Just out of curiosity, are you guys planning on leaving BlackBerry or wait for (mercury)

Or argon.. although I think it won't be out..
    Or would you guys maybe buy a new bb10 device in 2017..

Also, Android authority is really trying to kill BlackBerry..

Leave a comment what device your planing to buy from BlackBerry, or if your leaving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 07-30-16 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language
    07-29-16 08:43 AM
    I don't like Iphone, like Android but hesitated buying because of Security issues. But I shall buy the Dtek50
    07-29-16 08:46 AM
    I just got a Priv, and my Passport still works good (as does the several previous generations I still have in a box). I'm staying.

But no, the DTEK 50 is not in my future. PKB is the only way to go for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    Joey Hutchison likes this.
    07-29-16 08:47 AM
    Love PKB, love my Q10, will step forward with BlackBerry PKB into the Android world, but will hesitate to go without BlackBerry hardware/phone

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 08:53 AM
    I was holding for a BB10 but chances of another one is slim so not sure what i will do
    07-29-16 08:58 AM
    It's okay...BlackBerry has been making a lot of phones keeping US (BlackBerry enthusiasts) in mind. This time it's a phone for the rest of the world. Wait for the Mercury/Rome. BlackBerry has to survive to keep making those absolutely awesome devices and a couple of Dteks is required for it. No sweat!!

I have found love in the Passport and will be buying one every quarter.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:47 AM
    Yeah.. BlackBerry is trying hard to make us happy but everyone is mad..

BTW happy to hear people are committed to buying BlackBerrys's! I will definitely buy mercury. Plus it designed by BlackBerry... that's what BlackBerry fans want.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:50 AM
    I don't like Iphone, like Android but hesitated buying because of Security issues. But I shall buy the Dtek50
    It's OK BlackBerry will release android nougat secured by BlackBerry's secret sauce.

But this is bad news.. that mean BlackBerry won't be superior in security os... I hope Google doesn't take all credit.. and give the majority to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:53 AM
    I was holding for a BB10 but chances of another one is slim so not sure what i will do
    2017 is the best chance of bb10 device...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:55 AM
    I still believe BlackBerry10 won't die soon. It's a near perfect OS. Every os requires updates but this is something else. Passport is so much ahead of its time. So I've just learned to Keep Calm and trust ! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 10:02 AM
    The only reason to buy this phone would be for the price. I don't dislike it, I just avoid mid level to low end Android phones because they can't keep up.
    07-29-16 10:04 AM
    Roma for the future.. Meanwhile, I'm thinking Priv.. Lets see how it goes.. Rome might be coming sooner than we expected, which was originally 2017..
    07-29-16 11:11 AM
    Dtek 50 is out with Android. Lemme ask yu BlackBerry?, did yu try this with BlackBerry 10? No, you haven't. Though the soc of Dtek 50 is midrange, the specs are compelling for a $299 device. Only BB10 devices launched within this price range was Z3(Jakarta) which was having mediocre specs. If they had launched a $299 BB10 device with similar specs of Dtek 50 when Passport was launched, many all touch BB10 users may have upgraded to that. BlackBerry was not releasing new devices with competing price, else there would have been more users. Instead of Leap with same specs of Z30, could have done this earlier. When it comes to BlackBerry, what ever I would say might be "could've done" . Now there are still folks using all touch BB10 devices looking for an upgrade. Dont say Leap is an upgrade, provide us an option to run BB10 autoloaders for the BlackBerry Droid devices in the market. As long as Android is a part of Google, security and privacy is risked. Googles policies shall not allow BlackBerry to replace all Google services with that of BlackBerrys.
    keliew and melander like this.
    07-29-16 11:14 AM
    Dtek 50 is out with Android. Lemme ask yu BlackBerry?, did yu try this with BlackBerry 10? No, you haven't. Though the soc of Dtek 50 is midrange, the specs are compelling for a $299 device. Only BB10 devices launched within this price range was Z3(Jakarta) which was having mediocre specs. If they had launched a $299 BB10 device with similar specs of Dtek 50 when Passport was launched, many all touch BB10 users may have upgraded to that. BlackBerry was not releasing new devices with competing price, else there would have been more users. Instead of Leap with same specs of Z30, could have done this earlier. When it comes to BlackBerry, what ever I would say might be "could've done" . Now there are still folks using all touch BB10 devices looking for an upgrade. Dont say Leap is an upgrade, provide us an option to run BB10 autoloaders for the BlackBerry Droid devices in the market. As long as Android is a part of Google, security and privacy is risked. Googles policies shall not allow BlackBerry to replace all Google services with that of BlackBerrys.
    BB10 is dead. Only maintenance updates for it. Move on.

*A3-A20
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    07-29-16 11:21 AM
    Sorry, can't find a reason to not like.

After years of BlackBerry my last 3 years were. Z10, Z30, iPhone 6, Priv, now DTEK50

iPhone was a nightmare for professional productivity. (Nice hair though!) Canadians will get that.. plus I am anti "closed source" software.
    I liked the Priv a lot and all the things Android is about. But I don't use the PKB, curved screen is annoying sometimes and crappy front camera. I use a ton of apps including all BlackBerry apps. I don't play games but watch NHL games on phone so DTEK50 should be a perfect fit!

