That's what I'd like to see. A BlackBerry no larger than a Dtek50 with improved battery life, memory, camera, screen and SoC--just better performance all round.

I've been, and continue to be, very satisfied with the unassuming Dtek50. I like the experience of vanilla Marshmallow w/ BB's software package. An ideal replacement for me would comprise a zippier Dtek50.

The trend toward XL sized form factors too much of a good thing so here's hoping an updated Dtek50 hits the market at some point in the near future.
    04-29-18 10:51 AM
    That's what I'd like to see. A BlackBerry no larger than a Dtek50 with improved battery life, memory, camera, screen and SoC--just better performance all round.

I've been, and continue to be, very satisfied with the unassuming Dtek50. I like the experience of vanilla Marshmallow w/ BB's software package. An ideal replacement for me would comprise a zippier Dtek50.

The trend toward XL sized form factors too much of a good thing so here's hoping an updated Dtek50 hits the market at some point in the near future.
    You're looking at the Motion as probable solution. BlackBerry Mobile is not as competitive in the VKB market. The PKB market is their strength for now.
    04-29-18 03:41 PM
    Motion is not the phone op is looking for. I agree. I have a 50 and a 60. I prefer the specs and battery of the 60, but much prefer the size of the 50. Motion is pretty big.
    04-29-18 06:50 PM
    Motion is not the phone op is looking for. I agree. I have a 50 and a 60. I prefer the specs and battery of the 60, but much prefer the size of the 50. Motion is pretty big.
    If and when BBMo/TCL makes another VKB device, they have no choice but to offer single device that will sell the most devices to most people statistically. They need a success with the carriers before they can think of variety. It will be a Motion 2 with dimensions encouraged by carrier sales data. To be successful, BBMo/TCL has to do everything the opposite from what caused BlackBerry to fail. Contrarian designs and strategies win awards but rarely if ever win sales or more important, profits.
    04-29-18 07:06 PM
    I would suggest checking out the new Sony "compact" offering and throw the BlackBerry Hub on it. You will get better hardware and support. I have the new S9 and it feels much better ergonomiclly in my hand than our DTEK50 my son now uses.
    05-10-18 03:20 PM