I like it but ordered the idol 4 from tesco direct UK for189 pound

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    That's actually a pretty good buy. Just load the BB services on there and you're good to go.
    07-30-16 11:29 AM
    That's actually a pretty good buy. Just load the BB services on there and you're good to go.
    Exactly what I have done!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-16 02:27 PM
    I am waiting for a new PKB device from BlackBerry!

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    07-30-16 06:45 PM
    I am waiting for a new PKB device from BlackBerry!

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    With bb10 or lagdroid except if it's with BlackBerry launcher. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 07:21 PM
    Can not see buying the DTEK. And unimpressed by the build and the keyboard of the PRIV.

As for buying another BB phone, if any, it would be more Q's to add to my stock. Or perhaps a PD equivalent for the fun of it. However, am in a quandary as I do not like the blue dot and am still using BB10.2.xxxx
    07-31-16 08:16 AM
    Still feel betrayed how the Passport never gave us a possibility to run a full Android. And the partial commitment from Blackberry towards the Android Runtime on OS10 is all but abandoned, matter of fact, at the time of writing, it is still based on an Android 4.3...
    "Betrayed"? You bought a BB10 device that works precisely as advertised. Why do you feel it should now suddenly run a completely different operating system?

As I'm sure you're aware, even if BlackBerry wanted to, or even had the resources to, update the Android Runtime, they are prevented from doing so by the OHA.
    Last edited by conite; 07-31-16 at 09:38 AM.
    Sairos, Joey Hutchison and Jrox74 like this.
    07-31-16 09:09 AM
    My faith in Blackberry is ailing, and fast. Still feel betrayed how the Passport never gave us a possibility to run a full Android.
    Such big words to describe how you feel about your phone's brand.. Be grateful it runs Android.. Windows users are not getting anything but Windows.
    07-31-16 09:31 AM
    I am very surprised is a Idol 4 with Blackberrys name on it! I canceled my order when I found this out.

07-31-16 12:32 PM
    I am very surprised is a Idol 4 with Blackberrys name on it! I canceled my order when I found this out.

If you think the only change was a logo, then we are very far apart on what we want in a smartphone. What BlackBerry delivers for $100 extra is more than worth it. As Thurber explained, BlackBerry security is injected both into the software AND into the hardware on the production line. Plus the apps and monthly security updates make this a good value in my books.
    Avenzuno and Jrox74 like this.
    07-31-16 02:31 PM
    Yeah.. it's technically jot an idol 4...

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 09:45 PM
    Yeah.. it's technically jot an idol 4...

Posted via CB10
    Just base hardware specs actually. Security and BlackBerry software are the big differences.

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    07-31-16 09:56 PM
    Sorry I didn't read the whole thread first.
    I won't leave BlackBerry unless I am sure they will stop manufacturing any new BlackBerry 10 devices.
    My Passport, Classic, and Q10 still do everything I need them to do. Perhaps Q10 is slower in many ways, but it does have an advantage in size when you need to hang out all day, I mean more than 12 hours without a decent place for a rest.
    It is not that I don't support BlackBerry on their going Android. It is a business decision, and that is it. I don't really mind. I don't like it but I can live with it.
    But I will jump ship to Android only when I have to.
    The day will come when BlackBerry 10 can't satisfy me or what it does poorly means to me more than what it does well. For now, it is the camera.
    So the conclusion is here, DTEK50 is not for me. I would like to recommend it to my friends, but I am not getting one.

Posted via CB10
    Joey Hutchison likes this.
    07-31-16 11:49 PM
    BB10 is dead. Only maintenance updates for it. Move on.

*A3-A20
    BB10 is dead!!? Really?? And you are using a 9900. Tsk tsk.

🔥 📶
    07-31-16 11:55 PM
    The Idol 4 almost have the same specs like the DTEK, but there are difference in the chipset and combined with the kernel it's tuned , more ram , sim-card , another screen and bettersdcardslot. You also can download the apps but it doesn't works like the full 100% like it did on the Priv, I tested it on a samsung and nexus. On the nexus it works better but still.

Myself I keep my Passport but I pre-order the phone for replacement from my wife's here Z30. She using it only for social media, email and sometimes a picture.

O BB10 is not dead yet but in coma and it could take a while but I still think with a new Android Runtime that they could do a launch with the name BBOS12
    Last edited by whatsever; 08-01-16 at 11:43 AM.
    fanBBRY and Jrox74 like this.
    08-01-16 02:39 AM
    If I buy another BlackBerry it must be a phone actually designed by the folks in Waterloo, not by Alcatel or another OEM.

It must also have a physical keyboard.

And must be running BB10.

And it must have a name that doesn't make people say "what does that even mean?" when you tell them what it is.

So no, I will definitely NOT be getting a DTEK50.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    08-01-16 07:29 AM
    BB10 is dead!!? Really?? And you are using a 9900. Tsk tsk.

