I got mine on the 9th.

First impressions...
    Still working my way around it since this is my first Android. Trying to get rid of my old habits with my Z10.

Like many said, it is very thin that it feels like I don't have a firm grip to hold it but it is very, very light. Android does have less of a spartan look as opposed to my Z10. I miss that certain aspect of the latter phone.

The battery has settled down and I'm quite pleased with it. It certainly lasts longer than my Z10.
    Pictures don't do this phone justice. It has to be seen and handled to really appreciate the DTEK50.

For those in Canada, I went with VirginMobile.

That's it for now... stuff off the top of my head anyway. I'm glad I picked this up.
    does the camera app have Timeshift mode?
    08-14-16 08:18 PM
    Got mine on Saturday strangely enough password keeper is not installed, and when I try to download it from the play store I get an error not available in your area live in the Caribbean.
    08-14-16 10:37 PM
    Just got my DTEK50 and set her up. I updated all apps over LTE (because I had 2gb free that expires tomorrow anyway) and it didn't even warm up for me!

So far everything is running nice and smooth. It's pretty much setup just like my Priv now.

No noticeable lag or stuttering for me doing the common stuff.

It looks a lot better in person and I love the back cover for grip. Nice and thin and light too!

I've just ordered a Qualcomm 2.0 Quick Charger for the car. So the morning and evening drive in the car should top it quickly to 100% each time.

I loved Hub on my Q10 and Classic but not a fan of Hub on Android - because it's not even necessary in my opinion, the way that Android's notification panel works (and will get better in Nougat).

If you haven't got your DTEK50 yet, go get her! Overall build quality is great too.
    08-15-16 12:44 AM
    does the camera allow Timeshift mode?
    08-15-16 08:05 AM
    does the camera allow Timeshift mode?
    No, this feature is not available in the BlackBerry Camera app.
    08-15-16 09:22 AM
    It looks pretty cool. I preordered one, but I`m not in the US, so I have it sent to a cousin, but not sure when I will be able to play with it. I preordered because of the battery pack and my Z30 is now dead.
    08-16-16 09:31 PM
    This device does look promising although the battery spec is going to raise a few eyebrows. Anyway, I will watch this space and see if I can finally jump ship to BB from my aging Samsung.
    08-21-16 02:35 AM
    Anyone know a good way of transferring sms/mms messages from google messenger on Priv to google messenger on DTEK?
    SMS Backup and restore
    TommyBB likes this.
    08-21-16 08:09 AM
    SMS Backup and restore
    That's exactly what I used as well. I highly recommend this app.
    08-21-16 10:11 AM
    So good to feel all the excitement in this thread. I have to admit I haven't bought the DTEK50 yet, but I'm starting to want one now!
    08-22-16 10:48 AM
    So good to feel all the excitement in this thread. I have to admit I haven't bought the DTEK50 yet, but I'm starting to want one now!
    If you buy this phone without high expectations, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted via my new Dtek50. (I still love you Z30).
    08-22-16 05:43 PM
    I have never had a blackberry before, but I am ready for an upgrade and have been eyeing the DTEK50 for a couple of weeks now, Just wondering if anyone knows if there is much of a difference?
    08-24-16 12:48 PM
    I have never had a blackberry before, but I am ready for an upgrade and have been eyeing the DTEK50 for a couple of weeks now, Just wondering if anyone knows if there is much of a difference?
    What phone are you coming from? If it's another Android, it won't be much different. If it's iOS, it could be quite the learning curve.
    08-24-16 01:25 PM
    Im still hoping to win one from Crackberry...
    08-25-16 07:04 AM
    Got one today, very pleased with it.
    08-27-16 10:10 PM
    Just ordered mine today from Telus. They really do know how to treat their long time customers well. Very pleased. Can't wait for delivery!
    08-28-16 04:47 PM
    Just ordered it last night. Shopblackberry dot com was not working with any of my credit cards, so I got it from Amazon. Will pick it up next week when I go back to the States.

