Looked high and low, through the official docs and what not.

I could not find a definitive date / month / year till which the DTEK50 is supposedly supposed to be the "Most secure android phone in the world"

I mean I am really happy being quiet in a corner and hoping for the best, but with delays in reciving the latest patches to the wishy washy beta program that I never heard back from just wonder ...

One year, two years - anyone?

I heard the officials stating that "Software is the future" not hardware, which is why I bought the phone, love the concept. My first BB phone to be honest.

Also the future proofing it by letting us DTEK50 owners add upto a 2TB microSD card, beautiful.

Curious. Also, since we have no ETA on Android N.
    01-28-17 06:51 AM
    I've been receiving updates monthly, albeit they are a bit tardy and BlackBerry missed one update. They caught up in January by releasing two updates in 2 weeks. I am not worrying.
    Ethynil likes this.
    01-28-17 09:21 AM
    I always seem to be behind. Still on December. Was stuck on October for over two months previously. The '60 in our family gets very timely updates. The '50 is always lagging.
    The worst part for me is BlackBerry doesn't seem to be improving when it comes to the '50.
    And before someone says it's the carriers, mine is an unlocked unit direct from shop BlackBerry.
    Otherwise I love the unit. Just hate all the false marketing lines.
    01-28-17 10:51 AM
    Still on December.
    What happens if you try updating manually in Settings |About Phone|System Updates?
    01-28-17 11:20 AM
    I would say that the Priv, DTEK 50 and DTEK 60 are the worlds most secure Android smartphones and not just because of the monthly security updates.

BlackBerry has hardened the kernel and made them totally unrootable. This in itself is unique and qualifies the "secure" statement from BlackBerry.
    iSh0w and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-28-17 11:46 AM
    What happens if you try updating manually in Settings |About Phone|System Updates?
    Says up to date. I check it about 3 times a week.
    01-28-17 04:28 PM