swiping left does not bring on the other screens....i somehow disabled it?
    05-25-17 09:51 AM
    swiping left does not bring on the other screens....i somehow disabled it?
    If there's nothing on a homescreen page, it disappears. If you move something to it again, it will reappear.
    big_time2 likes this.
    05-25-17 10:24 AM
    Thanks for the post. But what I need to find out is how to create a new screen. When I received the new device I could swipe left and two other screens would be there.
    05-25-17 11:41 AM
    Just drag an icon over the left edge and deposit it in the new screen.
    Mirko935 and big_time2 like this.
    05-25-17 11:47 AM
    Have tried and tried again.... No luck... apparently there is no screen to move into
    05-25-17 01:47 PM
    Have tried and tried again.... No luck... apparently there is no screen to move into
    just drag an icon off the right side of your screen. It will create a second page.
    big_time2 likes this.
    05-25-17 02:05 PM
    Have you perhaps installed another launcher which doesn't do that automatically?
    05-25-17 02:11 PM
    Drag a icon to the right to create new screens. Then press and hold an empty spot on the screen to rearrange the screens as you wish (such as dragging it over to the left side) and also you can select which screen to make as your home screen.
    05-25-17 02:17 PM
    Not sure...... Like what kind?
    05-25-17 07:30 PM
    Have tried....nothing happens... icon stays in screen it is
    05-25-17 07:32 PM
    Just tried it again . . . . worked! I guess I was impatient.... Thanks guys!
    Mirko935 and big_time2 like this.
    05-25-17 07:34 PM
    Well done fella. I too find that some apps just bounce back to their original screen. It's having fat fingers I think. They do go over regardless eventually 😉
    05-26-17 05:28 AM
    I just didn't know I had to hold the icon at the screen edge for a few seconds for it to work....still learning this phone... I had the leap for 2 years so its a bit of a challenge... but fun!!
    05-26-17 10:07 AM
    This could be a related question:
    I like to put my apps in folders, but I find it really difficult to get a new app to "stick" in the desired folder. I find myself chasing the folder around the screen!!
    Sometimes, if I move the folder to a new location, then the app will catch up to it and jump in.
    Actually, I find it pretty funny, except when I am in a hurry. LOL
    Is there a trick?

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 05-30-17 at 05:40 PM.
    falbo likes this.
    05-26-17 07:13 PM
    Is there a trick?
    I've noticed this behavior on several unrelated Android devices, so it seems to be an issue that occurs not infrequently.

I have done what you alluded to, move the icon to a different page, and flip pages back and forth. Sometimes I will "test" the icon by trying to insert it into a different folder, not actually completing the action. When it want to accept the insert, I then go back to the original folder.

I've not seen a satisfactory explanation for this behavior and perhaps your opening the topic again might bring some insights into what causes it to happen.

I'll be watching to see if something can be learned from this.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    05-30-17 05:33 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, and that it's not just my Dtek50.

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>
    05-30-17 05:38 PM
    I wonder if the erratic behavior seen in folder creation may be a function of the launcher in use.

I don't have a good understanding of how launchers differ, and would be interested in feedback from other members who may have insights into the differences , benefits and disadvantages of launchers.
    05-31-17 06:52 AM
    I wonder if the erratic behavior seen in folder creation may be a function of the launcher in use.

I don't have a good understanding of how launchers differ, and would be interested in feedback from other members who may have insights into the differences , benefits and disadvantages of launchers.
    Try a couple and see for yourself. The usual suggestions would be Nova, Apex... I swear by Next, and this Linux CLI is something totally different.
    There are many others, of course, just write "launcher" into the Google Play search and you'll see.
    Ethynil likes this.
    05-31-17 01:56 PM
    Try a couple and see for yourself.
    When a different launcher downloaded and installed, does that remove /disable the currently installed launcher?

How do I preserve the current launcher, in case I don't want/like the new launcher?

What is the name of the default launcher installed on the DTEK50?

Stephen
    06-01-17 06:09 AM
    When a different launcher downloaded and installed, does that remove /disable the currently installed launcher?

How do I preserve the current launcher, in case I don't want/like the new launcher?

What is the name of the default launcher installed on the DTEK50?

Stephen
    No. As with any other type of app, you get to choose the default one, upon installation and later under Settings > Home. You can have as many as you wish inszalled and no settings get lost. However, you'll have to configure the new one, widget and shortcut placement etc. generally don't get transferred between different ones.

The default one is called BlackBerry Launcher.
    06-01-17 06:30 AM
    Try a couple and see for yourself. The usual suggestions would be Nova, Apex... I swear by Next, and this Linux CLI is something totally different.
    There are many others, of course, just write "launcher" into the Google Play search and you'll see.
    Next launcher looks pretty cool, and pretty expensive ($16.99). Also complicated? Tempted to do the trial, but not ready to spend that much on my Dtek50. Running out of room for apps anyway.
    06-01-17 08:26 AM
    Next launcher looks pretty cool, and pretty expensive ($16.99). Also complicated? Tempted to do the trial, but not ready to spend that much on my Dtek50. Running out of room for apps anyway.
    That's what the trial is for. So you can see if it's worth the price. I believe it even stays functional, but limited in features, once the trial ends. I used it on a phone cheaper than DTEK50 so...
    It's not complicated IMO. No more than any other...
    06-01-17 09:51 AM