Moving to the DTEK50 from a 6s+. 6s+ was my first iPhone ever. Very very good product, probably my favorite phone ever, but I had the rare opportunity to sell it for what I paid for it, so I took it (phone was 4 months old, purchased April 2016). Previous phone was a OnePlus 2 so for the past year I've had a fingerprint scanner. Not having it will be a step backward, and not having the picture password from the old BB10 days will be equally frustrating. At 5.2", this would be my smallest phone since early 2015.

I'm not unfamiliar with Android. Curious to see what refinements BlackBerry has added to the operating system. The real reason I got it though was because of the security updates. I'm hearing that the BlackBerry Android backports are on par with Apple and the Nexus security updates. We shall see.

Overall, excited for this phone. There was nothing wrong with the iPhone, but when I can sell it and get a new phone with 95% of the features and pocket $400, it's a win.
    08-28-16 10:23 PM
    Got mine yesterday...here are my impressions

1) Nice and thin, light. Noticably lighter in my pocket vs Z30. Doesn't feel like it's pulling my pants down LOL...but weight was an important factor for me and one of the reasons I didn't want the (heavy) Priv.
    2) Battery seems to be fine, looks like so far on the first day it is doing better than my Z30 would be at this time of the day. 3 PM EST and Battery is at 70% (from 9 am 100%). Mixed usage today.
    3) Build quality seems to be very good. Feels solid, not cheap. Back of the phone is not slippery so I like that.
    4) Getting used to the different layout of the buttons on the phone, but so far it is fine.

5) Tested camera vs Samsung Galaxy S4. Not nearly as good indoors. Outside have not tested the camera yet, but I would not buy this phone if you are expecting a top-notch camera...

6) Android seems nice and fast, no lag. Performance seems fine. Speaker volume is pretty good, sound from stereo speakers is good. No complaints.

7) Blackberry apps (keyboard, hub, etc... are pretty good. Not as integrated a feel as on BB10 but does what I need. Keyboard is basically the same as on BB10 so it's fine.

Overall for this price (I paid $0.00 for hardware upgrade) I think it is a very good phone. Good job Blackberry!

I am a bit surprised the battery seems to be holding up better than my Z30 would. I thought it would drain much faster but it isn't.
    08-31-16 02:01 PM
    Is it worth it?
    09-02-16 06:41 PM
    Got mine yesterday...here are my impressions
    5) Tested camera vs Samsung Galaxy S4. Not nearly as good indoors. Outside have not tested the camera yet, but I would not buy this phone if you are expecting a top-notch camera...
    Overall for this price (I paid $0.00 for hardware upgrade) I think it is a very good phone. Good job Blackberry!
    I am a bit surprised the battery seems to be holding up better than my Z30 would. I thought it would drain much faster but it isn't.
    well maybe wait for the camera update app so it will get better remember how was with priv .........
    09-04-16 06:50 AM
    Already ordered mine! ( Living in Canada ).. Can't Wait. ( Switching from Note 4 )
    09-04-16 10:03 PM
    Got mine on Saturday and I love it so far. My favourite thing is the keyboard, the hub, password keeper, calendar, productivity tab, the textured back.

One totally fantastic thing is setting up the keyboard for dual language use. I'm bilingual and now the keyboard recognises which language I'm typing in and I can flick words up with speed. Fantastic
    09-12-16 06:57 AM
    Got mine on Saturday and I love it so far. My favourite thing is the keyboard, the hub, password keeper, calendar, productivity tab, the textured back.

One totally fantastic thing is setting up the keyboard for dual language use. I'm bilingual and now the keyboard recognises which language I'm typing in and I can flick words up with speed. Fantastic
    You can use siwftkey for that also and the prediction is great
    09-14-16 05:01 PM
    Is it worth it?
    Considering I did a hardware upgrade on my existing plan, and didn't pay a cent, for sure! I love the weight (very light compared to my wife's S7) and it's also thin and fast enough. So yes, it's worth it!
    09-15-16 08:04 PM
    Considering I did a hardware upgrade on my existing plan, and didn't pay a cent, for sure! I love the weight (very light compared to my wife's S7) and it's also thin and fast enough. So yes, it's worth it!
    I've heard that battery life has improved with the updates.
    09-16-16 07:10 PM
133 12345 ...