TCL and BlackBerry both have remained silent. You have right to your opinion about what that agreement said or didn't say. The rest of us owners have a right to our opinions concerning these 2 companies. You seem to have inside knowledge about this topic that the rest of us don't have. If you are right then TCL is making a big mistake in not trying to provide goodwill to Dtek and PRIV owners and communicating concerning this matter. Maybe you will understand the frustration in one year when Silence falls concerning the Keyone. Because that is possible action. There is no documented proof that what is happening now won't be repeated
    I own a Priv, and I feel BlackBerry has done what they promised, which did not include an update to Nougat. As for my KEYone, BlackBerry Mobile has announced that they will update it to Oreo. I don't expect to get Android P for my KEYone.

When I buy a product, I don't expect anything more than what is explicitly promised to me in writing. My relationship with BlackBerry Mobile is not a friendship. It's a business relationship. I expect what they've promised me and nothing more.

Why do you think that BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile should update the DTEK phones to Nougat, when they never said they would?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-25-17 10:45 AM
    There is no documented proof that what is happening now won't be repeated
    If this is the kind of information you need when having a discussion, then we might as well stop now.
    10-25-17 10:52 AM
    TCL and BlackBerry both have remained silent. You have right to your opinion about what that agreement said or didn't say. The rest of us owners have a right to our opinions concerning these 2 companies. You seem to have inside knowledge about this topic that the rest of us don't have. If you are right then TCL is making a big mistake in not trying to provide goodwill to Dtek and PRIV owners and communicating concerning this matter. Maybe you will understand the frustration in one year when Silence falls concerning the Keyone. Because that is possible action. There is no documented proof that what is happening now won't be repeated
    Do you realize you take risk with anything you buy? BBMo promises OREO but who knows? They could leave the business like BB or go bankrupt since according to latest reports, they're having some problems of their own. Even the mightiest brands one day could be today's BB today.

That being said, why does BBMo owe you anything? You got to spend money first with the new company to be considered a customer. LOL

Give me free stuff today and I'll gladly buy stuff from you in the future....

Like Wimpy from the Popeye cartoon.......
    10-25-17 04:07 PM
    I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for an update patch today...
    10-25-17 04:43 PM
    But if, as you say, no one is working for free, what reason would anyone have to update the DTEK phones beyond the promised security patches. There is no business case to do it, and it was never offered or promised. I don't need Megan Fox to call me to tell me she won't date me, because I have no reason to think she will. Similarly, no one owes DTEK owners an announcement about whether or not they'll get Nougat. They have no reason to expect it.
    So true. If I was driving down the street at 75 miles per hour and a dime fell out my window...would I slow down and turn around and go back and find the dime? No, I would keep going. It would be a waste of time and resources to find the dime. If $5,000 dollars fell out my window in a briefcase, I am going back.

No reason for TCL to go back and update the Dteks . It would not be economically feasible to do so. I am sure they did the math and figured it would cost more to upgrade all the phones to Android N than to lose all the Dtek customers. We know that some Dtek customers have already upgrade to the Keyone and soon to be Motion. I know I will. Was I disappointed my 60 was not updated? Yea, was I angry? No.
    10-25-17 05:58 PM
    I am still waiting for an update. My pixel and Sony received Oreo already and my dtek 50 is still stuck in marshmallow. Please help!
    10-25-17 06:22 PM
    I am still waiting for an update. My pixel and Sony received Oreo already and my dtek 50 is still stuck in marshmallow. Please help!
    You'll be waiting awhile. It'll feel like forever.
    10-25-17 06:45 PM
    :-D
    10-25-17 07:26 PM
    My keyone will receive Oreo next year so hopefully TCL also update my dtek series!
    10-25-17 07:30 PM
    My keyone will receive Oreo next year so hopefully TCL also update my dtek series!
    Sure....LOL You know that's never going to happen....
    10-25-17 08:47 PM
    The only way to get anything better than 'M' is to purchase another (non BB/TCL) phone, because other manufacturers will at least give you one upgrade!!
    Son bought a Moto g4 when I bought my Dtek, both had 'M' He is now on 'N' and it appears he will also get 'O' as well, according to Motorola's website. And, his G4 cost LESS than my Dtek did!!

'Securest Android' ??? Somehow I REALLY don't think so...
    10-26-17 11:49 AM
    The only way to get anything better than 'M' is to purchase another (non BB/TCL) phone, because other manufacturers will at least give you one upgrade!!
    Son bought a Moto g4 when I bought my Dtek, both had 'M' He is now on 'N' and it appears he will also get 'O' as well, according to Motorola's website. And, his G4 cost LESS than my Dtek did!!

