I have been trying via Google to get a price if I sell my dtek50. Nothing comes up on any site that buys phones in UK. Obviously it just confirms what people are saying - that the blackberry brand is unwanted in the secondhand market. Well, as a BlackBerry user of over 10 years, I've tried the dtek50 and gave it a chance. Sadly it's not up to scratch. It's getting slower and unresponsive. I also got one for wife. She soon ditched it for an iPhone 7 but soon saw the error of her ways. We have now both got Samsung Galaxy 7Edge which kicks all others into touch. I now can't find a buyer for our dtek50 phones. Sorry Blackberry, we are another two former diehard customers who have somewhat reluctantly moved on but you've got nothing more to offer
    01-30-17 05:09 PM
    Psst. It's the price. Always a failing of BlackBerry phones. You price it right on crackberry marketplace and someone will grab it/them.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-30-17 05:11 PM
    Too bad OP. My small fleet of DTEK50 devices is working great, with happy users.
    01-30-17 05:28 PM
    Did you check on eBay? You can have an idea on what price you might put it on sale.
    Only reason I don't ditch my iPhone 5S for now is because it works fine and I can't handle over 4 inches screen size devices.
    01-30-17 06:44 PM
    Not sure what is up with the dteks that you got, but, my dtek50 is working quite well.

If you wanted more performance, you could have gotten the dtek60 and saved money vs the iPhone or gakaxy. Also comparing $1,000 phones vs. $400 dtek50 doesn't seem appropriate. (Canada dollars)

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 09:06 PM
    This post interests me not regarding the difficulty in selling but the performance degradation on 2 different Dtek50s. Sounds like it was fine initially and then slowed. I only just switched over from Z30 last week and time will tell if I will get the same degradation. I hope not. ‎Also, you've switched to Samsung which is also Android so I wonder if you will soon experience degradation there as well. If so, the cause would likely be some of your specific apps independent of the phone. If you don't experience degradation, then there may indeed be a problem with the Dtek. It'd be interesting to hear your experience after a while.
    Ethynil likes this.
    01-31-17 06:41 AM

Also comparing $1,000 phones vs. $400 dtek50 doesn't seem appropriate. (Canada dollars)

Agree.. It's quite unfair comparing two devices from different tiers.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 02:19 AM
    OP was a die-hard BlackBerry fan, and went out and bought the cheapest devices BlackBerry sells... and is obviously underwhelmed when comparing to top of the line competition.

where are you trying to sell your devices ? I'm sure some crackberry users would buy them

Posted via CB10
    jermainewill likes this.
    02-01-17 02:36 AM
    Can someone tell me the release date of the dtek50?
    02-01-17 03:51 AM
    Can someone tell me the release date of the dtek50?
    August 2016.
    02-01-17 06:12 AM
    I'm constantly putting my used Blackberries on eBay, and it never took more than a 7 day auction to sell them for ok-ish prices. The last ones I sold were a Leap, a Priv and a Dtek50. No problem.
    artbyshan likes this.
    02-01-17 10:33 AM
    Also a full time DTEK50 user no issues at all so far had from release date.
    Ethynil and CerveloJohn like this.
    02-01-17 11:14 AM
    My post was to do with selling my dtek50. UK recyclers advertising on Google had plenty of earler blackberry models both OS7 and OS10 handsets for resale but not dtek50.
    Another comment was that I was expecting high end performance from the phone. No I wasn't. I didn't like the Priv so eagerly awaited dtek50 to replace the fantastic Z30 which was OS10 which I loved but never promoted by by blackberry to their eternal shame.
    I tried dtek50 but it was never in the class of Z30 which begs the question : why did bb not replace the Z30 with a comparable spec and performance phone at a mid price to attract customers back? Another stupid move by Chen and Co. Anyway I have now got the fantastic Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 which I am sure bb could have matched at a mid range price had they not been so obsessed with their Internet of Things etc which I couldn't care less about. I want a phone with a great screen and performance which the Galaxy Edge 7 is about and an android successor to the Z30 could have been. That's why I've moved. Conite look into the wider world and remove your blinkers
    02-01-17 04:06 PM
    Psst, can't compare a mid-range intended for enterprise with a top high end intended for the demanding general public.

A fairer comparison would be dtek60 and s7 edge.

A fair price for used dtek50 is about $150. Good luck with sales!

