I just read the Engadget review of the DTEK50 and it states that the famous picture password is NOT on the DTEK50!!! I googled it but but could not find a satisfactory answer.
    What the heck BlackBerry?! This one the best features to make a smartphone secure and you pull it out when you release a smartphone that markets itself as The Most Secure Android Smartphone!!

Can DTEK50 owners please tell me this is not true??!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by howarmat; 08-12-16 at 02:49 AM.
    08-12-16 01:06 AM
    Really? But I just went on about how that makes finger print scanner pointless, why would they do that.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 01:15 AM
    Picture password and August security update on the PRIV; can we honestly say that the DTEK50 is the most secure of the Androids?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-12-16 01:39 AM
    No picture password?! When I heard that fingerprint scanner isn't included with the phone, then I thought about relying on picture password and purchased Dtek50. It is still in transit to me and should arrive on Monday. If it really doesn't have at least picture password, then I most likely will return the device without even opening it. Are you guys positive that picture password option isn't there?
    08-12-16 02:26 AM
    Mine is also still in transit but will be delivered in the next hours. Will let you know! In the meantime, is there somebody who already owns one to let us know?!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 02:30 AM
    Mine is also still in transit but will be delivered in the next hours. Will let you know! In the meantime, is there somebody who already owns one to let us know?!

Posted via CB10

That's right, no picture password ATM
    08-12-16 03:25 AM
    That seems like a glaring oversight from Chen.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    08-12-16 04:16 AM
    Is picture password available on Priv?

08-12-16 04:24 AM
    BlackBerry knows that, and they will be adding it in the upcoming update.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-12-16 04:28 AM
    BlackBerry knows that, and they will be adding it in the upcoming update.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Your source please
    08-12-16 05:04 AM
    I just read the Engadget review of the DTEK50 and it states that the famous picture password is NOT on the DTEK50!!! I googled it but but could not find a satisfactory answer.
    What the heck BlackBerry?! This one the best features to make a smartphone secure and you pull it out when you release a smartphone that markets itself as The Most Secure Android Smartphone!!

Can DTEK50 owners please tell me this is not true??!

Posted via CB10
    Picture password is coming in a future update.

sicz24 likes this.
    08-12-16 05:32 AM
    I was really disappointed in seeing this as well.

Posted via DTEK50
    08-12-16 06:59 AM

Yes, it is.
    08-12-16 11:23 AM
    BlackBerry can just never seem to just knock it out the park. No pic password. Smdh

08-12-16 11:36 AM
    Apparently the 'Picture Password' is being added soon in an upcoming update. I agree this should have come standard since the Priv has it already.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    08-12-16 12:20 PM
    I don't get this. Thurber said priv and dtek50 run the same codebase and priv had picture password otb. How is this even justifiable?

08-12-16 12:40 PM
    I got mine yesterday knowing Picture Password is not on the device. I can wait for that, no problem.
    What I can't wait for is Wi-Fi calling. I spent the afternoon yesterday and all morning today setting up/transferring only to find out it doesn't work. It's going back in the box until someone figures this out.
    I also miss my BB10 calculator. How damn hard is it to port the freaking calculator over to Android!?
    I hope they figure out this Wi-Fi calling on TMO soon because the phone is absolutely beautiful!
    08-12-16 12:48 PM
    I also miss my BB10 calculator. How damn hard is it to port the freaking calculator over to Android!?
    Wow, I'd call that *the* major oversight. I've always offered as evidence the argument that the iPhone is a toy because there�s no calculator out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 01:18 PM

