Great shot of the little guy.

Did you know that dragonflies will land on most anything? Try holding out a hand and see if they will land there for your next pic.
    anon(9983275) likes this.
    08-24-16 11:33 AM
    First of all: Thanks for the examples.
    Next question: Does this Forum resample photos or are they 100% orig.?

Thanks
    I am pretty sure the uploads to CB do not come out as 100% originals. That has been my experience in the Priv photos thread.
    08-24-16 12:41 PM
    I'm just getting time to try mine, here are a few Official photos and videos taken with the DTEK50-1472169773727.jpgOfficial photos and videos taken with the DTEK50-1472169790164.jpgOfficial photos and videos taken with the DTEK50-1472170136707.jpgOfficial photos and videos taken with the DTEK50-1472170147295.jpg
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-25-16 07:09 PM
    There is a sticky thread for this but the DTEK50 camera is way better (not even close) than the iPhone 6. I can't compare to 6s yet but I have heard just as good or better.

Posted via my DTEK50
    08-25-16 07:25 PM
    Wow, is this Squamish BC? I haven't been there in more than 15 years and I live in North Vancouver LOL - We must make a drive up there as it looks a lot different from when I was there last.
    That's up on the Sea to Sky gondola. Absolutely beautiful up there. We'll worth the trip out!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-16 12:07 AM
    That's up on the Sea to Sky gondola. Absolutely beautiful up there. We'll worth the trip out!!

My current go-to place when I have visitors. After a stop at the Cyprus Bowl lookout for that million dollar view without going up Grouse. I'd post photos but they were taken with my Passport.

08-26-16 12:40 AM
    Is it any better than Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Fi3a likes this.
    08-26-16 09:02 AM
    I had a day out yesterday in Liverpool (UK) and decided to take some snaps with my DTEK50. I wasn't planning on taking photos but it seemed like the perfect opportunity to test my camera. I'm very pleased with how they turned out!

Let me know what you think! Sharing purely for those interested in sample photos from this phone. No settings were tweaked to take the photos, all stock settings.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/photom...57671259933850
    Great pics !

Posted via my Priv
    08-26-16 01:05 PM
    When DTEK50 will be available in Malaysia?
    08-31-16 03:34 PM
    To anyone that has the Dtek50 as well as either one of the latest Samsung Galaxies or Priv.
    How much shutter lag is there? Is it as fast as a S7 or N7 or is it as slow as the Priv?
    I found on my N7 & Priv the picture quality is mostly on par except for some difficult lighting conditions which the N7 takes care of easily but the N7's shutter releases instantly where there is considerable lag on the Priv. Basically, with the N7, you just launch the camera and shoot, no need to wait for focus and I find the Priv just cannot do that so I'm interested to see if the Dtek50 is any better.

Edit: Never mind, after reading quite a few reviews of the Dtek50's poor camera performance I think I'll just stick with my Priv/ Exploding N7 combination LOL. I guess that was to be expected from a lower line device.
    Last edited by buwee; 09-02-16 at 12:57 AM.
    09-01-16 08:54 PM
    First of all: Thanks for the examples.
    Next question: Does this Forum resample photos or are they 100% orig.?

To me as an ambitious photographer the quality looks rather poor. Even my Z10 produces crispier photos. Look at the chromatic aberrations in the bottle photo - the whites are washed out. If they could just update the image processing software this could be the perfect phone. I want every aspect of the DTEK50, but the camera has to be at least the same quality as the Z10's.

Another question: Could anybody show the low light capabilities of photos and videos? Is it possible to take photos in lower resolution to improve the quality?

