Hi Crackbarrians,

I am still too new to Android and had to wipe my wife's Dtek. During primary setup it could not connect to the Internet by WiFi or cellular for whatever reason and I was never offered the option to restore the device from Google Backup.

Is there any way to do it manually later or do I need to wipe again? In Google Drive I can see the backup but options only allow to wipe the backup. In settings I can activate sync but somehow it does not help and I feel it will wipe the existing at some point.

Thanks for any suggestions! Mike

Posted via CB10
    04-21-18 07:38 AM
    Once you re-initialize your device and enter (login to) your Google account, Google backup and all your previously installed apps should download. The only information that may be lacking is passwords.
    04-21-18 08:42 AM
    That's what I expected, as I wrote that option was not given, as the phone though connected to WiFi and Cellular did not make an Internet connection, I had to continue 'offline'.
    Any way to kick of the restore later or do I need another wipe? Have already restored Whatsapp and reinstalled apps...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-18 09:46 AM