Yes it is.
    08-12-16 01:21 PM
    Wow, I'd call that *the* major oversight. I've always offered as evidence the argument that the iPhone is a toy because there’s no calculator out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    there is a calculator, but just not the same calculator from bb10.
    TommyBB likes this.
    08-12-16 01:26 PM
    i've read in several places that the picture password is coming in a future update. they *just* released the phone, so give them a minute to work out the kinks.
    08-12-16 01:27 PM
    I got mine yesterday knowing Picture Password is not on the device. I can wait for that, no problem.
    What I can't wait for is Wi-Fi calling. I spent the afternoon yesterday and all morning today setting up/transferring only to find out it doesn't work. It's going back in the box until someone figures this out.
    I hope they figure out this Wi-Fi calling on TMO soon because the phone is absolutely beautiful!
    Read page 26 of the DTEK user manual. Wi-Fi calling availability seems dependent on your service provider. I have Wind Mobile which has no Wi Fi calling, but hubby has Virgin and has WiFi calling. I am going to swap out SIM cards and see what happens.
    I swapped SIM Cards and could not find WiFi calling on Virgin. I am confused now as my husband has an iphone 6s plus and has WiFi calling with Virgin. Yet when I put his SIM in my phone there is nothing in settings to turn it on????
    Here is what the DTEK manual says: (my phone does not show More WiFi calling at all.

Turn on Wi-Fi calling

Your device might be able to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi networks, even if you have limited or no mobile network coverage.

Depending on your service provider, this feature might not be supported. Contact your service provider for more information.

Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
    Tap The Settings icon > More > Wi-Fi calling.
    Turn on the Wi-Fi Calling switch.
    To see when your device will make Wi-Fi calls, turn on Wi-Fi Calling Status.
    Tap Wi-Fi calling preferences > Connection preferences.
    To use a Wi-Fi network, even when you have a cellular signal, tap Wi-Fi preferred.
    To never use a cellular network and only use a Wi-Fi network, tap Wi-Fi only.
    To only use a Wi-Fi network for calls when you don't have a cellular signal, tap Cellular network preferred.
    Last edited by kitmo; 08-12-16 at 06:36 PM.
    08-12-16 06:10 PM
    there is a calculator, but just not the same calculator from bb10.
    I'm disappointed in this as well, I love the Bb10 calculator with the unit converter and tip calculator etc. It's too bad that's not available

Posted via DTEK50
    08-12-16 06:27 PM
    Read page 26 of the DTEK user manual. Wi-Fi calling availability seems dependent on your service provider. I have Wind Mobile which has no Wi Fi calling, but hubby has Virgin and has WiFi calling. I am going to swap out SIM cards and see what happens.
    I swapped SIM Cards and could not find WiFi calling on Virgin. I am confused now as my husband has an iphone 6s plus and has WiFi calling with Virgin. Yet when I put his SIM in my phone there is nothing in settings to turn it on????
    Here is what the DTEK manual says: (my phone does not show More WiFi calling at all.

Turn on Wi-Fi calling

Your device might be able to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi networks, even if you have limited or no mobile network coverage.

Depending on your service provider, this feature might not be supported. Contact your service provider for more information.

Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
    Tap The Settings icon > More > Wi-Fi calling.
    Turn on the Wi-Fi Calling switch.
    To see when your device will make Wi-Fi calls, turn on Wi-Fi Calling Status.
    Tap Wi-Fi calling preferences > Connection preferences.
    To use a Wi-Fi network, even when you have a cellular signal, tap Wi-Fi preferred.
    To never use a cellular network and only use a Wi-Fi network, tap Wi-Fi only.
    To only use a Wi-Fi network for calls when you don't have a cellular signal, tap Cellular network preferred.
    Certainly not blaming BlackBerry for this but there should have been some back and forth between them and T-Mobile on this issue. The market for the Dtek50 is only limited to T-Mobile and AT&T in the States, no CDMA version ever coming for VZW or Sprint. This should have been sorted before release.

Thanks for the instructions but the problem is, there is no Wi-Fi calling switch, like on the Priv. I know exactly where it's supposed to be but it's not there.
    08-12-16 09:10 PM
    Wow, I'd call that *the* major oversight. I've always offered as evidence the argument that the iPhone is a toy because there’s no calculator out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Is that why you always lose that argument because the iPhone does have a calculator out of the box?
    sidtek50 and melander like this.
    08-12-16 09:25 PM
67 123