Is there any way to customize the phone notification ring for individual contacts like I did on my Z30?
    I'm starting to like this phone except that there are soooooo many settings to change that I'm killing the battery. I hope once everything is set up the way I like it, the battery will improve. I was getting sound notifications from so many apps it was making me crazy!
    01-14-17 05:12 PM
    Go into Contacts app
    Select a contact
    Select edit
    Select menu (three dots in top right corner)
    Select Set ring tone
    big_time2 likes this.
    01-15-17 01:37 AM
    I was getting sound notifications from so many apps it was making me crazy!
    Check the settings of each app to turn off the notifications you don't want. Additionally go to Settings | Apps | (select an app) | Notifications. Set the notifications options for each app.

It's part of the usual Android customization process.
    01-16-17 10:36 AM
    Go into Contacts app
    Select a contact
    Select edit
    Select menu (three dots in top right corner)
    Select Set ring tone
    Thanks Captain!! I was looking everywhere, but didn't select edit first. Now it works!! I would never learn this phone without CB!!!
    01-16-17 08:51 PM
    Check the settings of each app to turn off the notifications you don't want. Additionally go to Settings | Apps | (select an app) | Notifications. Set the notifications options for each app.

It's part of the usual Android customization process.
    Thanks. I've been doing that little by little. No wonder my battery is so stressed. LOL 😂
    01-16-17 08:53 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....onavoid&hl=en
    No wonder my battery is so stressed
    Consider plugging the phone into the charger when doing heavy lifting, though based on my experience with 2 DTEK50's that are pretty well set up now, heavy battery drain, I found, is likely caused by background activity by apps that think they know how to manage your phone better than you do.

In one case, I had an app (Onavo Count) that monitors data usage, that was the culprit; once I uninstalled it, battery consumption became reasonable. Perhaps the fact that Onavo is owned by Facebook might explain its intrusive nature.
    01-17-17 03:10 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....onavoid&hl=en

Consider plugging the phone into the charger when doing heavy lifting, though based on my experience with 2 DTEK50's that are pretty well set up now, heavy battery drain, I found, is likely caused by background activity by apps that think they know how to manage your phone better than you do.

In one case, I had an app (Onavo Count) that monitors data usage, that was the culprit; once I uninstalled it, battery consumption became reasonable. Perhaps the fact that Onavo is owned by Facebook might explain its intrusive nature.
    I removed my FB app as I prefer going through the browser anyway. I'll see what that does.
    01-17-17 05:38 PM