F.W.I.W. my sons Moto G4 actually got the October security update before my Dtek did!! (by 2 days!!)
    My Dtek is factory unlocked, and ALWAYS late getting the updates in UK.
    As I've written before, once we know the update exists and that some people actually got it, then it's hard to know who to blame after that.

Again, for the record, here are the dates that BlackBerry first pushed each update:

Sep - Aug 30 - AAG326

Oct - Oct 18 - AAH108

Nov - Dec 5 - AAH990

Dec - Jan 5 - AAI482

Jan - Jan 13 - AAI795

Feb - Feb 15 - AAJ221

Mar - Mar 6 - AAJ842

Apr - Apr 5 - AAK406

May - May 5 - AAL135

Jun - Jul 7 - AAM312

Jul - Jul 24 - AAM770

Aug - Aug 15 - AAN493

Sep - Sep 6 - AAO571

Oct - Oct 17 - AAP623
    10-29-17 09:19 AM
    As I've written before, once we know the update exists and that some people actually got it, then it's hard to know who to blame after that.

Again, for the record, here are the dates that BlackBerry first pushed each update:

Sep - Aug 30 - AAG326

Oct - Oct 18 - AAH108

Nov - Dec 5 - AAH990

Dec - Jan 5 - AAI482

Jan - Jan 13 - AAI795

Feb - Feb 15 - AAJ221

Mar - Mar 6 - AAJ842

Apr - Apr 5 - AAK406

May - May 5 - AAL135

Jun - Jul 7 - AAM312

Jul - Jul 24 - AAM770

Aug - Aug 15 - AAN493

Sep - Sep 6 - AAO571

Oct - Oct 17 - AAP623
    what are we talking about? BB updates or generic android ones? my keyone phone says Android security patch 5th September. not BB patch. My Samsung J7 2016 says the following . So what is the difference? Why is BB better than what u see below? And u see it's on an August patch! thanks
    10-29-17 03:13 PM
    what are we talking about? BB updates or generic android ones? my keyone phone says Android security patch 5th September. not BB patch. My Samsung J7 2016 says the following . So what is the difference? Why is BB better than what u see below? And u see it's on an August patch! thanks
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bf617d68bf.jpg
    Looks like you're on August security patch level while BlackBerry devices are receiving October patch level. That's the difference.
    10-29-17 03:18 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bf617d68bf.jpg
    Google provides patched AOSP builds to all vendors.

Vendors (like BlackBerry or Samsung) work with their respective component suppliers and do the rest.
    10-29-17 03:30 PM
    So, why am I and my wife on August our Samsungs and me on September on my Keyone? We're in Britain
    10-29-17 03:39 PM
    So, why am I and my wife on August our Samsungs and me on September on my Keyone? We're in Britain
    Because the Oct 17 KEYᵒⁿᵉ update hasn't cleared UK red tape yet?

I can't speak for Samsung's issue.
    10-29-17 03:41 PM
    In Britain. We're in Barcelona! Using Keyone predictive without my glasses. .. Anyway, we can say it's not just BB, Samsung is even worse. If that's a consolation?
    10-29-17 03:44 PM
    Am I only one with September security patch in United States?
    10-31-17 12:40 PM
    Still on 5th of September patch, unlocked UK phone.

8 weeks and 2 days behind.
    11-02-17 07:53 AM

Yet I have an unlocked Dtek50 and am in UK, but received the update on 24th October, so it can't be due to 'regulatory systems' then surely??
    More like BB drip feeding the update to a few at a time, as not enough servers to do the job correctly??
    11-02-17 10:33 AM
    Yet I have an unlocked Dtek50 and am in UK, but received the update on 24th October, so it can't be due to 'regulatory systems' then surely??
    More like BB drip feeding the update to a few at a time, as not enough servers to do the job correctly??
    Probably 3/4 of all DTEK50s in the world got it within a single day on Oct 17th, so they have plenty of capacity.
    11-02-17 11:24 AM

