Updated here today, unlocked KEYone black edition. It's a big one too...496.5 MB!

Edit: now running version AAP683
    Last edited by panopticon; 10-17-17 at 06:58 PM.
    10-17-17 06:27 PM
    So the basic Android update is available, we are referring to the BB version, which is ALWAYS late.
    Just because Android bulletin says its released bears no relationship to BB making THEIR's available (if they have even bothered to adapt it!)
    You will be lucky to see it next week, that's for sure!!
    Not true re: always being late. The last 2 updates September and August I got on the 5th.
    10-17-17 06:33 PM
    Got my update today as well. Ontario, Canada on Rogers Network on factory unlocked Dtek50.
    Any notable improvements? My wife D50 received the notification but I haven't installed it because the battery is in such rough shape that almost anything processor intensive kills the battery - even when it's plugged in. Really hoping Motion is released this month in Canada.
    10-18-17 07:39 PM
    Any notable improvements? My wife D50 received the notification but I haven't installed it because the battery is in such rough shape that almost anything processor intensive kills the battery - even when it's plugged in. Really hoping Motion is released this month in Canada.
    Improvements? None that I can see atm. I did notice that the battery wasn't hot or warm during the update which was nice. About your battery.. I've been recommending battery conditioning to people like you who are experiencing battery problems. I swear by it. I've had my DTEK50 14 months now and have had zero battery problems. Here's how it works..

3x of discharging your battery from 100% down to 0 (phone shutting off) , then recharging it back up to 100%. If during this process the phone doesn't charge fully (like say 97%), with the phone ON plug the charger back in and charge to 100%. Do this 3x and your battery should be much better and better at holding a longer charge. It is hard on the battery but your only doing it once and I think the advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages. Give it a go!
    big_time2 and hemodad like this.
    10-18-17 08:17 PM
    got it too today after manual check. Factory unlocked dtek50 in Switzerland
    Matty and big_time2 like this.
    10-19-17 02:43 AM
    Just got mine USA!
    10-20-17 12:03 PM
    No update on Priv STV 100-4 in Germany until today.
    10-20-17 12:34 PM
    It's called the Motion. Half way between the 50 and 60, with a much better camera, and a huge battery.

I think we'll see patches into next year until Google stops M updates in the spring or summer.
    Don't bite, there are many phones out there with WAY better support than BBMo. Mine is coming out of the box with Oreo. Your choice and money though.
    10-22-17 07:01 AM
    Don't bite, there are many phones out there with WAY better support than BBMo. Mine is coming out of the box with Oreo. Your choice and money though.
    What do you know about BlackBerry Mobile's support? Their first phone has only been out for 4 months.
    10-22-17 09:14 AM
    Support in general is just about null on most manufacturers
    10-22-17 11:18 PM
    I know enough to NEVER buy a BlackBerry logo'ed phone again, after 13 years of owning one. Is that knowing enough? I know it's not 4 months, but it's enough for me, and at least twenty people I know.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    10-22-17 11:43 PM
    I know enough to NEVER buy a BlackBerry logo'ed phone again, after 13 years of owning one. Is that knowing enough? I know it's not 4 months, but it's enough for me, and at least twenty people I know.
    I'm not sure you understand that BlackBerry is out of the device business and have licenced the brand name to other, unrelated companies. The licencees make their own decisions regarding updates and support.
    10-22-17 11:54 PM
    Does anybody here know when we will get the october security update for the most secure smartphone BlackBerry Priv ?
    10-23-17 05:18 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile is licenced by BlackBerry to use the name and logo of BlackBerry as BlackBerry Mobile. They produce the hardware, BlackBerry gives the software. So they really have to do with BlackBerry. So please stop always telling us, they have nothing to do with BlackBerry!
    10-23-17 05:40 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile is licenced by BlackBerry to use the name and logo of BlackBerry as BlackBerry Mobile. They produce the hardware, BlackBerry gives the software. So they really have to do with BlackBerry. So please stop always telling us, they have nothing to do with BlackBerry!
    Of course BlackBerry continues to be a vendor to its licencees for the software.

But it's the licencees who ultimately make all of the decisions regarding their own devices - including patch and update support.

As an example, BlackBerry Mobile announced publicly that both the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion will get Oreo, and they have been keeping up with monthly patches. PT BB Merah Putih has chosen, on the other hand, to make no such announcement and only provide sporadic security patches.
    10-23-17 07:03 AM
    Of course BlackBerry continues to be a vendor to its licencees for the software.

But it's the licencees who ultimately make all of the decisions regarding their own devices - including patch and update support.

As an example, BlackBerry Mobile announced publicly that both the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion will get Oreo, and they have been keeping up with monthly patches. PT BB Merah Putih has chosen, on the other hand, to make no such announcement and only provide sporadic security patches.
    And so the name " BlackBerry" and the faith in it can be pushed to hell. I don't understand why BlackBerry does't worry about it. The BlackBerry Priv for example was the most expensive BlackBerry powered by Android device. Its customers could believe in the name BlackBerry and invest in another product again - or not.
    10-23-17 08:48 AM
    Its customers could believe in the name BlackBerry and invest in another produkt again - or not.
    Absolutely.

It is your choice to buy a device with a BlackBerry logo and BlackBerry software from TCL (or PT BB Merah Putih, or Optiemus Infracom), or to go with anyone else.
    10-23-17 08:52 AM
    Absolutely.

It is your choice to buy a device with a BlackBerry logo and BlackBerry software from TCL (or PT BB Merah Putih, or Optiemus Infracom), or to go with anyone else.
    Isn't it a little arrogant ?
    Wmsi likes this.
    10-23-17 08:56 AM
    Isn't it a little arrogant ?
    You can see it that way, sure.

But understand that BlackBerry was losing epic amounts of money on devices, and left the business to avoid bankruptcy.

The new licencing model is the only alternative to no devices at all.

The slate is now clean, and it is TCL that you must choose to put your faith in or not.
    10-23-17 08:59 AM
    And so the name " BlackBerry" and the faith in it can be pushed to hell. I don't understand why BlackBerry does't worry about it. The BlackBerry Priv for example was the most expensive BlackBerry powered by Android device. Its customers could believe in the name BlackBerry and invest in another product again - or not.
    Look at it another way. BB left the phone hardware business. Since they have no intention of being in the phone hardware business, they don't care what the licensees do with aspects of the brand. If the licensees don't take care of the brand they're licensing, they're hurting themselves. BB gets their money.
    10-23-17 09:02 AM
    You can see it that way, sure.

But understand that BlackBerry was losing epic amounts of money on devices, and left the business to avoid bankruptcy.

The new licencing model is the only alternative to no devices at all.

The slate is now clean, and it is TCL that you must choose to put your faith in or not.
    In this way this licensing model will not work.
    10-23-17 09:06 AM
    In this way this licensing model will not work.
    That's too bad that it won't work for you. But it sure works for me, as I absolutely love my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    10-23-17 09:10 AM
    Look at it another way. BB left the phone hardware business. Since they have no intention of being in the phone hardware business, they don't care what the licensees do with aspects of the brand. If the licensees don't take care of the brand they're licensing, they're hurting themselves. BB gets their money.
    ...and the bad reputation. I agree.
    10-23-17 09:11 AM
    That's too bad that it won't work for you. But it sure works for me, as I absolutely love my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Loves makes you blind ;-)
    10-23-17 09:13 AM
    ...and the bad reputation. I agree.
    What bad reputation? They're not in that business anymore. It's somebody else's bad reputation to worry about.
    10-23-17 09:15 AM
177 1234 ...