Hello I've been using a DTEK 50 for 3 days now and been having problems with mobile data not connecting after leaving wifi. Everything is set up properly, but the only way I can get it to work again is by switching from 4G to 2G and then back again.

Anyone know what to do?
    06-30-17 05:28 PM
    Hello I've been using a DTEK 50 for 3 days now and been having problems with mobile data not connecting after leaving wifi. Everything is set up properly, but the only way I can get it to work again is by switching from 4G to 2G and then back again.

Anyone know what to do?
    Data enabled in your network settings? If you have LTE the optimum setting should be LTE/4G/3G. I don't so my setting is 4G/3G.

You may need to call your carrier and test. Maybe a sim change could solve your problem.
    06-30-17 06:10 PM
    Data enabled in your network settings? If you have LTE the optimum setting should be LTE/4G/3G. I don't so my setting is 4G/3G.

You may need to call your carrier and test. Maybe a sim change could solve your problem.
    Yes I have all networks and great coverage but the phone isn't switching automatically between LTE H+ and 3G, even though it is set to do so. I have to manually force 2G then set it back so it finds the right network frequency. If I can't figure this out I will have to return it.
    06-30-17 06:51 PM
    Carrier? Part of country?
    06-30-17 07:32 PM
    Carrier? Part of country?
    O2 Germany, Berlin. It's not a network problem it's a software one, I've never had a problem with them or other Smartphones.
    06-30-17 11:49 PM
    Contact your carrier and double check settings with them, replace SIM card. If that fails, return device. I have DTEK50 on AT&T here in the USA with no problem switching between data speeds.
    07-01-17 07:05 AM
    +1 on Chuck's post.
    07-01-17 08:44 AM
    Yes, it's a sim issue. Most carriers will do that for free.
    07-01-17 08:50 PM
    Contact your carrier and double check settings with them, replace SIM card. If that fails, return device. I have DTEK50 on AT&T here in the USA with no problem switching between data speeds.
    It's the same Sim that I had in my Leap before with no problems, the sim is also only 4 months old. It has to be an os/hardware issue. It was a Warehouse Deal with 30 day return... maybe this is why the previous owner returned it.
    07-02-17 04:14 AM
    * Update* problem solved, it's a Android 6.0.1 bug where the APN is falsely configured. did a APN reset / update and now everything works... at least for now ;-)

Thanks for the brainstorming help though guys.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-02-17 05:28 AM
    07-03-17 07:54 PM
    Managed to solve it too.
    My girlfriend had a similar problem - data services where turned on, the network was well visible, nothing had changed carrier-wise in the preceding days/weeks etc, and yet whenever she left WiFi zone, she would no longer have Internet.
    I read this thread (and am thankful to the author for hinting at the root of the problem), I restored apn settings to default, took out the sim card and put it back in, and the issue was solved.
    10-15-17 02:01 AM
    * Update* problem solved, it's a Android 6.0.1 bug where the APN is falsely configured. did a APN reset / update and now everything works... at least for now ;-)

Thanks for the brainstorming help though guys.
    What did you do specifically to reset your APN? Just asking in case it ever happens to me.
    10-22-17 05:04 PM