So I bit the bullet this morning and installed Nova launcher (and prime) onto my 50. I've purchased it previously when I had my HTC and loved the customization of it. I've used it on 3 tablets afterwards as well.

I was able to set it up with the same look as the blackberry launcher with the exception of using swipe up for app tray. The performance feels quicker, and battery life seems like it's draining less. I've set it up exactly as I wanted it but setup took roughly 45 mins, and I've only used 2% battery drain. Not bad
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-31-17 07:05 AM
    Have been using Nova for a month. Have not noticed any battery improvement but like it enough to replace the BlackBerry Launcher. If you want to use popup widgets, intall the paid app Popup Widget from Playstore. It creates home screen shortcuts that pop up widgets. Not as elegant as the BB Launcher's, but has lots of customizations to keep you happy, including on screen adjustments to the size and the location of the popup window and multiple instances of the widget.
    01-31-17 08:10 AM
    Does installing a different launcher from the default replace the default launcher?

Can the phone be reverted to the default launcher, if unhappy with the replacement?

Are all launchers that replace the default compatible with all Android apps, or is there potential for problems?

If I underatand correctly, in order to use optional icon packs, the default launcher has to be replaced, right?
    01-31-17 08:57 AM
    Does installing a different launcher from the default replace the default launcher?

Can the phone be reverted to the default launcher, if unhappy with the replacement?

Are all launchers that replace the default compatible with all Android apps, or is there potential for problems?

If I underatand correctly, in order to use optional icon packs, the default launcher has to be replaced, right?
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    4. No.
    01-31-17 09:29 AM
    Nova launcher work fine with my dtek50
    Attached Thumbnails Nova launcher on DTEK50-screenshot_20170130-153651.jpg  
    02-01-17 06:33 AM
    Just want to mention that you can put more than 5 icons on the dock and you can also get rid of the redundant app drawer icon.
    02-01-17 12:17 PM
    I had nova, bought it ages ago.
    But now using Action launcher 3, I find it faster & more intuitive than nova. Plus I can get my dtek50's homescreen just the way I want.

02-01-17 04:40 PM