I haven't been on Crackberry much this month due to work but I just noticed the date today and don't remember getting the April security update. Phone still says March and checking updates it says phone is up to date? Was it released?

I know us Dtek 50 users are living on borrowed time now before BlackBerry slams the door shut on these updates. Just hoping it's later rather than sooner.
    05-02-18 10:33 AM
    Nope... some say it's a sign of them working on the new device, some say there were issues. Either way I think April is history now.
    05-02-18 10:54 AM
    Vast conspiracy by the illuminati overlords is what I heard from Android Central. When it comes to Android, they know everything over there, so it could be true.
    05-02-18 11:09 AM
    I wish my dtek50 was on the March patch and not November '17. ;-(

Posted via my Awesome passport
    05-02-18 04:35 PM
    I wish my dtek50 was on the March patch and not November '17. ;-(

Posted via my Awesome passport
    While I don't believe that missing an update every now and then matters. Were some pretty major patches at the first of the year.

I've been fine with Samsung's update process, and they never made any claims.
    05-03-18 11:39 AM
    I haven't been on Crackberry much this month due to work but I just noticed the date today and don't remember getting the April security update. Phone still says March and checking updates it says phone is up to date? Was it released?

I know us Dtek 50 users are living on borrowed time now before BlackBerry slams the door shut on these updates. Just hoping it's later rather than sooner.
    Just noticed we Dtek users have even beed 'downgraded' by Crackberry, and we are now lower than a 'Priv' !! in the listing rankings. (used to be after Keyone, and Motion. Now below the Aurora and the Priv)
    Shows just how much Crackberry thinks of the Dteks then!!
    Not much left to say really, is there??
    05-03-18 01:09 PM
    April?? I'm still on january (Vodafone Romania).
    05-04-18 12:49 AM
    Just noticed we Dtek users have even beed 'downgraded' by Crackberry, and we are now lower than a 'Priv' !! in the listing rankings. (used to be after Keyone, and Motion. Now below the Aurora and the Priv)
    Have to face facts... most of the folks here are fans, and most of them are going to buy the next "new" phone. And for many, a BlackBerry is a PKB phone. So the number of active folks using a DTEK is probable very small (expect many have one in their collection).

Same thing happened with the Z10 launched and BBOS was the outdated OS. Even thought at that time, you had 10's of millions of legacy BBOS users in the world. And the 9900 probable still outsold the Z10 for a while.

What's "new" is what get's talked about.
    05-07-18 02:45 PM
    Isn't this simply a function of activity rankings automatically changing due to said activity.

In other words, more DTEK posts and threads activity would change rankings. You need to post more.. less paragraphs and more drive by Molotov cocktail type comments?????
    05-07-18 03:29 PM
    Isn't this simply a function of activity rankings automatically changing due to said activity.

In other words, more DTEK posts and threads activity would change rankings. You need to post more.. less paragraphs and more drive by Molotov cocktail type comments?????
    Strange then that the 'motion' is ranked above the Dteks, yet the last post was a week ago and Dteks50 was yesterday?? Also, the motion doesn't have a PKB, or at least, it hasn't had up to now!!
    But hey, why let things like 'activity' and 'posts' spoil the 'reasoning' behind the 'logic'??
    Who knows, who really cares?? From my point of view, my next phone will not be in any way connected to Blackberry..or TCL or BBMo Motorola is the way to go for me..
    Sons motog4 came with 'M' like my Dtek50, but cost £50 less. Comparable to Dtek in terms of 'ability to do what I want' and has also been upgraded to 'N', and there is a rumour it 'may' get 'O'. Might not have 'promises' of 'timely & regular updates' but at least there is 2 years more support than the Dtek will get!!
    05-07-18 03:48 PM
    Strange then that the 'motion' is ranked above the Dteks, yet the last post was a week ago and Dteks50 was yesterday?? Also, the motion doesn't have a PKB, or at least, it hasn't had up to now!!
    But hey, why let things like 'activity' and 'posts' spoil the 'reasoning' behind the 'logic'??
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Motion, and Aurora are the only currently available devices, so obviously they are at the top (and listed in order of sales / forum activity).

The rest appear to be in the order of number of devices sold, which I suspect would be correlated to forum activity too.
    05-07-18 03:53 PM
    Who knows, who really cares?? From my point of view, my next phone will not be in any way connected to Blackberry..or TCL or BBMo Motorola is the way to go for me..
    Sons motog4 came with 'M' like my Dtek50, but cost £50 less. Comparable to Dtek in terms of 'ability to do what I want' and has also been upgraded to 'N', and there is a rumour it 'may' get 'O'. Might not have 'promises' of 'timely & regular updates' but at least there is 2 years more support than the Dtek will get!!
    See you in Android Central I guess. However, the CrackBerry forums are quite fun aren't they?
    05-07-18 04:07 PM
    See you in Android Central I guess. However, the CrackBerry forums are quite fun aren't they?
    Well, whatever floats your boat, I suppose.
    Appears to me to be dominated by some who always see things through 'rose tinted glasses', those who 'wriggle like a worm on a hook' rather than admit they are possible mistaken, and those who 'just HAVE to have the last word' no matter how 'tenuous' it may be, and the odd one or two who deem anything said against the 'precious' company amounts to blasphemy, because BB/TCL/BBMo can NOT, EVER, do anything wrong!!

As for android central, may well pop over and see if they are a bit more of a 'well balanced' crew than some there are on here.....
    05-07-18 04:23 PM
    Appears to me to be dominated by some who always see things through 'rose tinted glasses', those who 'wriggle like a worm on a hook' rather than admit they are possible mistaken, and those who 'just HAVE to have the last word' no matter how 'tenuous' it may be, and the odd one or two who deem anything said against the 'precious' company amounts to blasphemy, because BB/TCL/BBMo can NOT, EVER, do anything wrong!!

As for android central, may well pop over and see if they are a bit more of a 'well balanced' crew than some there are on here.....
    Somedays just as crazy, many days, lots of posts and yet the answers seem better here. You'll see what I mean.... CrackBerry is the crazy uncle of the Mobile Nations family. But i get and give the most here, by far....
    05-07-18 08:38 PM

Well spoken, by the one who calls himself HughJarsse ('huge arse')...
    05-07-18 10:30 PM
    You realize those aren't 'rankings' right? While you were busy being so observant about what you presumed were rankings, it seems you missed that the BlackBerry KEYone Support forum was renamed to BlackBerry Mobile Support and moved out of the KEYone forums, as such the other forums got moved around as well in an order that was relevant based on traffic and device release.
    05-08-18 03:30 PM
    May security patch coming through now. AAZ053.
    Last edited by conite; 05-18-18 at 07:51 AM.
    Ethynil likes this.
    05-18-18 07:22 AM
    May security patch coming through now. AAZ053.
    Thanks for the heads up, Conite! Downloading now on ShopBB.com phone on a Rogers sub provider in Canada.
    05-18-18 07:57 AM