🔥 📶
    Lol I've long accepted that BBOS is a dead platform. Doesn't mean that the handset itself is useless.
    9900 is a superb work tool that excellently covers the smartphone basics (calls/sms/emails).
    If you wish to stick with BB10 devices, then by all means do so. Just learn to accept its limitations. Don't cry us a river when the browser and/or apps increasingly keep acting up.

*A3-A20
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 08-01-16 at 10:52 AM.
    08-01-16 10:16 AM
    If I buy another BlackBerry it must be a phone actually designed by the folks in Waterloo, not by Alcatel or another OEM.

And it must have a name that doesn't make people say "what does that even mean?" when you tell them what it is.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    Well, you may need to accept that BlackBerry will be outsourcing most of the base design going forward expect for maybe their Keyboard devices but even then most of it will be done by outsourcing design and manufacturing.
    They still have to approve final design and make secure.
    I have zero problem with this if it produces a great phone that most will be pleased with and help BlackBerry overall be more successful on the software side of business.

08-01-16 10:44 AM
    Waitng for keyboard. Blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 01:39 PM
    Well, you may need to accept that BlackBerry will be outsourcing most of the base design going forward expect for maybe their Keyboard devices but even then most of it will be done by outsourcing design and manufacturing.
    They still have to approve final design and make secure.
    I have zero problem with this if it produces a great phone that most will be pleased with and help BlackBerry overall be more successful on the software side of business.

I know this is the direction things are going and I understand why it's happening.

I know my preferences are very "niche".

One of the many things I have enjoyed about using a BlackBerry phone is that in addition to having software and functionality that is uniquely BlackBerry, the phones themselves actually LOOK uniquely BlackBerry - especially those with physical keyboards.

You can see someone using a Bold 9900, Q10, Classic, or Passport from across a room and know their phone is a BlackBerry. It's a little more difficult with a Leap, Z30 or Z10, as the all-touch candy-bar form factor is ubiquitous today, but upon a little closer inspection it's easy to tell they are not iPhones and are unlike any other Android phone out there due to their distinct design and the way the OS looks and functions.

But with the DTEK50? From the front or the side it is just another Android phone. Unless you're looking right at the very understated BlackBerry logo on the back, you'd have no idea it was even a BlackBerry phone. Maybe If you could see the screen you might spot the user working in the Hub or using DTEK (the software), but by then you have gone from casual observer to stalker trying to figure out what phone they have.

There is too little of BlackBerry in the DTEK50 for me. It is lost in the sea of sameness that is Android.
    08-01-16 03:01 PM
    "Betrayed"? You bought a BB10 device that works precisely as advertised. Why do you feel it should now suddenly run a completely different operating system?

As I'm sure you're aware, even if BlackBerry wanted to, or even had the resources to, update the Android Runtime, they are prevented from doing so by the OHA.
    I am not sure how you communicate with your friends or whether you use your bb10 device as often as I do, but as far as I'm concerned, almost every communication app I had is by now useless. Only whatsapp and my Gmail remain, and whatsapp will croak on me after xmas. Communications tool my arse...
    08-22-16 05:07 PM

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    So in other words, you're leaving us. When did you say that would be again?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 05:17 PM
    So in other words, you're leaving us. When did you say that would be again?

Posted via CB10
    Already gone. iPhone SE.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    08-24-16 01:45 PM
    Already gone. iPhone SE.
    What made you go to the SE? I've already got an SE and can't decide whether to keep my SE or not. I like what Blackberry have done but the battery life is killing me. I'm having to charge it 2-3 times per day (admittedly a heavy user) but 2-3 charges a day isn't sustainable.
    08-24-16 02:11 PM
    Already gone. iPhone SE.
    So Blackberry dumped you for Android so you got even by dating IOS. So each time you come by CrackBerry, are you just like driving by the old place, having a difficult time letting go? Hardest part is accepting Blackberry is ok that you've moved on....LOL

tstrike34 likes this.
    08-24-16 02:14 PM
    What made you go to the SE? I've already got an SE and can't decide whether to keep my SE or not. I like what Blackberry have done but the battery life is killing me. I'm having to charge it 2-3 times per day (admittedly a heavy user) but 2-3 charges a day isn't sustainable.
    I went to the SE for several reasons. I got $100 off on a Verizon promo, so I only paid $299 for it. I like that the SE is basically a 6S crammed into a 5S/5 form factor. The size is PERFECT. I don't feel like I'm holding a tablet up to my face when I'm on the phone and it's easy to use with one hand.

It's FAST. It has double the CPU power and triple the GPU power of a 5S. Touch ID makes it really easy to keep the phone secure, yet access it quickly when I need to. The camera is fantastic. The battery life is amazing - easily lasts me through an entire day with plenty to spare. Apple Pay is great. All the iCloud services are great.

And, of course, apps.
    08-24-16 04:14 PM
82 1234