Google is patching M until spring or summer.
    So between now and Spring/Summer, they're going to drop source code patches for KitKat, Lollipop, AND Marshmallow?

To be explicitly clear, I know that Google is no longer releasing binary builds for Nexus devices that were left behind at KitKat and Lollipop. That's separate from the source code patches that they're still providing through AOSP.

Priv is a BlackBerry device, so has nothing to do with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile.

The DTEKs were BlackBerry devices, but they managed to make a deal with TCL to take them over. The details of the arrangement are not public, but I assume it's just for technical support.
    OK. I wasn't sure if they had signed over support for the Priv at the same time as the DTEKs.

TCL has committed to Oreo at a minimum.
    I hadn't seen that public commitment. Good to know. All I had seen when I made my previous comment was the commitment they had made in their email announcement specifically stating 2 years of monthly security patches.
    11-03-17 08:19 AM
  2. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Haven't gotten it yet, and it's the 5th of November already.
    11-05-17 03:15 AM
    Haven't gotten it yet, and it's the 5th of November already.
    Here the same. (Unlocked Priv STV 100-4 in Germany 1&1 Vodafone) November 5th
    11-05-17 04:27 AM
    Yeah, unlocked Canadian DTEK50, bought direct from Blackberry still on the September 2017 patch.
    11-06-17 06:31 AM
    Yeah, unlocked Canadian DTEK50, bought direct from Blackberry still on the September 2017 patch.
    ShopBlackBerry DTEK50 NA devices got Oct patch on Oct 17th.
    11-06-17 06:54 AM
    ShopBlackBerry DTEK50 NA devices got Oct patch on Oct 17th.
    You can say that all you want; I am living proof that some ShopBlackberry devices in NA didn't. I am still willing to explain it away as a phased roll-out.

This device was, after all, securely sealed in its retail box until just about a week ago, and it had just undergone a direct update from its initial late-2016 security patch all the way to September 2017 all at once in a single approximately 1.8 GB OTA update. It's just that since then, it continues to state that there's nothing newer than September 2017 available yet.

And yes, it was bought directly from ShopBlackberry. If you like I can attach a redacted shipping confirmation.
    11-06-17 07:33 AM
    You can say that all you want; I am living proof that some ShopBlackberry devices in NA didn't. I am still willing to explain it away as a phased roll-out.

This device was, after all, securely sealed in its retail box until just about a week ago, and it had just undergone a direct update from its initial late-2016 security patch all the way to September 2017 all at once in a single approximately 1.8 GB OTA update. It's just that since then, it continues to state that there's nothing newer than September 2017 available yet.

And yes, it was bought directly from ShopBlackberry. If you like I can attach a redacted shipping confirmation.
    I'm not saying you're not telling the truth. I just think there is something strange going on that we may be able to solve.

Have you tried *#*#checkin#*#* from the phone dialer?
    Last edited by conite; 11-07-17 at 07:39 AM.
    11-06-17 08:13 AM
    Yeah mine didn't receive October updates yet but I am not surprised because this wasn't my first time with delays. All my dtek series we're bought from shop blackberry too. Maybe they're overwhelmed by too many devices lol. I still have my trusted blackberry passport so I am all good.
    11-06-17 10:40 AM
    Yeah mine didn't receive October updates yet but I am not surprised because this wasn't my first time with delays. All my dtek series we're bought from shop blackberry too. Maybe they're overwhelmed by too many devices lol. I still have my trusted blackberry passport so I am all good.
    As I have suggested before (and been told that it's rubbish!!) is that TCL/BB have not got the server power to push the updates to everybody at the same time, so they effectively 'drip feed' the updates to a few of each model at a time...
    What other solution is there?? There are NA owners getting staggered updates, UK owners getting staggered updates, German, Indian, etc, all getting these 'staggered' updates.
    The only reasonable answer is, lack of server power to distribute!! There is no 'mystery' it's there for all to see!!
    You can argue all you like, but these are the FACTS
    11-06-17 03:30 PM
    This evening security update October 5th arrived (November 6th)
    11-06-17 03:35 PM
    No update yet on my dtek50. Vodafone uk.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-17 04:42 AM
    I'm not saying you're not telling the truth. I just think there is something strange going on that we may be able to solve.

Have you tried *#*#checkin*#*# from the phone dialer?
    Hum. *#*#checkin*#*# seems to equate to *#*#2432546*#*# on the dialer's numeric keypad.
    It doesn't generate any response at all. Should it?
    11-07-17 06:46 AM
    Hum. *#*#checkin*#*# seems to equate to *#*#2432546*#*# on the dialer's numeric keypad.
    It doesn't generate any response at all. Should it?
    It will trigger the update immediately IF it's available.
    11-07-17 06:52 AM
    The only reasonable answer is, lack of server power to distribute!! There is no 'mystery' it's there for all to see!!
    You can argue all you like, but these are the FACTS
    The only problem with this theory is that about 75% of all BlackBerry Android devices get the update on the first day it's available - all at the same time.
    11-07-17 06:54 AM
    It will trigger the update immediately IF it's available.
    Google tells me to try *#*#2432546#*#* (note the reversed order of stars and pound signs at the end of the code).

