My DTEK50's top portion of the screen stopped working. It was registering hits and made the device near useless.

Since I had 2 months of my warranty left, I contacted Blackberry. Got a case number and then a shipping label. Sent it to the guys in Texas.

That was over 3 weeks ago.

Some tech closed my ticket which was odd. I contacted BB support again and had them follow up on where my device is.

The tech contacted the service center and this was where things got weird.

First he tells me my device is out of warranty. BS I say, it expires in August.
    Then he tells me there's water damage. BS again i say, it was never submerged and I demand proof that the moisture indicators show the damage.

BB rep says the support center will email me directly for "quotes" as well as proof of the damage.
    Again that was over 5 business days ago.

What the heck, and what is going on? I have two weeks of my warranty left and i'm fuming. What recourse do I have?
    08-02-17 11:14 AM
    My DTEK50's top portion of the screen stopped working. It was registering hits and made the device near useless.

Since I had 2 months of my warranty left, I contacted Blackberry. Got a case number and then a shipping label. Sent it to the guys in Texas.

That was over 3 weeks ago.

Some tech closed my ticket which was odd. I contacted BB support again and had them follow up on where my device is.

The tech contacted the service center and this was where things got weird.

First he tells me my device is out of warranty. BS I say, it expires in August.
    Then he tells me there's water damage. BS again i say, it was never submerged and I demand proof that the moisture indicators show the damage.

BB rep says the support center will email me directly for "quotes" as well as proof of the damage.
    Again that was over 5 business days ago.

What the heck, and what is going on? I have two weeks of my warranty left and i'm fuming. What recourse do I have?
    I don't know how long one has to make a claim against a credit purchase. Or small claims court?
    08-02-17 03:44 PM
    What recourse do I have?
    Try calling support and demand to speak to a supervisor and keep the names, times and dates of everyone you speak to along the way. Keep your cool because escalating a conflict like this can work against resolving in your favor.

Always ask the name of the person you're speaking to as soon as they answer the call, along with some form of ID such as an extension number, email address or employee number. If none of those is available, ask where they are located.

Keeping diaries like these help in advocating your case later on.

If you paid with a credit card, find out if your credit card offers "extended warranty" and make the claim there.
    08-02-17 05:35 PM