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-01-17 04:12 PM
    Try advertising your BB DTEK50 on kijiji
    02-01-17 09:27 PM
    Hi Ian,

How much would you be willing to sell your DTEK50 for? I am not a huge fan of android but my BB Classic's app situation is forcing me to make the move to android. I've had a DTEK50 before (two in fact) but i'm willing to give it a 3rd (and final) try.
    02-02-17 03:51 PM
    Don't know what DTEK50 you were using Ian but my 50 compares in every way to my Z30. The camera is better, battery life is comparable (I can get 1.5 days between charges now), and the screen is great! Combine this with the BlackBerry experience and a vibrant Android ecosystem and there are days that I feel like I've died and gone to heaven with this phone! It's a great phone. Too bad you weren't able to discover that.
    02-02-17 06:09 PM
    My post was to do with selling my dtek50. UK recyclers advertising on Google had plenty of earler blackberry models both OS7 and OS10 handsets for resale but not dtek50.
    Another comment was that I was expecting high end performance from the phone. No I wasn't. I didn't like the Priv so eagerly awaited dtek50 to replace the fantastic Z30 which was OS10 which I loved but never promoted by by blackberry to their eternal shame.
    I tried dtek50 but it was never in the class of Z30 which begs the question : why did bb not replace the Z30 with a comparable spec and performance phone at a mid price to attract customers back? Another stupid move by Chen and Co. Anyway I have now got the fantastic Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 which I am sure bb could have matched at a mid range price had they not been so obsessed with their Internet of Things etc which I couldn't care less about. I want a phone with a great screen and performance which the Galaxy Edge 7 is about and an android successor to the Z30 could have been. That's why I've moved. Conite look into the wider world and remove your blinkers
    Lmao ma man the Z30 did not have a good screen at all it was 5 inches and 720p. The Galaxy Edge 7 is over a thousand dollars here in Canada, the DTEK60 was super comparable to that and only $650 and way better than a Z30.
    02-03-17 04:29 AM
    The title of this thread is bogus. Sure the OP has issues or concerns, but the people on this thread have spoken - people here definitely want the DTEK50. I have 4 in my house, got 2 more for my parents. Uh, we like ours.
    CerveloJohn and Ethynil like this.
    02-04-17 12:49 PM
    Anyone who says that "...to their eternal shame" when discussing BlackBerry's OS decisions, himself needs to have his "blinkers" removed.
    Ethynil likes this.
    02-04-17 12:56 PM
    Don't know what DTEK50 you were using Ian but my 50 compares in every way to my Z30. The camera is better, battery life is comparable (I can get 1.5 days between charges now), and the screen is great! Combine this with the BlackBerry experience and a vibrant Android ecosystem and there are days that I feel like I've died and gone to heaven with this phone! It's a great phone. Too bad you weren't able to discover that.
    I'm with you Johnny on this. I'm more than happy with my dtek50. Battery life is good for what I need No one wants a DTEK50-screenshot_20170205-111747.jpg
    02-05-17 05:21 AM
    I'm with you Johnny on this. I'm more than happy with my dtek50. Battery life is good for what I need Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170205-111747.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	417002
    Can I just make a (obvious) point. Battery life on an android is VERY, VERY subject to change. I've used android since it first came out and that screenshot showing you having 1.3 days of battery life....that's likely because you had all background apps closed etc etc. Before I sold my DTEK50, I could quite literally see the same as you. It would say 1.3 days left - but then if I opened an app, had wifi on, it would drop to something like 10 hours. Then if I had push emails on and was sending/receiving emails, i'd get no more than 5-6 hours out of it (with low-medium usage). I think this has to be mentioned. If any newbies come to the site and think they're going to get 1.3 days of battery life from a DTEK50, they're going to be in a fit of rage when they find out the battery life is poor/mediocre at best. IF......IF you just use the phone for calls/texts and wifi is off, you don't email much (push settings) or use whatsapp/facebook etc then I don't doubt you could get a fair battery lifecycle out of it. But hey, just my 2 cents ;-)
    jcbrunson likes this.
    02-07-17 02:56 PM
    My observation is that the remaining usage estimate is based on the actual pattern of use since the last charge. Currently I'm sitting at 24% and have an estimated 11 hours remaining. I last charged my device two nights ago.
    02-07-17 08:56 PM
    My observation is that the remaining usage estimate is based on the actual pattern of use since the last charge. Currently I'm sitting at 24% and have an estimated 11 hours remaining. I last charged my device two nights ago.
    24% giving 11 hours remaining means you pretty much have the phone sitting unused for those 11 hours. On standby.

#whatisclassic
    02-08-17 07:45 AM
    A better screen to show would be the screen on time. I always use that as a true measure of battery performance
    02-08-17 09:55 AM
48 12