I am USA unlocked and still on September so you're not alone.
    Wmsi likes this.
    11-02-17 11:25 AM
    I am USA unlocked and still on September so you're not alone.
    Where did you buy it?
    11-02-17 11:29 AM
    Probably 3/4 of all DTEK50s in the world got it within a single day on Oct 17th, so they have plenty of capacity.
    A Raspberry Pi would probably be sufficient.
    11-02-17 11:39 AM
    No idea why I still haven't got it. I will post if and when it arrives.
    11-02-17 11:40 AM
    Where did you buy it?
    It's pre-order one from shop blackberry with battery pack bundle.
    11-02-17 11:41 AM
    It's pre-order one from shop blackberry with battery pack bundle.
    NA unlocked went live on Oct 17. There is something wrong. Maybe you should contact BlackBerry Mobile support.
    11-02-17 11:47 AM
    So why are there two unlocked UK phones, one received the update a week after release, yet the other has not received it?? and there are STILL people here saying that they have not received it?
    If it was received by one UK phone, why not the other, as both are unlocked??
    Too many discrepancies to validate your assumption, sadly..
    11-02-17 03:32 PM
    So why are there two unlocked UK phones, one received the update a week after release, yet the other has not received it?? and there are STILL people here saying that they have not received it?
    I received on my DTEK50 several days ago. Part of my CB benefits/compensation package. We get priority. Maybe BBMo has blacklisted you for negative aura/vibe......
    11-02-17 03:35 PM
    If that was true, why didn't they black list you? Titter..
    11-02-17 03:56 PM
    I don't get it. Handful of dtek50s we're sold worldwide and why are they updating 3/4 only? Are 1/4 blacklisted? Lol.
    11-02-17 04:24 PM
    Different sources, and different distribution channels.

I'm not sure what your master theory is though - a monkey randomly hitting buttons on the update server while managers stand back and laugh?

Do you not think that BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile would love if everyone can get updated on the first day?

Do you leave no room for believing there may be elements beyond their control?

Do you not wonder why almost all other manufacturers seem to have the same issue? Are they all incompetent?
    11-02-17 04:50 PM
    Different sources, and different distribution channels.

I'm not sure what your master theory is though - a monkey randomly hitting buttons on the update server while managers stand back and laugh?

Do you not think that BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile would love if everyone can get updated on the first day?

Do you leave no room for believing there may be elements beyond their control?

Do you not wonder why almost all other manufacturers seem to have the same issue? Are they all incompetent?
    I liked my answer better....
    11-02-17 05:01 PM
    It's called the Motion. Half way between the 50 and 60, with a much better camera, and a huge battery.

I think we'll see patches into next year until Google stops M updates in the spring or summer.
    The Canadian announcement for the Motion suggests BBMo is committing to security patches on that device for 2 years; they are not specifically committing to any major OS updates. I wonder if they may retroactively start applying that strategy to the Priv and DTEKs? (Under that model, for instance, the Priv would be getting its final patch either in November or December of this year.)

As for Google... They are still supplying source code patches applicable for every major version of Android going back to KitKat.
    https://source.android.com/security/...ates-resources
    https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-10-01
    11-03-17 06:58 AM
    The Canadian announcement for the Motion suggests BBMo is committing to security patches on that device for 2 years; they are not specifically committing to any major OS updates. I wonder if they may retroactively start applying that strategy to the Priv and DTEKs? (Under that model, for instance, the Priv would be getting its final patch either in November or December of this year.)

As for Google... They are still supplying source code patches applicable for every major version of Android going back to KitKat.
    https://source.android.com/security/...ates-resources
    https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-10-01
    Google is patching M until spring or summer.

Priv is a BlackBerry device, so has nothing to do with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile.

The DTEKs were BlackBerry devices, but they managed to make a deal with TCL to take them over. The details of the arrangement are not public, but I assume it's just for technical support.

TCL has committed to Oreo at a minimum.
    11-03-17 08:14 AM
177 ... 34567 ...