Thanks
    I agree to some degree, from the sample photos I've seen posted on this thread and the photos I've seen posted by professional review sites the photos look washed out, lacks detail & sharpness, but then again, we're talking about a low budget phone so you get what you pay for. I disagree that the Z10 photos are better though and even my PP SE's photos are worse than the Dtek50. I guess everyone's standards are different and there is absolutely no way that these photos even come close to flagship phone cameras but one has to be willing to shell out $$$ for said flagship phones.
    09-02-16 12:41 AM
    Lol. The priv's really not better. Battery wise yea. My dtek runs the same. Glad i sold my priv b4 the price dropped. Really see no difference. Maybe the front camera. Dtek50 speakers are better too. It was an Overpriced phone that got kicked down in price to its actual worth
    09-03-16 12:32 PM
    I bought one Works good for landscapes but is worst with potraits and the front camera despite of bieng hi res completely sucks
    09-04-16 02:25 AM
    Can somebody who has the Priv and the DTEK50 post a photo comparison of the two, in the same spot and same time?

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    09-04-16 07:49 PM
    Impressed overall. Was quite concerned the camera was similar to my classic. Thanks for posting pictures
    09-05-16 07:44 AM
    This thread needs moar pics... and where are the vidz???
    09-05-16 09:26 AM
    Is the focus any quicker than the Passport? I find it can either stubbornly refuse to focus on the subject or continually try to refocus from time to time.
    09-06-16 06:21 AM
    OK so I have a DTEK50. Camera is only so-so. Better in natural light for sure, but my wife compared her Galaxy S4 camera to my DTEK50 and the S4 was WAY better when you zoom in.

On the DTEK50 when you zoom in (especially if you don't have good natural light) the image is fuzzy. Her S4 was very sharp.

My wife really liked the weight and price of the DTEK50 but the camera was the killer. She said if it had a better camera she would have bought on. She takes lots of photos of the kids and wants a good camera. She ended up getting a Galaxy S7 even though it is alot more expensive and weighs more.

Also I don't like how you can't see what resolution you are shooting at - you can pick "Fine" or "Standard" under Photo quality. You also can't zoom in nearly as far as you can on a Galaxy S4.

Overall love the DTEK50 but the camera is a disappointment.
    09-07-16 11:28 AM
    Well nice

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 11:54 AM
    Official photos and videos taken with the DTEK50-1474223104390.jpg

Just a quick shot last evening to see how it turned out
    09-18-16 01:26 PM
    Wow! That photo looks great!

Cheers
    Curtis Blair likes this.
    09-19-16 05:39 PM
    Not so many vids in this thread yet.
    I'm not much of a movie maker. As a matter of fact this might be my first one ever. Shot with Dtek50 with default settings.
    I was sitting on a nice spot when I heard a "swan armada" heading my way. Just in time to aim and shoot. With my phone that is.
    https://jeroenensylvia.stackstorage....4aQYLYkF8sTxh4
    I hope this link and way of posting will work.
    smcv and Curtis Blair like this.
    09-21-16 02:38 AM
    Not so many vids in this thread yet.
    I'm not much of a movie maker. As a matter of fact this might be my first one ever. Shot with Dtek50 with default settings.
    I was sitting on a nice spot when I heard a "swan armada" heading my way. Just in time to aim and shoot. With my phone that is.
    https://jeroenensylvia.stackstorage....4aQYLYkF8sTxh4
    I hope this link and way of posting will work.
    Great video!
    09-21-16 10:47 AM
    @Sigewif: thanks
    09-21-16 10:53 AM
    Got my DTEK50 today. Gotta say I'm shocked to see the quality of the photo preview on the display... Didn't anybody notice the oversharpened and flashy live view? The taken photo then looks totally different. At least not over sharpened. But very blurry and unvivid instead. This was in low light condition indoors. Compared it side by side with my Z10, where the live view look much more crisp and natural.

DTEK50 developes brighter images due to its better ISO quality but in 100% crop view it shows those ugly moir� artifacts, where the Z10 shows obvious but honest and controlable noise. I prefer noise or grain over software-washed-out algorithms which you can't correct afterwards.

I loved the way of setting my own preferred amount of sharpness and noise reduction in the Z10 camera. I hope BlackBerry will give the DTEK50 a huge upgrade to the camera's imaging software. I guess it could be a lot better!!
    10-01-16 03:40 PM
140 12345 ...