I loved my Z30 but that was a app issue without Google Services.

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    fanBBRY likes this.
    07-29-16 11:48 AM
    I have a Priv. Will stay with it until I decide on my next BlackBerry. If the front facing Camera was better, I would keep this phone for longer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-29-16 11:51 AM
    Sorry, can't find a reason to not like.

After years of BlackBerry my last 3 years were. Z10, Z30, iPhone 6, Priv, now DTEK50

iPhone was a nightmare for professional productivity. (Nice hair though!) Canadians will get that.. plus I am anti "closed source" software.
    I liked the Priv a lot and all the things Android is about. But I don't use the PKB, curved screen is annoying sometimes and crappy front camera. I use a ton of apps including all BlackBerry apps. I don't play games but watch NHL games on phone so DTEK50 should be a perfect fit!

I loved my Z30 but that was a app issue without Google Services.

Its funny that you think the iPhone is a nightmare for professional productivity but that you somehow find that Android is ahead of it in that respect. I'd bet money that if Blackberry partnered with Apple that you'd suddenly be singing the praises of the iPhone's productivity powers.
    ck2nb likes this.
    07-29-16 12:52 PM
    plus I am anti "closed source" software.
    But BlackBerry operating systems (OS, PlayBook, and 10) and most software are closed source as well?
    ck2nb and melander like this.
    07-29-16 01:24 PM
    Its funny that you think the iPhone is a nightmare for professional productivity but that you somehow find that Android is ahead of it in that respect. I'd bet money that if Blackberry partnered with Apple that you'd suddenly be singing the praises of the iPhone's productivity powers.
    I would only praise if Hub, calendar and contacts were integrated into iOs.
    It is because of the Hub integration with your file manager, contacts and calendar etc. Too many extra touches to find, attach and send docs. Not to mention extra steps to adding contacts and sending calendar invites.
    Up until iOs 9 you could not attach a saved document on a return email to someone. Welcome to 2005 iOs! The keyboard also makes it very difficult to craft longer professional emails. Auto Correct just makes it too long of a process to keep correcting words.
    On a personal fun part of phone. why does App store and iTunes need to be separate? Again, time consuming and has not changed for the better in 7 years.

07-29-16 01:31 PM
    But BlackBerry operating systems (OS, PlayBook, and 10) and most software are closed source as well?
    Exactly, thus why I left BB10/iPhone and won't go back. Open Source Android, even though it was behind Apple for years due to later start, it is now surpassing it in functionality and will continue to do so. So many more customizable things you can do with Marshmallow than that of BB10 or iOs.

It's all about the community in Open Source, anyone gets to contribute

07-29-16 01:37 PM
    Personally, I've been waiting for a great BB device that stays true to the iconic form of the 9900/Classic. I'm not sure what the Argon is (Vienna? [Which became Rome?]) but just waiting on something that matches that great keyboard style. Not the Passport/PRIV style physical keyboard.
    07-29-16 01:45 PM
    BB10 is dead. Only maintenance updates for it. Move on.

*A3-A20
    Yes, I think its high time we Accept this and make the move. I personally think a secured BlackBerry Android is an excellent choice.
    07-29-16 01:58 PM
    Just out of curiosity, are you guys planning on leaving BlackBerry or wait for (mercury)

Or argon.. although I think it won't be out..
    Or would you guys maybe buy a new bb10 device in 2017..

Also, Android authority is really trying to kill BlackBerry.. azz holes

Leave a comment what device your planing to buy from BlackBerry, or if your leaving BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    None of the above. I know there are a lot of fortune-tellers here that "know" that BB10 is dead, but the BB staff, who has nothing to gain by saying otherwise, has said that it's not off the table. Think about it, if they say BB10 is dead, what do they lose? The second newest BB10 cannot be manufactured anymore due to the chipsets no longer being produced, so they don't have to worry about "losing" BB10 sales, and by making that announcement they kind of boost their Android device sales by BB loyalists.

So really, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain to simply announce BB10 is dead, but they don't. So I do believe what they say is true. Not that there definitely will be another BB10 device, but there still might be. I'll wait until it is official that BB10 is dead. I don't like to pretend to know more than anyone else. I know a lot of people here feels better about themselves if they speak positively about something just because they feel that chances are they are correct. They could be right, they could be wrong, but I'll leave the fortune-telling to them.

For right now, my Classic still works like a charm, so I'll stick to it, again, until it dies, and I can't get another one, and they announce no more BB10 devices. But until all of those situations happen, I'll be using this Classic. If/when that time comes, I definitely would be waiting for the Android phone with a physical keyboard. Not a fan of typos or autocorrect fails. And love being able to type without looking.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Jrox74, mk2234, falbo and 2 others like this.
    07-29-16 02:23 PM
    The love you get when you defend BlackBerry !! <3
    People who don't like DTEK50-img_20160729_154110.png

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 02:42 PM
    Roma for the future.. Meanwhile, I'm thinking Priv.. Lets see how it goes.. Rome might be coming sooner than we expected, which was originally 2017..
    What makes you think the Rome device is coming sooner than we expected?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 02:45 PM
82 123 ...