Hey everyone,

I have two DTEK50s and two separate Google accounts. I added Google account "A" to my phone and it syncs my gmail, contacts, calendar, etc. Everything is good.

But how do I add Google account "B" but choose only what I want it to sync?

I'm trying to have Google account "B" sync with my Photos and I don't want any PIM to sync to the phone except for Google account "A". Everytime I add the secondary "B" account, it adds all the PIM to the phone.

I know I can go into Settings>Accounts and then turn off what I don't want it to sync, but all the data still remains in the phone. Very annoying.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    07-19-17 07:24 PM
    Hey everyone,

I have two DTEK50s and two separate Google accounts. I added Google account "A" to my phone and it syncs my gmail, contacts, calendar, etc. Everything is good.

But how do I add Google account "B" but choose only what I want it to sync?

I'm trying to have Google account "B" sync with my Photos and I don't want any PIM to sync to the phone except for Google account "A". Everytime I add the secondary "B" account, it adds all the PIM to the phone.

I know I can go into Settings>Accounts and then turn off what I don't want it to sync, but all the data still remains in the phone. Very annoying.

I have two Gmail accounts. Like you, a Primary Account which syncs Contacts and Calendar. The second one only grabs email. I've set them both up in the Hub. So you Add New Account. You enter the email address and ENTER. It then starts the log in to Gmail and asks for Password. Do that. Then you get to Account Setup. As you look down that page you can UNcheck sync contacts, calendar. And then whatever else is available on that page. So I don't have any dealings with contacts or calendar for that account.

I hope that explains it.
    07-19-17 11:24 PM

Delete the secondary account, then disable your WiFi and data connections or put the phone in Airplane mode, so that the phone is offline and cannot download anything.

Then add the secondary account, and set the settings for that account to turn on/off the features you wish to synch.

Then reconnect the phone to the internet.

Synching occurs immediately when the account is added, before you have time to enable / disable settings.

I do pretty much the same thing, and operate the two phones with different features enabled / disabled.
    07-20-17 08:37 AM