It reacted differently: A notification appeared informing me that the checkin succeeded. That's all though.

I'm OK with waiting a little longer before I start to worry: Even on a September patch, the DTEK50 is still more up to date than most comparably priced phones from its era.
    11-07-17 07:14 AM
    The only problem with this theory is that about 75% of all BlackBerry Android devices get the update on the first day it's available - all at the same time.
    And where is the proof of that statistic...verification??
    11-07-17 07:32 AM
    Google tells me to try *#*#2432546#*#* (note the reversed order of stars and pound signs at the end of the code).

It reacted differently: A notification appeared informing me that the checkin succeeded. That's all though.

I'm OK with waiting a little longer before I start to worry: Even on a September patch, the DTEK50 is still more up to date than most comparably priced phones from its era.
    Yes, I mistyped. Sorry about that.
    11-07-17 07:40 AM
    And where is the proof of that statistic...verification??
    I can assure you that the issue has nothing to do with server capacity. You'll have to take my word for it.
    11-07-17 07:42 AM
    Hello, Conite,

now I'm a little disappointed in you. You are the first to demand verifiable evidence of a claim from a user. And now we're just supposed to believe you? Believe that 75% of all users will receive the update on the first day. Why not about 72% or 78%?

In our BlackBerry forum in Germany no (!) owner of the KEYone Black Edition has yet received the update from October, some of us, so do I, have the software version August 5th. And lots of normal KEYone's/DTEK's users are also waiting for October, in any case more than one in three.

Next week I will meet Kevin in Europe and ask him about it. Maybe he can give me a verifiable number.
    HughJarsse and anon(10337964) like this.
    11-07-17 08:58 AM
    I can assure you that the issue has nothing to do with server capacity. You'll have to take my word for it.
    So, you quote a number '75%' yet have no proof??
    How do you know it's 75%? Do you know just how many blackberry android devices there are around then, and can safely presume that 75 % of ALL WORLDWIDE BB androids get their updates on the first day of release?
    Pray, how are you able to collect that statistical number??
    Basically, you are spouting any old rhetoric to try to defend a company that cannot, (and refuses to admit )it is unable to service the customer base it has, effectively.
    If, you are able to make such 'knowledgeble' statistics then maybe BB should actually hire you, because you seem to know even more than they do!!
    Blinkered, is the word for you, my friend, sadly...
    11-07-17 11:25 AM
    So, you quote a number '75%' yet have no proof??
    How do you know it's 75%? Do you know just how many blackberry android devices there are around then, and can safely presume that 75 % of ALL WORLDWIDE BB androids get their updates on the first day of release?
    Pray, how are you able to collect that statistical number??
    Basically, you are spouting any old rhetoric to try to defend a company that cannot, (and refuses to admit )it is unable to service the customer base it has, effectively.
    If, you are able to make such 'knowledgeble' statistics then maybe BB should actually hire you, because you seem to know even more than they do!!
    Blinkered, is the word for you, my friend, sadly...
    I'm not going to argue with you, and I've said more than I should already.

Peace.
    11-07-17 11:57 AM

Very sorry, but don't like to disapoint you here, but...
    My sons Moto G4, bought the same time I got my Dtek50, (both were on android 'M') has received android 'N' (Dtek50/60 have not) and, he had the October update 2 days before I got it as well!! (and he got his G4 £45 cheaper than my Dtek, just to rub my nose in it!)
    So maybe not quite so 'securest android' at all, sadly!!
    11-07-17 02:42 PM
    DTEK50 unlocked NA devices are getting the November patch today.

Now all Blackberry Android devices except for the DTEK60 have been patched for krack. Quickest response on the planet.

Sep - Aug 30 - AAG326

Oct - Oct 18 - AAH108

Nov - Dec 5 - AAH990

Dec - Jan 5 - AAI482

Jan - Jan 13 - AAI795

Feb - Feb 15 - AAJ221

Mar - Mar 6 - AAJ842

Apr - Apr 5 - AAK406

May - May 5 - AAL135

Jun - Jul 7 - AAM312

Jul - Jul 24 - AAM770

Aug - Aug 15 - AAN493

Sep - Sep 6 - AAO571

Oct - Oct 17 - AAP623

Nov - Nov 7 - AAQ649
    Last edited by conite; 11-07-17 at 05:00 PM.
    11-07-17 03:40 PM
    Someone eles create no november update thread now!
    11-07-17 03:57 PM
    Very sorry, but don't like to disapoint you here, but...
    My sons Moto G4, bought the same time I got my Dtek50, (both were on android 'M') has received android 'N' (Dtek50/60 have not) and, he had the October update 2 days before I got it as well!! (and he got his G4 £45 cheaper than my Dtek, just to rub my nose in it!)
    So maybe not quite so 'securest android' at all, sadly!!
    You named one counterexample. That does not contradict my original wording, which was specifically "most".

Has the November 2017 security patch started to roll out for the Moto G4 yet?
    11-07-17 06:56 PM
177 ... 45678