'Securest Android' ??? Somehow I REALLY don't think so...
    It's secured for one year and you have buy new phone like blackberry motion. Blackberry is more focused on security patch than OS update. Blackberry/TCL wants you to buy their phone every year. I love blackberry! Makes me buy new phone every year!
    10-26-17 12:06 PM
    It's secured for one year and you have buy new phone like blackberry motion. Blackberry is more focused on security patch than OS update. Blackberry/TCL wants you to buy their phone every year. I love blackberry! Makes me buy new phone every year!
    Assume you are taking the 'pee'? with that remark??
    Otherwise you are one sad person.
    A new phone every year?? at the 'rip off' prices that TCL/BB charge for a whole 1 year life??
    What a waste of money.. (PS...'BB focused on security' ; that IS a joke, their patches are WAY behind others, that's for sure!!)
    10-26-17 12:42 PM
    A new phone every year?? at the 'rip off' prices that TCL/BB charge for a whole 1 year life??
    What a waste of money.. (PS...'BB focused on security' ; that IS a joke, their patches are WAY behind others, that's for sure!!)
    I highly recommend pixel 2. Sure it cost $200 more than blackberry motion but they guarantee 3 OS updates (Android P, Q, R) with 3 years security patches. Snapdragon 835, water resistant, killer camera, AMOLED screen. I love it!

4 hours SOT used and still 60% battery life left.
    Last edited by krazyatom; 10-26-17 at 01:21 PM.
    10-26-17 01:06 PM
    I highly recommend pixel 2. Sure it cost $200 more than blackberry motion but they guarantee 3 OS updates (Android P, Q, R) with 3 years security patches. Snapdragon 835, water resistant, killer camera, AMOLED screen. I love it!

4 hours SOT used and still 60% battery life left.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7afc14ec3a.jpg
    It's a nice phone. Not enterprise-grade secure or as tough a build as shown by JerryRig - but still decent.

https://www.cnet.com/news/pixel-2-ha...-torture-test/
    10-26-17 03:02 PM
    It's a nice phone. Not enterprise-grade secure or as tough a build as shown by JerryRig - but still decent.

https://www.cnet.com/news/pixel-2-ha...-torture-test/
    What phone offers Enterprise grade security beside blackberry?? I thought Google pixel was Enterprise secured!
    10-26-17 03:25 PM
    What phone offers Enterprise grade security beside blackberry?? I thought Google pixel was Enterprise secured!
    Only BlackBerry Android and (to a degree) Samsung Knox have full root of trust and Integrity Detection.
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-26-17 03:30 PM
    Late again. Still waiting for the man.
    10-27-17 07:48 AM
    Late again. Still waiting for the man.
    BlackBerry delivered it on Oct 17. Many have it. For the rest, it resides in the in-box of both carriers and regional certification agencies.
    10-27-17 07:59 AM
    BlackBerry delivered it on Oct 17. Many have it. For the rest, it resides in the in-box of both carriers and regional certification agencies.
    Mine is unlocked, so it must be with the UK's mysterious "regional certificate agencies".

Whoever they are!?!?
    Last edited by Wmsi; 10-27-17 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo
    10-27-17 08:43 AM
    Mine is US factory unlocked so it was expected.
    10-27-17 12:12 PM
    Still waiting for my Oct update, on bell Canada ... For what ever reason , my sept came in like the first week of sept
    10-28-17 08:17 AM
    What are you on about? Who are they truly behind in pushing security patches besides google?
    10-28-17 08:53 AM
    What are you on about? Who are they truly behind in pushing security patches besides google?
    F.W.I.W. my sons Moto G4 actually got the October security update before my Dtek did!! (by 2 days!!)
    My Dtek is factory unlocked, and ALWAYS late getting the updates in UK.
    10-29-17 09:05 AM
    F.W.I.W. my sons Moto G4 actually got the October security update before my Dtek did!! (by 2 days!!)
    My Dtek is factory unlocked, and ALWAYS late getting the updates in UK.
    Maybe so but it's not a regular occurrence and BlackBerry has generally for the most part been ahead of everyone but Google. There are a lot of things involved in the update process once google releases patches so it's not always going to work out exactly as planned or expected. If it's that important to someone to have the patches on day one then their only option is a google pixel.
    10-29-17 09:11 AM
177 ... 23456 ...