?

How long have you been a Verizon employee?

08-08-16 10:31 AM

Says the guy from AT&T/DirecTV

08-08-16 01:56 PM
    Says the guy from AT&T/DirecTV

Really? That's why I always say their current plans suck? I'm grandfathered in their old plan, which is great for me, but their new ones stink. Man, I'm going to get fired apparently... 😂

08-08-16 03:00 PM

Hahahahah I'm no employee I'm just a long time Verizon customer. Yes it's 30 Gb shared and I do not know the cost for just two lines. Actually I'm one of those unlimited packages and pay close to $300 for three smartphones. They offered me 30 gigs shared to drop my unlimited. Nooooo waaaaay

08-09-16 07:35 AM
    Hahahahah I'm no employee I'm just a long time Verizon customer. Yes it's 30 Gb shared and I do not know the cost for just two lines. Actually I'm one of those unlimited packages and pay close to $300 for three smartphones. They offered me 30 gigs shared to drop my unlimited. Nooooo waaaaay

They (AT&T) try to get me to switch from my unlimited as well, but it's a single line plan, not bad for $85 after all taxes and fees per month, unlimited talk, text, and 22GB unthrottled data with unlimited throttled data after that. None of their new plans can compare to that, so I'm just going to stick with this as long as I could...

rickkel likes this.
    08-09-16 09:34 AM
    According to Forbes, it is only a best buy, amazon, and other online retailers.

No carriers lol

I sure they don't need to move a lot of numbers to hit profitablity.

#whatisclassic
    I wish they will just continue to got his route. Carrier have no reason to put stock in blackberry phones.

I welcome my stalker
    08-09-16 10:34 AM
    They (AT&T) try to get me to switch from my unlimited as well, but it's a single line plan, not bad for $85 after all taxes and fees per month, unlimited talk, text, and 22GB unthrottled data with unlimited throttled data after that. None of their new plans can compare to that, so I'm just going to stick with this as long as I could...

This makes me sick. In Canada a "good" deal is $100 (+taxes) for unlimited sms,unlimited nationwide calling, 1 GB data. Wish we could get some of these USA prices !

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 10:53 AM