I'm having an issue with the camera not storing pictures on the SD card despite the setting being too store on SD card and the card being formatted as portable storage
    10-15-17 11:33 AM
    Have you checked the contents of the DCIM folder on your SD card?
    10-20-17 08:38 PM
    Have you checked the contents of the DCIM folder on your SD card?
    Thanks for the help not sure what I'd be looking for?
    10-23-17 11:30 PM
    Thanks for the help not sure what I'd be looking for?
    First, the best way to look at your files is to install a file manager app like Solid Explorer or the free ASUS File Manager from the Play Store.

As with a dedicated camera, the camera app on your phone stores your pictures in a folder called DCIM.

You should see it at the top level of both your Internal Memory and your SD Card. Using a file manager app you should see a folder called Camera inside the DCIM folder.

Open the Camera folder and you should see your picture files. You might also want to install an image gallery app such as Piktures which will make it easier to find, view, and organize your pictures.
    rocnrol likes this.
    10-24-17 04:43 PM
    First, the best way to look at your files is to install a file manager app like Solid Explorer or the free ASUS File Manager from the Play Store.

As with a dedicated camera, the camera app on your phone stores your pictures in a folder called DCIM.

You should see it at the top level of both your Internal Memory and your SD Card. Using a file manager app you should see a folder called Camera inside the DCIM folder.

Open the Camera folder and you should see your picture files. You might also want to install an image gallery app such as Piktures which will make it easier to find, view, and organize your pictures.
    Ok....so I did all this, and I didn't see anything that would show why the phone saves pictures to the internal storage rather than the SD card, despite having the settings at, save pictures to SD card
    10-30-17 02:44 PM
    The reason why you're having this issue is because of encryption. You need to format the memory card as internal memory which would encrypt it. It is currently likely seen as removeable storage

Back up the contents of that memory card before performing the following because it WILL wipe it:

Settings > Storage & USB > Select the memory card > Tap the 3-dot menu button at top right > "Format as internal"

Now you can specify the memory card as useable storage by the camera
    11-08-17 10:01 PM
    The reason why you're having this issue is because of encryption. You need to format the memory card as internal memory which would encrypt it. It is currently likely seen as removeable storage

Back up the contents of that memory card before performing the following because it WILL wipe it:

Settings > Storage & USB > Select the memory card > Tap the 3-dot menu button at top right > "Format as internal"

Now you can specify the memory card as useable storage by the camera
    No you don't have to do this for pictures to save on your SD card. In fact, I would recommend against using it as internal storage unless you have a very high quality and high speed card.
    11-08-17 10:23 PM
    No you don't have to do this for pictures to save on your SD card. In fact, I would recommend against using it as internal storage unless you have a very high quality and high speed card.
    Good advice.
    11-16-17 08:22 PM