Just saw this and canceled my pre-order shame on you Chen at this rate you Hardware business is dead.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Haha, You canceled your Pre-order because Nextbit Robin is selling for $300?.. Don't let that stuff get to you.. Nextbit Robin is not that good of a phone in comparison to the $300 phones out there.. You're buying a $200 phone + Security that costs an extra $100.. You're not being robbed or anything.. This is BlackBerry and as a user of BB you should know what you're getting.. Don't be swayed by opinions of other people..

Get yourself an Unlocked AT&T Priv for $300, that's a good deal..
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-31-16 06:28 AM
    ...so, welcome to the world of buying a glass slab smartphone. Choice is important, I'm not knocking the slab form (although I still much prefer to use a PKB) but I can't help but observe that there really isn't much to differentiate one from another. If you want to split hairs about them, sure you can, and you will find differences. Fact is though, that most of these devices don't differ all that much. Yes, the DTEK50 is somewhat a rebadged Idol 4... so what? BlackBerry still does have some value add software, and managed to give the phone a pretty different aesthetic by changing the backing texture. If you prefer one over the other, go for it.

You are obviously just little butt-hurt that BlackBerry didn't offer you the best 'budget' phone that as little money possible could buy, or instead the most outrageously specc'd flagship phone that blows all of the others away (and also for the lowest price possisble). But they set out to release a competitive mid-range Android device and that is exactly what they've done in an incredibly smart and low-risk way from a business perspective.

You can trash the device all you want and, surely, many will. If you want it, buy it. If you don't, well, don't... either way, it is a smart move by BlackBerry and I enjoy the fact that they are continuing to push hardware and play the cards they have to stay in the game. Even though this phone looks more 'consumer-friendly', it is still targeting their enterprise customers. The lower cost of manufacturing the device means that BlackBerry can offer some great deals on fleet hardware with new enterprise software contracts. Just because the device doesn't seem like a good deal for you, doesn't make it a stupid move for the company to have made.
    Sairos and CerveloJohn like this.
    07-31-16 06:57 AM
    WTF... what should they do OP so that you'll be satisfied? Dual booth phone with high end specs for free delivered to you personally by John Chen?
    07-31-16 07:01 AM
    People who buy Blackberrys buy more than a spec sheet.

Even though Blackberry hasn't been successful yet charging for the Blackberry experience.
    07-31-16 07:09 AM
    Hello

They should rename Waterloo to DeceptionVille. First, BB has rebranded an old phone and called it new. Second, it sales for 299$ but the startup Nextbit has had a phone out for a while that is more powerful with a fingerprint sensor for 299$

Why would blackberry do such a thing!? Bring up new phones that are new. Allow the user to choose between BB10 and Android on first boot. A lot of people would have liked a Priv running bb10 and a lot of people would have liked a passport running android! Too many engineers spending too much time talking between themselves. Get out of your Waterloo office people, it's 2016. I think some of you haven't seen daylight since 2006...

You obviously don't understand the value of software versus hardware!
    Go buy that unsecured phone with no BlackBerry Productivity Suite of apps and enjoy if none of that matters to you.
    BlackBerry is now only targeting Businesses / Government mainly and consumers are just gravy for them.
    This is a great phone for all 3 groups but the money for BlackBerry is getting the software sales by throwing in some phone at low cost to please their customers (not consumers) that are secure.
    The Oracles' and IBM'S of the world always do this. Hardware has very low margin, Software has huge margin.
    They just want to break even on hardware to feed software sales. This DTEK50 may just do that....

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-31-16 11:38 AM
    Just saw this and canceled my pre-order shame on you Chen at this rate you Hardware business is dead.

Of course you did. The OPPO is misinformed as so many replies have indicated

CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-31-16 11:48 AM
    I do have the nextbit robin now. It's a nice looking phone. But after 3 weeks I'm already bored. Have the hub kinda working in it. But I still miss the fully integrated hub and other BlackBerry productivity apps.

So returning it tomorrow and thinking of ordering one. Already started using my old Z30 and I don't miss a thing. I really wish they've a higher spec device with better camera running bb10!!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 01:00 PM

Why would you cancel over this horrible thread. I have a priv, and am very excited for the new phone! Can't wait for the priv vs dtek50 reviews.

07-31-16 06:13 PM
    Actually there aren't too many engineers talking to each other at BB. Most were laid off.

This is an idol 4 with BB software and security features intended for corporate fleet purchasers.

There is nothing deceptive about that.
    Agree. Totally.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 11:52 PM
    I think op just trolled the lot of you lol
    08-01-16 12:38 AM
    The ol drive by trollin.
    08-01-16 10:37 AM
    Let's be honest a certain company has being doing the same thing for 4 years.. not naming names though. Dtek is a way forward but would love igrann and BlackBerry 10 interface for future phones plus multitasking functions, original ringtones and notification lights..

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 01:42 PM
    I have attended the Electronic Fair in Hong Kong for several years and seen constant improvements to where there are some nice Chinese phones being offered now. The major problem is that most offer older android os and seldom ever offer a software update. If you want basic phone features then go these off brands. If you want updates and security updates then stay with a company like BlackBerry
    08-01-16 03:33 PM
    Hello

They should rename Waterloo to DeceptionVille. First, BB has rebranded an old phone and called it new. Second, it sales for 299$ but the startup Nextbit has had a phone out for a while that is more powerful with a fingerprint sensor for 299$

Whatever drugs your on, you should stop taking it.

Deception, re branded old phone? You've been reading too many article thats bashing blackberry.

Last edited by auditman; 08-05-16 at 04:46 AM.
    08-04-16 10:56 PM
    BlackBerry support more than just secure hardware and software.

They also promise continuous support through monthly security update with the zero day patch policy.

No other phone manufacturer have such support.

Posted via CB10
    auditman likes this.
    08-05-16 12:44 AM
40 12