I got mine yesterday knowing Picture Password is not on the device. I can wait for that, no problem.
    What I can't wait for is Wi-Fi calling. I spent the afternoon yesterday and all morning today setting up/transferring only to find out it doesn't work. It's going back in the box until someone figures this out.
    I also miss my BB10 calculator. How damn hard is it to port the freaking calculator over to Android!?
    I hope they figure out this Wi-Fi calling on TMO soon because the phone is absolutely beautiful!

calculator app is included!as for wifi call tmobile!
    08-12-16 09:33 PM
    Wow, I'd call that *the* major oversight. I've always offered as evidence the argument that the iPhone is a toy because there’s no calculator out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    U actually use the device? Or you like adding fuel to fire?
    08-12-16 09:34 PM
    calculator app is included!as for wifi call tmobile!
    Yes, calculator app is included but not THE calculator app, the BlackBerry10 calculator app. Big difference.
    08-12-16 09:38 PM
    Yes, calculator app is included but not THE calculator app, the BlackBerry10 calculator app. Big difference.
    Can't you find one that suits you from google app store? The calculator that came with DTEK50 is the standard calculator that came with the OS.
    08-12-16 10:08 PM
    Winers!!

So much more for the device than a stupid password method. Grow up use the device discover it's abilities for your use and write to BlackBerry to bring this feature.

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    08-12-16 10:14 PM
    I can understand before in BB World not much apps available. In google playstore we dont have that issue.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    08-12-16 10:16 PM
    The picture password unlock is a brilliant security method that BlackBerry either invented or licensed. I'm sure it will be in an update.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-12-16 10:19 PM
    08-12-16 10:23 PM
    Bugger I hope they put it in

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-12-16 10:29 PM
    Personally I'd take the calculator over the picture password, lol. Don't get me wrong, I use the picture password on my BB Z30 as it look intimidating, but 2 of my Ex's were able to unlock my phone within 5 attempts. They didn't know the number or part of the pic I choose, but they were able to get in after a few tries...
    08-12-16 10:59 PM
    I use MobiCalc. It's better than the BB10 calculator.

And no fear, picture password is coming.
    TommyBB likes this.
    08-12-16 11:08 PM
    I just read the Engadget review of the DTEK50 and it states that the famous picture password is NOT on the DTEK50!!! I googled it but but could not find a satisfactory answer.
    What the heck BlackBerry?! This one the best features to make a smartphone secure and you pull it out when you release a smartphone that markets itself as The Most Secure Android Smartphone!!

Can DTEK50 owners please tell me this is not true??!

Posted via CB10
    Asked a few of my people, no picture password as of yet.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-13-16 05:18 PM
    Not a Deal breaker for me but would of been good what with this being the world's most secure yada yada yada.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:50 PM
    Not a Deal breaker for me but would of been good what with this being the world's most secure yada yada yada.

Posted via CB10
    It's coming.
    08-13-16 07:03 PM
    It's coming.
    That's fine then, I won't get mine till end of year.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 07:12 PM
    I got mine yesterday knowing Picture Password is not on the device. I can wait for that, no problem.
    What I can't wait for is Wi-Fi calling. I spent the afternoon yesterday and all morning today setting up/transferring only to find out it doesn't work. It's going back in the box until someone figures this out.
    I also miss my BB10 calculator. How damn hard is it to port the freaking calculator over to Android!?
    I hope they figure out this Wi-Fi calling on TMO soon because the phone is absolutely beautiful!
    According to Bla1ze the carrier has to sent configurations to your phone to enable WiFi calling.
    08-13-16 08:15 PM
    Are you guys gonna be ok until the update? Will you manage somehow? Or will the countless scoundrels in the shadows finally get into your phones now that you don't have picture password?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-13-16 09:04 PM
    Are you guys gonna be ok until the update? Will you manage somehow? Or will the countless scoundrels in the shadows finally get into your phones now that you don't have picture password?
    No, they won't be. People will constantly be breaking in to their devices and stealing their information! Apparently no one is safe without Picture Password!!!
    08-14-16 10:17 AM
    Wow, I'd call that *the* major oversight. I've always offered as evidence the argument that the iPhone is a toy because there�s no calculator out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    There is one but just a very basic one.
    08-14-16 10:26 AM
    Seriously. If you installed all the calculator apps from the play store, you'd possibly be running out of internal storage before you get them all... what's there to whine about?!?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 10:35 AM
    I don't understand the mirth and chiding over picture passwords.

That's a security feature on a phone marketed as the most secure android phone. I'm glad some of the members here don't have anything to keep secure, and further glad that they then foolishly pay a premium for secure devices, which benefits the rest of us. Thanks!

08-14-16 04:43 PM
    Seriously. If you installed all the calculator apps from the play store, you'd possibly be running out of internal storage before you get them all... what's there to whine about?!?

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand any of this........if the phone was gold someone would complain its not platinum..........this is a 300 dollar phone......these must be the same people who would buy a Chevy Malibu and want to know why its not as fast as a Corvette after all they are both made by Chevy.
    bberrist and IndianTiwari like this.
    08-14-16 08:30 PM

That's a security feature on a phone marketed as the most secure android phone. I'm glad some of the members here don't have anything to keep secure, and further glad that they then foolishly pay a premium for secure devices, which benefits the rest of us. Thanks!

Phones can still be secure without picture password. Geez.
    08-14-16 08:40 PM

I didn't pay premium for the security. I paid a premium for the hardware keyboard. If they lose that I'm outta here.
    08-14-16 09:12 PM
    Well, okay, me too. PKB is worth the premium. Security is important to me, but the PKB is really first on my list, too

Responding to others, the picture password is pretty secure. I don't even feel like explaining. Google it. Very secure method.

08-14-16 09:17 PM
67 123