Checking this forum, I do not see the howls of outrage at the clicky, squishy, overheating, incredibly poor quality control that was the Priv. I see people who are going; "Wow, this is a really nice phone". The quibbles are really very minor things in the grand scheme of things, no one here is saying that they were on their fourth, fifth, or sixth Priv before they got a "good one". Could Blackberry have finally found the "secret sauce" to making phones that work (and last) with few QC issues? Perhaps pulling an Apple, i.e. Foxconn, is the way to go, since Blackberry never really seems to get either quality control or customer service quite right.

I have nothing but praise for the DTEK50, and I look forward to many more months of great service. I like it so much I am lobbying my work to adopt it instead of the iPhone 6s. All it needs is a really good case (I am really rough on phones at my job, although unlike a co-worker, I have never had my phone slip out of a pocket onto a decomposing body). Perhaps this is going to be the secret of success for Blackberry.
    10-19-16 06:08 AM
    They have been using the Apple model before this. Now they are using the Google model and hands off the designing as well.
    10-19-16 06:10 AM
    Checking this forum, I do not see the howls of outrage at the clicky, squishy, overheating, incredibly poor quality control that was the Priv. I see people who are going; "Wow, this is a really nice phone". The quibbles are really very minor things in the grand scheme of things, no one here is saying that they were on their fourth, fifth, or sixth Priv before they got a "good one". Could Blackberry have finally found the "secret sauce" to making phones that work (and last) with few QC issues? Perhaps pulling an Apple, i.e. Foxconn, is the way to go, since Blackberry never really seems to get either quality control or customer service quite right.

I have nothing but praise for the DTEK50, and I look forward to many more months of great service. I like it so much I am lobbying my work to adopt it instead of the iPhone 6s. All it needs is a really good case (I am really rough on phones at my job, although unlike a co-worker, I have never had my phone slip out of a pocket onto a decomposing body). Perhaps this is going to be the secret of success for Blackberry.
    Its surprising what some people keep in the trunk of their car Glad to hear the phone is working out ok for you.
    10-19-16 07:39 AM
    Its surprising what some people keep in the trunk of their car Glad to hear the phone is working out ok for you.
    Funny..just 2 days ago I was at the grocery store and when I was walking to my car I noticed a dummy arm and hand sticking out of somebody's trunk. Halloween gag. Made for a nice yuk. 👺

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-19-16 08:23 PM

At my work I make sure I stay as far away from decomposing bodies as I can lol. If I have to get near one I make sure the pocket my phone is in is closed lol. Call the coroner before I touch anything. I like my priv by the way
    10-19-16 09:11 PM
    This phone and BlackBerry's take on Android just keeps improving with each update. I noticed today that the calendar update now has the actual date. Small thing but very cool. If BlackBerry keep this up they will become one of the better Android OEM's and quickly.

The DTEK50
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-20-16 10:43 AM
    Maybe this has been asked before but anybody knows how the phone is doing in terms of sales?
    10-20-16 11:21 AM
    Maybe this has been asked before but anybody knows how the phone is doing in terms of sales?
    Only BlackBerry knows for sure.
    10-20-16 04:37 PM
    Aren't decomposing bodies soft? A simple Ziploc baggie should do the trick! :P
    10-20-16 05:13 PM
    Yes, but you never know when you will have one show up....

Aren't decomposing bodies soft? A simple Ziploc baggie should do the trick! :P
    10-20-16 08:07 PM
    The only two quibbles I have, are: a) Cases, I really like Otterbox or UAG, a small nit to pick. b) I like all metal phones like the HTC series. Again a small nit to pick.
    sethr likes this.
    10-29-16 10:52 AM
    The only two quibbles I have, are: a) Cases, I really like Otterbox or UAG, a small nit to pick. b) I like all metal phones like the HTC series. Again a small nit to pick.
    You're right. Some choice in cases would be nice, but we need to get some units moving out the door so case manufacturers will step up.
    10-30-16 12:26 AM
    You should get a TPU bumper case for it. I have one and it's ACES! Fits like a snug glove and adds almost no weight to the phone. Very nice
    10-30-16 05:02 PM
    Well, it is officially dead. My new DTEK50 went into the toilet, courtesy of my youngest daughter who "borrowed" it to play a game on it because she let her iPhone die. She had it in her back pocket when she went to the restroom, and you can guess the rest.... [insert lots of bad language here]. As a result her new iPhone 7 became MY backup phone for the next several weeks. She is back to a "flip phone", and is threatening to not carry a phone at all since it is a social disaster to have a flip phone.
    11-02-16 06:35 AM
    Well, it is officially dead. My new DTEK50 went into the toilet, courtesy of my youngest daughter who "borrowed" it to play a game on it because she let her iPhone die. She had it in her back pocket when she went to the restroom, and you can guess the rest.... [insert lots of bad language here]. As a result her new iPhone 7 became MY backup phone for the next several weeks. She is back to a "flip phone", and is threatening to not carry a phone at all since it is a social disaster to have a flip phone.
    Ouch, Mine survived a dip in a creek a couple of months ago. I must have been lucky.
    11-04-16 01:56 AM