My DTEK50 is out of space, "free up storage or device may malfunction", + the math does not add up on the native storage apps or the few other apps I download, 15.37G used of 16G. Does not matter if I delete pictures, it's always out of space, like a log file is filling up the storage all the time.

I run BES on it, maybe that's where it's filling???

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Out of storage space - Does not add up-screenshot_20170821-154048.jpg  
    08-21-17 03:57 PM
    You could try and download this, see if it can pinpoint where the device thinks the storage is going - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d..._tools.mydrive
    08-21-17 04:06 PM
    My DTEK50 is out of space, "free up storage or device may malfunction", + the math does not add up on the native storage apps or the few other apps I download, 15.37G used of 16G. Does not matter if I delete pictures, it's always out of space, like a log file is filling up the storage all the time.

Any help appreciated.
    I'm sure the OS takes some place as well out of the 16 GB. So around 9 GB should be the usable space for the user.

Use an SD card.

Do make sure one which actually is the best suited for this phone such as the Samsung EVO+ U1 Class 10 cards.
    08-21-17 04:20 PM

Any help appreciated.
    Use an SD card to move all images and most of the apps towards the SD card and that should free up a lot of space.

Do use the SD card as adoptable storage and it should be all good from thereon.
    sethr likes this.
    08-21-17 04:23 PM
    I'm sure the OS takes some place as well out of the 16 GB. So around 9 GB should be the usable space for the user.

Use an SD card.

Do make sure one which actually is the best suited for this phone such as the Samsung EVO+ U1 Class 10 cards.
    I don't like it, but for a 16GB device in 2017.... good SD Card and Adoptable Storage is pretty much a must.
    08-21-17 04:28 PM
    I don't like it, but for a 16GB device in 2017.... good SD Card and Adoptable Storage is pretty much a must.
    Yup neither do I but the same goes for an iPhone or other Android phones which have 16GB.

Thankfully we have the option of expansion.
    08-21-17 04:56 PM
    SD Card it is, but it should not be that complicated to interpret the results and numbers should add up. Thanks all!
    sashah666 likes this.
    08-25-17 11:04 AM
    Use a file manager app like that from Asus which provides a more detailed breakdown.
    08-25-17 04:33 PM
    SD Card it is, but it should not be that complicated to interpret the results and numbers should add up. Thanks all!
    Apologies for the delayed response. Hope this message does help you and I'm not too late.

Apparently there is some special SD card required for the SD card to act as an internal memory. What I mean by that is that the SD card will be merged with the internal memory to act as one memory rather than it being a separate drive and the internal a separate which is how usually it is. But not with this new Android OS option which is in the dtek50.

Not that complicated but there are some specific SD cards which work with this and not just any.

As much as I remember someone mentioned in the other threads that the SD should be a class 10 with the letter U which has digit 1 inside it.

So search the threads for SD card dtek50. A lot of reviews of the tried and tested cards.
    09-19-17 03:58 PM